BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season tickets 2022/23

20 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

I'm not sure it did help to be honest, after we had sold the half season tickets and the Blackburn End was virtually full, we only won 3 more games!

Pity they weren't picking the team.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Claytons Left Boot said:

Just seen on a football related Facebook site that Borussia Dortmund’s season ticket price, for the coming season, on the ‘yellow wall’ behind the nets, is Euro 240, or just over Euro 14 per game. That’s £218 per season. Very affordable, top flight football.

Benefits of the 50+1 ownership model.

Just seen on a football related Facebook site that Borussia Dortmund’s season ticket price, for the coming season, on the ‘yellow wall’ behind the nets, is Euro 240, or just over Euro 14 per game. That’s £218 per season. Very affordable, top flight football.

It's a bit far for me on a Saturday, and probably not do-able if I'm working late mid week. 

7 minutes ago, goozburger said:

I made a mistake yesterday in block W11W when entering the number of available seats. I entered 17 instead of 173. Figure revised, i.e., last night's estimate is 156 less than it was. Sorry! 🤥

Bloody hell mate don't apologise 😄😄. You have done some sterling work which I'm sure has been appreciated by everyone.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Wont happen until after we have veen through admin and got rid of the owners.

I reckon we could get to 13k+ despite the owners.

There are still 27k home fans out there as evidenced by the Oxford game in 2018.

Get the price right and folk will come. The 27k was a one off but shows that under certain circumstances, big crowds will happen. 

Some of the ‘lapsed former regulars’ and ‘now and again’ fans have to be enticed into being season ticket holders by two things. Success on the pitch and a sensible, affordable price, commensurate with the current economic climate, especially in an area like East Lancs.

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, Claytons Left Boot said:

Some of the ‘lapsed former regulars’ and ‘now and again’ fans have to be enticed into being season ticket holders by two things. Success on the pitch and a sensible, affordable price, commensurate with the current economic climate, especially in an area like East Lancs.

That paragraph is literally it.

Unfortunately, four years in the present CEO still doesn’t get it…

In a way I’m thrilled the dingles, noblot, nob end and even bratfud have sold between 13k and 15k each. It blows the apologists (some of my mates included) logic out the water that a grubby northern town in a cost of living crisis and pandemic and only hope to sell 7k. Price it right and bit of positivity goes a long way. 

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, matt83 said:

In a way I’m thrilled the dingles, noblot, nob end and even bratfud have sold between 13k and 15k each. It blows the apologists (some of my mates included) logic out the water that a grubby northern town in a cost of living crisis and pandemic and only hope to sell 7k. Price it right and bit of positivity goes a long way. 

It doesn’t blow any “apologist” FACTS about how thousands have walked away,  not because of PRICE but success.

Burnley despite relegation are still in a decent position with squad and expectation, PNE are close to as high as they’ve been for years and Bolton have a new ownership and a “positive” on our way back message.

In terms of necessary turnover, Burnley start the season with £35m+ in sponsor compared to our 5m, Preston save around £8m a year compared to us in terms of facilities, and wage outgoings for third and fourth tier clubs is a fraction of the competitive championship.

What does all that mean? People with different opinions to your constant moaning aren’t “apologists”. They’re probably far closer to the pulse, at least in my opinion.

Those desperate for cheaper prices, but also desperate for investment in the team surely need to read about the FFP rules, parachute payments and also remember that the only times in history where Blackburn Rovers could easily sell half their stadium as ST’s…. Immediately followed a sustained period of SUCCESS.

To expect many of those back after the last 12 years, without any results, just prices and a new structure…. Incredibly naive in my book.

Burnley are a red herring, they are keeping hold of residual PL support as most relegated teams do for a while. So I’m not really paying much attention to them.

However, in what way are PNE ‘close to the highest they’ve been in years’? They just had their standard mid table second division finish, they’ve been generally where they are now give or take a spell in L1 for twenty years. They’ve sold significantly more because their tickets were reduced significantly, simple as that.

For us, it’s a little more nuanced, I believe we need a bit of excitement over appointments/signings or a good season the year before to get some momentum - plus cheaper (not cheap) STs, I.e early bird tickets that aren’t some of the most expensive in the league, this gives you a chance of a big spike.

So, the buzz and positivity need to go together with enticing pricing. In 2014/15 we reduced pricing on the back of some decent signings and just finishing out the playoffs under Bowyer - we then sold our most we have in any season between 2012 and now. On the flip side, If we had reduced prices this summer and TM had just been given another year or some scrap heap manager has turned  up - no spike.

You need to be canny with it. We’ve had half a spike on the back of JDT alone - now in my opinion, if that was coupled with an entry point of say £300/£350 up to £400-ish instead of £429 up to £529 we would be north of 10k already with five weeks to push for more. 

We are never seeing big sales again outside the PL, but four figure sales? Of course we can do better than that

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

I reckon we could get to 13k+ despite the owners.

There are still 27k home fans out there as evidenced by the Oxford game in 2018.

Get the price right and folk will come. The 27k was a one off but shows that under certain circumstances, big crowds will happen. 

That’s my aim Mark as a minimum!💙🤍

• Like 1

We've gone way past thousands walking away because of lack of success i wish that would sink in.

Better way to put that is thousands haven't come back regularly due to continuing lack of Prem or regularly challenging.

Our real issue is and has been for the last 3 years now the hardcore who've been happy to turn up with mid table mediocrity falling away badly.  The ones for who home matches at Ewood were a given whatever was going on either through habit, just something to do or in most cases plain loyalty.

A combination of price combined with disillusion in most cases i'd wager.

That's the real issue we have not the glory hunters or casuals, we had them types in the 80's, all clubs around here do.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Burnley are a red herring, they are keeping hold of residual PL support as most relegated teams do for a while. So I’m not really paying much attention to them.

However, in what way are PNE ‘close to the highest they’ve been in years’? They just had their standard mid table second division finish, they’ve been generally where they are now give or take a spell in L1 for twenty years. They’ve sold significantly more because their tickets were reduced significantly, simple as that.

For us, a bit of excitement over appointments, plus cheaper (not cheap) STs, I.e tickets that aren’t some of the most expensive in the league at early bird gives you a chance of a big spike. We’ve had half a spike on the back of JDT alone - now in my opinion, if that was coupled with an entry point of say £300/£350 up to £400-ish instead of £429 up to £529 we would be north of 10k already with five weeks to push for more. 

We are never seeing big sales again outside the PL, but four figure sales? Of course we can do better than that

For me, there’s nothing wrong with the season ticket annual pricing for now. 

The early bird extension is great but there should be an incentive NOW for next year in terms of renewals, appreciation of the economic climate and an easy scheme to pay in instalments. FFS encourage, don’t discourage new potential season ticket holders but at the same time make fans renewing feel a bit special.

I really hope that we’re all as one again as Rovers, it’s what I’ve grown up with. All this back biting, knocking socks off one another, really fucks me off.

I know a few folk but as I’ve always said, I have no interest whatsoever in any kudos. I’m a private person and value that but I can quietly pull some positives together!

We Are The Rovers!! It’s always been my mantra and I firmly believe it, more importantly now, so do the board and our owners!

Please stop the point scoring and knocking points off one another, individuals mean fuck all! We should be as one!

Best, ‘Darren’ (and for total transparency, Nick)

COYB!!!

Edited by darrenrover

Point scoring? With who? I’m giving my view. It’s a forum.

Nowt wrong with pricing? Second most expensive early bird in the league says wrong, £530 a ticket in the JWU says wrong, c7k sales when the club went into panic mode and they had to extend early bird for a second time says wrong.

It is what it is at this stage, but to say it isn’t expensive in a town like this is a ridiculous statement when we are £100s pounds more than our local peers and thousands of sales down despite a universally positively heralded managerial appointment and buzz around the fanbase.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Point scoring? With who? I’m giving my view. It’s a forum.

Nowt wrong with pricing? Second most expensive early bird in the league says wrong, £530 a ticket in the JWU says wrong, c7k sales when they had to extend early bird for a second time says wrong.

It is what it is at this stage, but to say it isn’t expensive in a town like this is a ridiculous statement when we are £100s pounds more than our local peers and thousands of sales down despite a universally positively heralded managerial appointment and buzz around the fanbase.

Matty, why do you focus on JWU pricing and not Riverside Outer Wings or Similar in the BBE?

You know full well why, it you’re comparing JWU, premium seats, what’s the equivalent at Deepdale, Turf Moor, Bloomfield Road, Reebok or JD Stadium (Wigan) ?

8 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

Matty, why do you focus on JWU pricing and not Riverside Outer Wings or Similar in the BBE?

You know full well why, it you’re comparing JWU, premium seats, what’s the equivalent at Deepdale, Turf Moor, Bloomfield Road, Reebok or JD Stadium (Wigan) ?

Ok £399 to £429 in BBEnd and Riverside early bird. £280 at PNE, £219 for standard stands at Bolton.

Edited by Mattyblue

5 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

I’m presuming you read my post fully then? (Clearly didn’t)

Yes, I’ve just replied to that. 

Seats even at ‘entry price’’ at Ewood is £100+ more expensive, nearly £200 more than Bolton.

Edited by Mattyblue

3 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Yes, I’ve just replied to that. 

Seats even in in ‘normal stands’ at Ewood is £100+ more expensive, nearly £299 than Bolton.

Bolton… you mean those lads in a lower league, sold all their infrastructure (IE lower running costs) under previous ownership, less competitive wages for top players in the division… no debt?

Wonder why their turnover might not be as important.

• Like 1

A ticketing policy in line and competing with other local Clubs maybe?....where have you been these last few months darrenrover!

"I really don’t know what folk want or realistically expect within reason"?

You leave me thinking you are on a wind up at times,honest!

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, JBiz said:

Bolton… you mean those lads in a lower league, sold all their infrastructure (IE lower running costs) under previous ownership, less competitive wages for top players in the division… no debt?

Wonder why their turnover might not be as important.

I specifically said ours don’t need to be that cheap up the page. 

Edited by Mattyblue

3 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

I specifically said ours don’t need to be that cheap up the page.

Biz gonna Biz.

Ah come one, concentrate on the content as opposed to the profile name.

Do you understand the different pressures where turnover is concerned?

I actually agree that prices being cheaper would obviously be better, in a world where everything seems to be skyrocketing.

Im just not convinced that the experts, the accountants agree that this is the best way to increase turnover.

Someone suggested we’d sell double at £250 the other day.

Pie in the sky nonsense imo,

4 minutes ago, JBiz said:

Ah come one, concentrate on the content as opposed to the profile name.

Do you understand the different pressures where turnover is concerned?

I actually agree that prices being cheaper would obviously be better, in a world where everything seems to be skyrocketing.

Im just not convinced that the experts, the accountants agree that this is the best way to increase turnover.

Someone suggested we’d sell double at £250 the other day.

Pie in the sky nonsense imo,

Yes Biz, I understand turnover.

A middle ground is all I’m after, I.e not giving them away, but not an entry price of £400/£430 up to £500 to £530 that is at the very top end of Championship pricing either.

Edited by Mattyblue