BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season tickets 2022/23

11 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

I have today emailed Mr Waggott, for a meeting as a concerned season ticket holder, I will keep people updated if he accepts the request.

That's good to hear Glen.

Have you had dialogue with SW in the past?

Are you gonna air concerns and possible remedies?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Displaced Rover said:

I've been toying with returning as a season ticket holder for the first time since 2012 (when I moved down south, not just because of the bald git). 

Doing the maths though, I just don't see how it makes any sense. Presumably, there will be a lot of midweek games (moreso than usual) due to the World Cup. Work and distance make that a difficult one. There's essentially no difference between me having a season ticket and going to 15/16 games versus just buying match tickets for said games. So whilst I will be there on Saturdays bumping up the attendance I'm not going to bother paying upfront. Now if the club wanted to be clever, I'm sure they could increase their upfront/guaranteed cash flow by thinking outside the box and offering a weekend only ticket or a 16 game ticket etc. 

I’ve thought for a while that the concept of season tickets at a club where there will always be seats available is past its sell-by date.
Pre-Sky, night matches were an exciting rarity, usually FA Cup replays, League cup ties and the odd rearranged league game. The number of scheduled midweek games now plus Sky-enforced rearrangements effectively makes ST’s redundant as a cost-saving for anyone who lives a distance away, works shifts or has a full and enriching social life.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

I’ve thought for a while that the concept of season tickets at a club where there will always be seats available is past its sell-by date.
Pre-Sky, night matches were an exciting rarity, usually FA Cup replays, League cup ties and the odd rearranged league game. The number of scheduled midweek games now plus Sky-enforced rearrangements effectively makes ST’s redundant as a cost-saving for anyone who lives a distance away, works shifts or has a full and enriching social life.

It's an interesting thought.

Would people prefer say a £30 a month DD scheme all year round for a seat instead of forking out £400 in one go in the summer?

Think it's similar to what Hull offer.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, damo100 said:

That's good to hear Glen.

Have you had dialogue with SW in the past?

Are you gonna air concerns and possible remedies?

Never spoken to him, but the lack of transparency I feel I need to now, especially reading post that he is peoples friend, which totally compromises progress.

We have potentially an exciting new DOF and Manager, yet disconnection and discontent remains in some quarters.

Given my expereience in putting others needs before my own in dialogue with the club and authorities,  i think i need to try and get clarity and get rid of the elephant in the room, which continues to scratch at the scars of many.

Edited by glen9mullan

7 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

Never spoken to him, but the lack of transparency I feel I need to now, especially reading post that he is peoples friend, which totally compromises progress.

We have potentially an exciting new DOF and Manager, yet disconnection and discontent remains in some quarters.

Given my expereience in putting others needs before my own in dialogue with the club and authorities,  i think i need to try and get clarity and get rid of the elephant in the room, which continues scratch at the scars of 

Wholeheartedly agree, keep us in the loop in the unlikely event he responds or let's you know he'll 'look into it'

Edited by damo100
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, damo100 said:

Wholeheartedly agree, keep us in the loop in the unlikely event he responds or let's you know he'll 'look into it'

He will agree to meet Glen M. I am sure. As a 'friend' of his, he is approachable but he will not be too open if he thinks you will broadcast anything confidential or compromising he tells you.

He has a well paid but conflicted decision-making role. How has this now changed with a Head Coach and DoF, would be my question.

• Moderation Lead

I renewed my season ticket, it was always going to happen for me, though I note that I pay it via direct debit and it’s over 8 months this time, so £57 per month vs £46 a month last year, when it was over 10 months. 🤷‍♂️.

Season Ticket Estimate

Latest: 7,426 (+221)

Previous Updates
Sunday 19th June 2022: 7,205 (+15)
Saturday 18th June 2022: 7,190 (+108)

Friday 17th June 2022: 7,082 (+8)
Thursday 16th June 2022: 7,074 (+39)
Wednesday 15th June 2022: 7,035 (first count)

Notes & Disclaimers

• This is an estimate based on visibility of true seat availability in the ticketing seat map.
  • (+xx) represents the number of season tickets sold since the previous estimate (usually 24 hours).
  • 159 unavailable seats in W01 are not saleable and therefore excluded from the estimate.
  • A seat is marked as unavailable for up to 28 minutes when added to the basket. It is not possible to exclude these from the estimate.
  • ~2,256 unavailable seats are reserved for last season's non-renewers until 30th June. These are excluded from the estimate until visibility of true seat availability returns.
Edited by goozburger
Mistakenly entered 17 instead of 173 for number of available seats in block W11W.
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, goozburger said:

Season Ticket Estimate

Latest: 7,582 (+377)

Previous Updates
Sunday 19th June 2022: 7,205 (+15)
Saturday 18th June 2022: 7,190 (+108)

Friday 17th June 2022: 7,082 (+8)
Thursday 16th June 2022: 7,074 (+39)
Wednesday 15th June 2022: 7,035 (first count)

Notes & Disclaimers

• This is an estimate based on visibility of true seat availability in the ticketing seat map.
  • (+xx) represents the number of season tickets sold since the previous estimate (usually 24 hours).
  • 159 unavailable seats in W01 are not saleable and therefore excluded from the estimate.
  • A seat is marked as unavailable for up to 28 minutes when added to the basket. It is not possible to exclude these from the estimate.
  • ~2,256 unavailable seats are reserved for last season's non-renewers until 30th June. These are excluded from the estimate until visibility of true seat availability returns.

If they break 10,000 I’m gonna email Waggott apologising and tell him he was right, I was wrong. Fair play. 

41 minutes ago, J*B said:

If they break 10,000 I’m gonna email Waggott apologising and tell him he was right, I was wrong. Fair play. 

No, you, most of us were right, Waggot messed up and did the usual 'u-turn'

Let's hope he doesn't mess up the matchday prices (we all know he will)

Edited by damo100
  • Like 1

Still a long way from 10k, only possible if a high percentage of the 2.2k existing season ticket holders who hadn’t renewed by last weekend now do so. 

Is, say 9k an achievement for a club that wasn’t far off 20k when this lot bought the club? Or even had near 11k under Bowyer? Of course not, however it is bloody preferable to the appalling 6,995 we crawled to last summer and it would get us over the 8.5k we finished the season with, so it’s something to build on.

It’s frustrating as we have seen an absolutely horrendous looking seating plan last Monday have a sustained spike since JDT’s appointment, plus the club now postponing the £30 surcharge for a second time can only help, but that spike will still probably see us only with four figures sales, and considerably under other local clubs, just imagine what this positive vibe could’ve seen us sell with attractive pricing!

But what it does show is how vital it was the club changed direction, another year of Mowbray or some manager from the managerial scrap heap would without doubt seen a sub 7k total. The next step is in future summers to ensure any momentum around the club (and therefore fan excitement) and enticing pricing go together and just watch sales fly! (alas we would also need a new direction in the CEO chair for that to be a possibility).

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

This club could and should be getting 13,000+

Bolton and Preston have proven that and I am grateful to them. It destroys certain myths spread around the Rovers support base.

Falling just short of that - maybe back to 11,000 or so - might be acceptable but to be 6,000 short of that is unacceptable.

• Like 7

24 minutes ago, JHRover said:

This club could and should be getting 13,000+

Bolton and Preston have proven that and I am grateful to them. It destroys certain myths spread around the Rovers support base.

Falling just short of that - maybe back to 11,000 or so - might be acceptable but to be 6,000 short of that is unacceptable.

Wont happen until after we have veen through admin and got rid of the owners.

Waggott loving the fans vs fans division and all falling overselves to email him, meet him, form a cosy relationship with him.

Venkys out.

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Still a long way from 10k, only possible if a high percentage of the 2.2k existing season ticket holders who hadn’t renewed by last weekend now do so. 

Is, say 9k an achievement for a club that wasn’t far off 20k when this lot bought the club? Or even had near 11k under Bowyer? Of course not, however it is bloody preferable to the appalling 6,995 we crawled to last summer and it would get us over the 8.5k we finished the season with, so it’s something to build on.

It’s frustrating as we have seen an absolutely horrendous looking seating plan last Monday have a sustained spike since JDT’s appointment, plus the club now postponing the £30 surcharge for a second time can only help, but that spike will still probably see us only with four figures sales, and considerably under other local clubs, just imagine what this positive vibe could’ve seen us sell with attractive pricing!

But what it does show is how vital it was the club changed direction, another year of Mowbray or some manager from the managerial scrap heap would without doubt seen a sub 7k total. The next step is in future summers to ensure any momentum around the club (and therefore fan excitement) and enticing pricing go together and just watch sales fly! (alas we would also need a new direction in the CEO chair for that to be a possibility).

Fans Forum should be hammering this. Are they?

10 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Wont happen until after we have veen through admin and got rid of the owners.

Waggott loving the fans vs fans division and all falling overselves to email him, meet him, form a cosy relationship with him.

Venkys out.

If I were you I would never mention he ADMIN word again, it will never happen not even under these owners!

Maybe they should have come up with something to fill the BBE lower virtually with ST holders.  

Create that wall of noise - as it was at times last season - massively helps the players.  Then they could concentrate on other areas with match by match stuff.

• Like 1

After half ST sales we weren’t actually far from that in the second half of last season.

I suppose it depends on how many of those who bought them in the BEnd have renewed, many of them were young lads that are obviously key to atmosphere.

Edited by Mattyblue

13 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Maybe they should have come up with something to fill the BBE lower virtually with ST holders.  

Create that wall of noise - as it was at times last season - massively helps the players.  Then they could concentrate on other areas with match by match stuff.

I'm not sure it did help to be honest, after we had sold the half season tickets and the Blackburn End was virtually full, we only won 3 more games!

27 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Got a meeting in a few weeks and it will be brought up, I imagine!

Good but we really need a deputation now or a letter to the owners etc. Good opportunity for the Club to benefit from 2 good appointments