BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season tickets 2022/23

3 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

It was something they introduced to both ST holders and non ST holders back when we were in league one.

As a ST holder it was meant to give you extra priority to away games and a load of other stuff. 

As a non ST holder you got a few quid off match day tickets etc and put you above standard non ST holders in the que for away tickets. (Not that it was ever needed apart from Fleetwood).

I had it for a couple of seasons and realised it was a con as a ST holder.

There should be something similar in place for non ST holders though to get them money off match day tickets etc.

As a non season ticket holder I found the 1875 good value with reduction on full match day prices and being slightly further up the food chain for away games than general open sale.

What really sticks in my craw is somebody down there only needed to read this thread (or speak to fans) to get lots of ideas and initiatives they could have considered. Things like an 18 (or whatever) game ticket for shift workers and schoolchildren with an option to buy individual tickets for the extra games by giving the club notice of their intent. And priced accordingly. Similarly giving the club notice of non attendance and their seat could be sold. That amongst many other suggestions would have increased revenue in my view but more importantly the club had nothing to lose. But instead we got a 'price freeze' offer which stunk of laziness. In fact since then they have pushed the deadline date back twice and introduced the new family ticket which appears to have gone down like a lead balloon.

No imagination and no foresight in such an important income stream.

I'm now becoming fearful  of Waggots matchday pricing policies. 

Last season he got it massively wrong: B=£25 A=£32 A+=£36 BBE etc...More in JW Upper...

This season we have 4 Lancashire Derby's aswell as Sunderland, Boro etc who'll fetch large numbers!

I can see him making the same mistakes again.

For me he should scratch the different Cat games and charge the same £25 for each and £20 midweek.

100% he won't do this and we'll be left  suffering again.

Come on Steve, please don't mess up the most positive period since the league one promotion, this could really help to repair our ever dwindling fanbase. 

Edited by damo100
  • Like 2

6,995 full STs as per FF minutes, not 7,300.

So selling a mighty 7,082 thus far is therefore a success in Waggott’s cynical mind (ignoring the fact we had 8,500 ST holders at the end of the season).

Edited by Mattyblue

1 minute ago, damo100 said:

I'm now becoming fearful if Waggots matchday pricing policies. 

Last season he got it massively wrong: B=£25 A=£32 A×=£36

This season we have 4 Lancashire Derby's aswell as Sunderland, Boro.

I can see him making the same mistakes again.

For me he should scratch the different Cat games and charge the same £25 for each and £20 midweek.

100% he won't do this and we'll be left  suffering again.

Come on Steve, please don't mess up the most positive period since the league one promotion. 

to be fair to swag,he did scrap the daft cat a prices last season,i do agree that there should be a fixed £20 quid across the ground matchday price,we`ve got to get the fans back,short term loss for long term gain,though i doubt swag realises his target market

9 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

6,995 full STs as per FF minutes, not 7,300.

6,995 on 18th September's FF minutes, wasn't it? The LT actually stated 7,500, and you mentioned to me that the final figure was 7,300. Where did that 7.300 come from? I'd assume some later FF minutes.

It's not a huge deal, I guess, because I don't think my estimate is that far off the mark, but it'd be nice to offset my estimate on Friday with the figure Waggott was referring to. Was it 6,995? 7,300? 7,500?

16 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

It was 6,995, the 7,300 was quoted by Waggott in November’s FF meeting and he was including the half STs that had been sold to date.

So yes 6,995 full, 8,500 including half STs

Great. Thanks for your help with this. Hidden my previous post to save confusion because it's no longer relevant.

40 minutes ago, goozburger said:

6,995 on 18th September's FF minutes, wasn't it? The LT actually stated 7,500, and you mentioned to me that the final figure was 7,300. Where did that 7.300 come from? I'd assume some later FF minutes.

It's not a huge deal, I guess, because I don't think my estimate is that far off the mark, but it'd be nice to offset my estimate on Friday with the figure Waggott was referring to. Was it 6,995? 7,300? 7,500?

So I take it when looking on the ST sales map we know if any blues turn to grey that's a new season ticket holder? Either new or being asked to move now the extension has kicked in and Current ST holders have claimed their seats back?

Edited by damo100

2 minutes ago, damo100 said:

So I take it when looking on the ST sales map we know if any blues turn to grey that's a new season ticket holder? Either new or being asked to move now the extension has kicked in and Current ST holders have claimed their seats back?

Think you’re right… had to read it a couple of times though!

👏  Swag, takes some doing to make such a convoluted mess.

5 minutes ago, damo100 said:

Most likely, yes, but it could also be someone renewing their season ticket during the loyalty scheme, but moving to a different seat. I don't think that'll be a common occurrence.

These complications will disappear after the loyalty scheme ends in a couple of weeks, after which there should be a boost in my figures when I've included those renewers.

Trying to keep it all simple but as accurate as possible with all of these factors. It's not a straightforward case of "all unavailable seats is the amount of season tickets sold", but from what we know so far, I don't think the estimate is far off (and will be slightly under, if anything). We'll know how good or bad the estimate is when we get some real figures in a month or three.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

The fact I really enjoy this tallying investigation shows how sad I really am. (But glad it’s not just me 😁).

I’ve become obsessed with it too. I absolutely cannot wait to see how it compares to the final figures. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, goozburger said:

Most likely, yes, but it could also be someone renewing their season ticket during the loyalty scheme, but moving to a different seat. I don't think that'll be a common occurrence.

These complications will disappear after the loyalty scheme ends in a couple of weeks, after which there should be a boost in my figures when I've included those renewers.

Trying to keep it all simple but as accurate as possible with all of these factors. It's not a straightforward case of "all unavailable seats is the amount of season tickets sold", but from what we know so far, I don't think the estimate is far off (and will be slightly under, if anything). We'll know how good or bad the estimate is when we get some real figures in a month or three.

You might get a few season ticket holders moving from the Riverside to other parts, as the Riverside is no longer cheaper than anywhere else.

7 hours ago, goozburger said:

As reminder, we were only approaching 6,000 season ticket sales before last season's opener against Swansea City. I find it hard to believe that we ultimately sold an additional 1,500 full season tickets by the end of that sale period, but thought I'd pop that here as a reminder when considering the latest figures and Waggott's recent comment about surpassing last season's total of full season ticket sales.

So less than half of every other club around us.

Total failure. 

• Backroom

For anyone else it effects, if ‘your’ seat has now gone they will be offering an alternative rather than kicking out the new tenants. They’ve added a caveat to the original article (presumably because they didn’t account for that scenario)

“*If your current seat is now unavailable, please contact the Ticket Office who will offer you an alternative seat at the loyalty price.”

7 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Imagine printing only 8500 flyers, one each for the 8500 current ST holders.

A bit like a special price but only for the 8500 special ones.

"What about flyers for previous ST holders ?"

Those famous words....

"SW undertook to look into this"

Priceless Incompetance.

The point Steve was making there was that he would not be able to mail many previous ST orders because the club don’t have permission to contact them due to the GDPR rules.

2 hours ago, only2garners said:

The point Steve was making there was that he would not be able to mail many previous ST orders because the club don’t have permission to contact them due to the GDPR rules.

It wasnt even a renewal pack, before he came, we were doing roadshows, imaginative marketing campaigns/videos, everything now seems on the cheap or not done at all

• Like 1

Season Ticket Estimate

Latest*: 7,205 (+15)

*Excludes season ticket renewals between 17th-30th June.

Previous Updates
Saturday 18th June 2022: 7,190 (+108)
Friday 17th June 2022: 7,082 (+8)
Thursday 16th June 2022: 7,074 (+39)
Wednesday 15th June 2022: 7,035 (first count)

Notes

• The count is an estimate based on the number of unavailable seats in all saleable blocks in the ticket seat map.
  • The (+xx) figure represents the number of tickets sold since yesterday based on the two estimates. Until 1st July, consider this figure as brand new season tickets holders (see point 5).
  • When a seat is added to the basket, it is marked as unavailable for up to 28 minutes. A small number of these will inevitably be included in the count, even if the purchase isn't completed. This behaviour will likely be consistent on a daily basis during the count, and whilst unavoidable, it shouldn't affect the gist of the estimates.
  • There are 159 non-saleable seats in W01, and 543 front row seats which are presumed reserved for wheelchair users and carers, of which it is not possible to determine how many have been sold as season tickets. A total of 702 is therefore deducted from the amount of unavailable seats.
  • It is assumed that 2,256 of all unavailable seats are currently reserved for last season's ticket holders who haven't yet renewed. It is not possible to view how many of these 2,256 have renewed because all of them will remain as "unavailable" until 30th June whether they have been renewed or not. 2,256 will therefore be deducted from the running figures until the loyalty scheme ends on 30th June, after which all seats should have an accurate status. This will likely boost the figures in the first available count after the loyalty scheme ends.
  • Finally, remember that this is just an estimate. I will stand to be corrected when official sales figures are released.
  • Like 4