BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season tickets 2022/23

4 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

I’d love some money back, but we only sold 8k last season at an average of £300?? We’ll potentially do 10k or more at £400 with the renewed positivity….would you reduce them and hand money back or turn up the positivity and hope we trickle up to 11k??

The Family days with guest appearances from GB and gorgeous Jon are a great idea though! 

Last year was also £400 - £500.

We won’t sell close to 10k, we’ve just scraped 7k and the season kicks off in six weeks and the price has just been hiked again.

Edited by Mattyblue

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Love the enthusiasm Paul, but you are just not getting big numbers through the door at this price point for second second division football whatever bells and whistles are provided.

Now reduce the price to go lockstep with a side at the top end of the table and you will see a healthy increase. A winning team is the momentum builder for STs, reduced pricing seals the deal.

* Though this is all a moot discussion anyway as this club just doesn’t have the commercial wherewithal.

Hmmmm I reckon we could do it!

Though your last point runs truest of all. I’d honestly work for free if they’d listen! 😩🤣

8 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Last year was also £400 - £500.

We won’t sell close to 10k.

We did 8k whilst still in Covid-ish and the most dour, drab vibe ever with most fans expecting a relegation fight….of course we can do 10k this season!! 💪🏽

10 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Me too, we could get a crack team together from ‘negative brfcs’ that could do more for ‘positive’ sales than any of the clowns they appoint down there…

Negativity on BRFC’s????? Those days are long gone!!! 😊

42 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

To make the necessary changes it requires brain power and effort. The people running the club have neither.

And the people you have referred to have just put in place a superb new team with vision backed by a better backroom team!

• Like 1

£400? Long gone if you want a decent seat in the JW, try £500.

They will just announce something daft like they did with the £850 (!) ticket. A tenner voucher for the tat filled club shop, probably.

Edited by Mattyblue

3 minutes ago, goozburger said:

The cost of living is hitting us all hard. Prices are going up everywhere and will continue to do so. It'll make people think twice about buying a season ticket at £400, especially when that's probably the extra amount needed to cover rising costs of oil, petrol, services like Netflix, and so on. It all adds up and eats into precious monthly income.

The club needs to rescue the situation. Rovers will have had their JDT boost, but I'll be amazed if we sell an average of 39 a day and get close to 10,000 unless something changes. Sharpe suggested something might be afoot with a rethink the other day. I guess we'll see.

Fingers crossed. We want as many people in the ground as possible…but re-funding is a huge gamble at this stage. Give 8000 people £100 back and only sell an extra 1000 st’s at £300 and you’ve absolutely fucked it! 🙈😩

4 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Fingers crossed. We want as many people in the ground as possible…but re-funding is a huge gamble at this stage. Give 8000 people £100 back and only sell an extra 1000 st’s at £300 and you’ve absolutely fucked it! 🙈😩

Most of the posts about refunds (I think many from people who have already bought them) is a discount for next season rather than some actual cash back now. Another suggestion is a voucher for the shop, free shirt or leisure wear. I do accept that anything radical now would be a gamble but it's one the club have to take. Whichever way the club can't continue to bury it's head in the sand and needs to do something sooner rather than later. It would be great if somebody at the club did something along these lines and said sorry we got this wrong. That, from a PR point of view would go down really well in my view.

• Like 3

I'd be embarrassed and alarmed by the fact that Burnley, Preston and Bolton have all sold almost double numbers to us.

Dress it up however you like but that fact is the most alarming, embarrassing and clear evidence our pricing and policy has failed.

You'll get those pointing to the fact that Burnley are just coming down from the PL which inevitably will inflate their numbers but there's simply no excuse when it comes to PNE and Bolton. None. 

Neither of those Clubs has the benefit of kind, generous, billionaire owners restrained only by FFP either.

I can see us limping to about 8500 season tickets. This will be dressed up as a success based on it being a slight increase on last year, Waggott will pat himself on the back and on it goes. Our crowds hover around the 10,000 mark whilst the rivals get 15,000+.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I'd be embarrassed and alarmed by the fact that Burnley, Preston and Bolton have all sold almost double numbers to us.

Dress it up however you like but that fact is the most alarming, embarrassing and clear evidence our pricing and policy has failed.

You'll get those pointing to the fact that Burnley are just coming down from the PL which inevitably will inflate their numbers but there's simply no excuse when it comes to PNE and Bolton. None. 

Neither of those Clubs has the benefit of kind, generous, billionaire owners restrained only by FFP either.

I can see us limping to about 8500 season tickets. This will be dressed up as a success based on it being a slight increase on last year, Waggott will pat himself on the back and on it goes. Our crowds hover around the 10,000 mark whilst the rivals get 15,000+.

Pne will breach 15 k only when the play Rovers bumley and Blackpool 

I also think there is zero chance of a price cut or refund / money off scheme for next season.

I think Waggott would need to get approval from India for such a scheme which would involve him admitting he's made a mess of things

Better to keep quiet. Maybe offer another cash prize if we hit a particular milestone.

• Like 2

Just now, 1864roverite said:

They've sold 13,000 season tickets. So I'd expect maybe the southern clubs with a few hundred away fans would still put them close to 15,000

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Will they buggery only hit it for three games, with 12k+ STs, walk ons and aways they’ll hit 15k+ every week.

With 22k sell outs for big games presuming they are still giving away fans the full end.

Edited by Mattyblue

I'm a bit unusual in all this because, although there are some friends are convinced I must have blue & white blood, I haven't had a season ticket since before the pandemic.

Back in those days, I lived over Rochdale way and because I haven't driven a car since I took early retirement 15 years ago, every home game necessitated me leaving home at 11.15 to be sure of getting by bus to Ewood before the kick-off and I didn't usually get home till 7.15. I'm not saying I moved back to Blackburn simply to reduce my travelling time to Ewood but it was certainly a fortunate spin-off from that decision!

And I'm in the position of being able to - or choosing to - afford a season ticket. And this week's appointments at Ewood have certainly put more of a spring in my step than has been there for at least the last three seasons. To me, it felt like a new day had dawned at Ewood.

You (I!) would have thought that such a step change would have been marked by the Board jumping on the Jon Dahl Tomasson bandwagon and pushing hard to reconnect with fans who've been alienated as much by the dourness of the public face of the old regime as anything else. But no; same old Rovers.

I [u]will[/u] be getting a season ticket, but I'm holding fire to see if the Board is shamed by Sharpe's article in the Telegraph quoted earlier in this thread into being proactive for once in their lives. And, to mix my metaphors, while I'm holding fire on buying a season ticket, I'm not holding my breath for the Board making the most of JDT's appointment.

Sales of season tickets is just basic 'supply and demand' economics.

Unlike say Luton, the supply is effectively infinite. We'll never, ever in a million years shift 31,000 season tickets at Ewood.

The demand is also evidently not there.

Therefore, to increase demand, either the perceived value of the 'product' needs to increase, or the price needs to drop.

Waggot either needs to add more value to the product - a free shirt for example - or reduce the price.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

10k? We haven’t sold that many for a good few years now.

Got my maths slightly incorrect. I meant close to 9,000, not 10,0000. We've sold 7,064 as of last night. The previous night's count was 7,025. If we assume an average of 39 season tickets sold per day, that would equate to another 1,716 sold before the season starts, i.e., a total of  8,780.

Of course, it might not work out like that. Could be more. Could be less. Pay day at the end of June and July might make a big difference. Or they might not. Weekends might see barely any sold. And so on.

Well... I'll keep doing this, as it only takes a few minutes to do after a bit more refactoring last night. We'll see how far off the mark it is when the official figures come out, and maybe learn any fine tuning needed for next summer.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, goozburger said:

The cost of living is hitting us all hard. Prices are going up everywhere and will continue to do so. It'll make people think twice about buying a season ticket at £400, especially when that's probably the extra amount needed to cover rising costs of oil, petrol, services like Netflix, and so on. It all adds up and eats into precious monthly income.

The club needs to rescue the situation. Rovers will have had their JDT boost, but I'll be amazed if we sell an average of 39 a day and get close to 9,000 unless something changes. Sharpe suggested something might be afoot with a rethink the other day. I guess we'll see.

You'd be livid if you've forked out full price and the club turn round and slash prices in the wake of JDT's announcement.