BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season tickets 2022/23

3 hours ago, Wheelton Blue said:

It's not so much the highest prices which are the issue.

Rather, it's the cheaper tickets (think BBE) whiere we are higher than the vast majority. This is where the bulk of tickets would be sold.

We're the 4th most expensive, it would appear.

You have hit the nail on the head, Some people have said it is not due to price that they haven't renewed but for some people it is.   Bolton in their early bird had 3000 seats available at £219/£229  in their North stand lower and those seats are still only £299 now. They also dropped their prices around the board by 25% this season. specifically because of the cost of living crisis. We have no option of a cheap season ticket at all. This hasn't always been the case, I remember being able to get a season ticket around 2015 for £249 and only 3 years ago it was £319 for the cheapest season ticket. You should always give people the option of a low season ticket price even if it is in what is considered the worst view/stand.

btw Hartlepool's cheapest season ticket is £380 for division  4 football !

• Like 7

I'm paying £224 for my Sale Sharks season ticket plus £50 for my Clitheroe season ticket.  That's £274 for far more games than a Rovers season ticket would give me.  Is it any wonder lots of people are getting more choosy about how they spend their cash and only attending matches at Ewood as and when they choose?

• Like 4

I'm not prepared to pay over £700 for me and my 22 year old in the JW upper outer. Ridiculous money. Odd games we will go to. Need to see how the new man does, what players, Maggot still has a lot of questions to answer after 11-years plus of carnage. New manager great excuse to reduce prices, get bums on seats, 12-15,000 ST sales. His short sightedness is staggering, but no doubt done to impress the idiots.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Wheelton Blue said:

The club don't talk to their customers, so how can they have any real insight?

I can't recall them ever contacting me for my opinion on something.

Simple things, like doing a customer survey say, they just seemingly can't be bothered with.

The club could have done a customer survey on the club website and to supporter's emails asking questions on prices on ST, what owt can be improve like food quality, etc. 

I hope the club drop their ST prices to improve sales and got fans back into the stadium for match days. We have a good head coach appointment. The club should be building on that. Anyone who has paid for their club season ticket then either refund the price difference or send a voucher to be spend in the club shop or facilities. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

The club could have done a customer survey on the club website and to supporter's emails asking questions on prices on ST, what owt can be improve like food quality, etc. 

I hope the club drop their ST prices to improve sales and got fans back into the stadium for match days. We have a good head coach appointment. The club should be building on that. Anyone who has paid for their club season ticket then either refund the price difference or send a voucher to be spend in the club shop or facilities. 

The refund should be money, I and I presume many others have no interest in anything from the club shop.

But yes, they have truly messed up and should never have released the tickets at such high prices, the least they could do is reduce them.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I hope the club drop their ST prices to improve sales and got fans back into the stadium for match days. We have a good head coach appointment. The club should be building on that. Anyone who has paid for their club season ticket then either refund the price difference or send a voucher to be spend in the club shop or facilities

When I renewed in the shop he told me I was entitled to a £15 voucher. That's ok and I might use it but its just a pull by the club to get pepole to spend. Cash paid out by ST holders should be the same depending on the area therefore if they do decide to reduce the cost a cash refund is the correct way to do it IMO.

But lets be honest, this is a cockup. Would have made sense for SW to ask Joe Public for a pricing opinion instead of going off his own head. How much is he on??

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cherry Blue said:

When I renewed in the shop he told me I was entitled to a £15 voucher. That's ok and I might use it but its just a pull by the club to get pepole to spend. Cash paid out by ST holders should be the same depending on the area therefore if they do decide to reduce the cost a cash refund is the correct way to do it IMO.

But lets be honest, this is a cockup. Would have made sense for SW to ask Joe Public for a pricing opinion instead of going off his own head. How much is he on??

£300,000? I'll take the job tomorrow for £100,000 less. Just put it out there, I can put my feet up on the desk, five days a week. Bargain.

• Like 1

I just cannot comprehend that nobody at this club could come up with a figure that would equate to a desired grand total. Surely anybody with a brain could work out that selling 6000 at £500 isn't better than selling 12,000 at £250 with all the extras more feet through the gate spend. It's surely better for people like Waggott to say we sold more season tickets than last year Ma'am! Priced right your cannot tell me this club couldn't get north of 12,000 season tickets sold.

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, Proudtobeblue&white said:

£300,000? I'll take the job tomorrow for £100,000 less. Just put it out there, I can put my feet up on the desk, five days a week. Bargain.

300k a year for some of the most short sighted,out of touch decision making I have ever seen at Ewood

Its a rum do if you can get it!

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

The refund should be money, I and I presume many others have no interest in anything from the club shop.

But yes, they have truly messed up and should never have released the tickets at such high prices, the least they could do is reduce them.

The prices were the same as last season so they weren't no increase. But can everyone afford it at the minute with everything going on. Each supporter situation will be very different. Maybe they should have gone 299 pounds until the end of June maybe even July. 

on the refund, I would be more than happy with a voucher for the club shop as I spend over that in the club shop each season. each supporter will have their view what's suits them

23 minutes ago, Cherry Blue said:

When I renewed in the shop he told me I was entitled to a £15 voucher. That's ok and I might use it but its just a pull by the club to get people to spend. Cash paid out by ST holders should be the same depending on the area therefore if they do decide to reduce the cost a cash refund is the correct way to do it IMO.

Yes everyone got 15 pounds for buying a season ticket. 

I don't mind a voucher for the club shop cos I will spend more than that in the club shop over the season. That's from my own view and everyone else will have their own opinion. 

I don't mind the price cos its what I thought it would be but not everyone can afford it or commit to so many games each season. So you got to find a balance. 

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

The prices were the same as last season so they weren't no increase. But can everyone afford it at the minute with everything going on. Each supporter situation will be very different. Maybe they should have gone 299 pounds until the end of June maybe even July. 

on the refund, I would be more than happy with a voucher for the club shop as I spend over that in the club shop each season. each supporter will have their view what's suits them

Yes everyone got 15 pounds for buying a season ticket. 

I don't mind a voucher for the club shop cos I will spend more than that in the club shop over the season. That's from my own view and everyone else will have their own opinion. 

I don't mind the price cos its what I thought it would be but not everyone can afford it or commit to so many games each season. So you got to find a balance. 

They are £30 more expensive for new and returning fans. Odd way to try and grow a ST holder base…

• Like 3

Hmmm not sure.
Did anybody do a definite dot ticking? Surely someone has! 😁

Though it’s not an exact science due to the JW Upper W09 and W10 central blocks not being available to buy online but there will be ‘season tickets’ of a sort in those.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

Found a technical way to count by deducting available seats from total seats in the webpage code.

E01: 1280 - 1006 = 274
E02: 1507 - 842 = 665
E03: 1506 - 1012 = 494
E04: 1131 - 998 = 133
Riverside Total: 1,566

W01: 529 - 295 = 234
W02: 737 - 416 = 321
W03: 198 - 27 = 171
W04: 198 - 19 = 179
W05: 737 - 268 = 469
W06: 529 - 393 = 136
W07: 1048 - 969 = 79
W08W: 694 - 460 = 234
W08C: 700 - 459 = 241
W11C: 702 - 338 = 364
W11W: 692 - 288 = 404
W12: 1048 - 822 = 226
Jack Walker Total: 3,058

N01: 1243 - 505 = 738
N02: 828 - 238 = 590
N03: 834 - 253 = 581
N04: 828 - 272 = 556
N05: 1241 - 595 = 646
Blackburn End Total: 3,111

That gives a total figure of 7,735 seats that are unavailable.

If we knock off around 500 due to front row seats that clearly aren't taken but are classed as unavailable, then we're looking at over 7,000 sold.

Edited by goozburger
  • Like 6

6 minutes ago, goozburger said:

Found a technical way to count by deducting available seats from total seats in the webpage code.

E01: 1280 - 1006 = 274
E02: 1507 - 842 = 665
E03: 1506 - 1012 = 494
E04: 1131 - 998 = 133
Riverside Total: 1,566

W01: 529 - 295 = 234
W02: 737 - 416 = 321
W03: 198 - 27 = 171
W04: 198 - 19 = 179
W05: 737 - 268 = 469
W06: 529 - 393 = 136
W07: 1048 - 969 = 79
W08W: 694 - 460 = 234
W08C: 700 - 459 = 241
W11C: 702 - 338 = 364
W11W: 692 - 288 = 404
W12: 1048 - 822 = 226
Jack Walker Total: 3,058

N01: 1243 - 505 = 738
N02: 828 - 238 = 590
N03: 834 - 253 = 581
N04: 828 - 272 = 556
N05: 1241 - 595 = 646
Blackburn End Total: 3,111

That gives a total figure of 7,735 seats that aren't unavailable.

If we knock off around 500 due to front row seats that clearly aren't taken but are classed as unavailable, then we're looking at over 7,000 sold.

I'll be surprised and almost impressed if that is the case as if so we should at least surpass last season's efforts with time left to run and some optimism around the new manager appointment. 

Still a little over half of what Dingles, PNE and Bolton have sold mind

It definitely seemed a little fuller on the seat map today compared to Monday. If we can scramble our way back to around the c7,500 we had at the start of last season (though including half STs, it would still be down on the total number of ST holders we finished the season with) then you’d have to take it.

Though such a missed opportunity, with all the positive vibes around JDT, with sensible pricing you’d have had a real momentum building and a resulting sizeable spike in sales, perhaps up to c10k, which would be something to build on.

Here’s hoping they’ve been spooked by the negative publicity, like the MCC was over Lord’s a few weeks back and we don’t see such pricing again.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1