BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season tickets 2022/23

• Moderation Lead
1 hour ago, DuffsLeftPeg said:

Renewed yesterday.

A lot of moaning and misery on here about pricing but I’m excited for the season ahead now a great management structure is in place at the club. If you want to go and watch Preston, Wigan or Bolton instead of Rovers my advice would be crack on!

I think we need to aim to do better than telling people they’re moaning and to watch other clubs. 
There’s this thing called ‘empathy’…

• Like 4

Unfortunately the oft quoted poster represents a fair chunk of the views of the remaining match going rump.

When we are looking across a vast expanse of empty seats next season, it won’t be ‘terrible pricing’, ‘Waggott doesn’t have a clue’, ‘they’ve decimated the fanbase’, but… ‘shit are Rovers fans’, ‘spoilt’, ‘no passion’ etc.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Hasta said:

He has no long term goal here. His sees his job to maximise revenue on a balance sheet for this season only with no planning for 2,3,5,10 years down the line.

Absolutely. This goes to the crux of the matter.

At the West Brom game last season it was pointed out to him that the very high price had resulted in a low take up of match tickers by home fans . His response was that they’d made a lot of money from the away fans.

(🤔 I wonder if he’d thought that a lower price might have encouraged more away fans as well as home.)

• Like 2

Feel for anyone struggling in this current climate, and Rovers are doing nothing to help with the season ticket prices. I renewed and was always going to (unless Paul Warne turned up). 

The club needs to address it before it gets embarrassing, 7 weeks to go until the season starts, and at the moment I can see on the map that people around me who've been going for years haven't renewed yet, young, old, middle aged, deciding there's better things to spend 429 quid on right now.

Drop the prices to 299, refund the difference. Absolutely no excuses.

Personally around £300(for the Riverside) I could stretch to and spread the cost over 12 months or more with an interest free card. Any more is just too much for me to justify though. 

It's obviously far more frustrating this year though, because i like most am very excited to see what JDT brings to the team and hopefully we have a good enjoyable season for a change! 

Well that post Wiggy is your definitive proof that those in situ in Exec positions at Ewood have absolutely no intention of growing the fanbase. But then why would they when they are judged on (and presumably remunerated) on short team profit and loss targets and will be long gone before any attractive pricing can have an impact.

And as that’s the modus operandi down there, also expect more ridiculous match days pricing when you consider some of the clubs coming to Ewood, Cat A+ Platinum anybody?

I reluctantly bought mine late on Saturday to beat the deadline. It's not that I don't want to go but at the time seemed a vote of confidence in the shambolic running of the club in terms of pricing, no manager and players leaving.

Now that we have a manager in I feel a bit better about the decision and would have really missed not going. I dipped out once before for a few years during the Steve Kean shambles and to be honest nearly didn't come back. The club should do so much more to retain their existing support base but unfortunately don't seem to care.

We were told the £100 increase in the Riverside pricing was to allow us to move around the ground during covid. I notice it never went back down so that was a load of bollox. £299 should be price like other clubs around us.

• Like 4

I've spoken to at least 3 people in the last couple of weeks who have said that had there been a season ticket priced along the lines of Preston and Bolton - less than £300 - that they would have bought one even though they are unable to go to all the games due to work / other commitments. Their logic being that they can afford to cough up £250 ish now, they won't lose any sleep over that amount and would be willing to do so even though they can't go to every game.

Now add £200 to that which is where we are now and those people, and probably many more, are unwilling or unable to make that sort of commitment when they are likely to miss a chunk of games anyway.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, DuffsLeftPeg said:

Renewed yesterday.

A lot of moaning and misery on here about pricing but I’m excited for the season ahead now a great management structure is in place at the club. If you want to go and watch Preston, Wigan or Bolton instead of Rovers my advice would be crack on!

What a poor and provocative post. Are you aware of what is going on in the world? Maybe remove the 'I'm alright Jack' attitude and see thing from others perspective, others perhaps not in your situation who are prioritising other, more important things.

Nobody is happy with this situation but your comments should be directed at the senior management at Ewood.

• Like 2

They'll just shrug their shoulders and say well if we start playing well more will come and paying more for POD boosts the income.

Now just look how hard it was last season to significantly increase attendance despite playing well for a while.  It still took a lot of messing with match day prices to up the turnouts on a lot of occasions.

1 hour ago, goozburger said:

I generally renew regardless, but the club isn't doing much to incentivise the disillusioned to return.

A football club is a business, but if the club took a financial hit on the income from a season ticket, and instead had thousands more bums on seats, I would've though that would pay off on its own, even if we weren't that successful on the pitch (kiosk sales, store sales, etc.).

The club needs to give some to get some. They may be thinking of an about-turn with the way things seems to be going, but it's difficult to see the club giving part-refunds to those who already bought or renewed.

It wouldn't even be much of a financial hit though would it? We're talking about £10-20 thousand at the absolute worst which would be most likely made back with increased revenue from other areas.

The most money to be made is from T.V. but we're never going to be on there if 2/3 of the ground is empty and the atmosphere is like a mausoleum. 

The people in charge really are totally void of any form of intelligence. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, tomphil said:

They'll just shrug their shoulders and say well if we start playing well more will come and paying more for POD boosts the income.

Now just look how hard it was last season to significantly increase attendance despite playing well for a while.  It still took a lot of messing with match day prices to up the turnouts on a lot of occasions.

Walk ons increased substantially December onwards, even for full priced games, however when you have so few ST holders to start with, overall crowds still look poor.

Rovers have always been a ST heavy support base and the fact it’s been decimated to this level, with c15,000 ST holders lost in 12 years is an almost existential crisis for the club of our size.

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, tomphil said:

And a huge opportunity missed there, as despite starting from a low base and doing the hard part of getting good home form and a side in the top 2 at Xmas we managed to get circa 5000 extra fans on Ewood on a consistent basis.

History at Rovers tells us that getting such a number of 'walk on' fans is hard work. Once you've got them at Ewood you'd better work your socks off to try and keep a portion of them.

Even if we'd just retained the 8000ish ST holders and maybe persuaded half of those walk ons to get a season ticket we'd be looking at reasonable sales of 10,000 season tickets. Not great and still below local rivals but moving in the right direction.

But the numbers we have at present suggest we've not only failed to capitalise on the numbers of last season but are now busy eroding the 7-8000 core.

• Like 4

Rovers should be poaching the staff from Accrington Stanley not Hull if they want to make the most of the local market. 

Like Waggot messing around in huge places like Coventry the things that might apply in cities the size of Hull don't work here.  You don't need degrees in marketing and strategy to realize that you just how to do your own local research.

And spend an hour walking/driving around the town.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

The club don't talk to their customers, so how can they have any real insight?

I can't recall them ever contacting me for my opinion on something.

Simple things, like doing a customer survey say, they just seemingly can't be bothered with.

I think that would be very unlikely.

Not only would it show maggott for who he really is but even if it got back to venkys i doubt it would make any difference.
Sometimes i cant help but wonder what do the chicken chokers actually want to get out of this.

46 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

It's not so much the highest prices which are the issue.

Rather, it's the cheaper tickets (think BBE) whiere we are higher than the vast majority. This is where the bulk of tickets would be sold.

We're the 4th most expensive, it would appear.

For some it’s not just the pricing, it’s the last 12yrs or so of grinding you down and seeing what your club has become

• Like 8

13 hours ago, pomster said:

I’ve been going down to ewood since i was a young lad, a long time, more than i care to remember.

But as stated already, i wont be renewing this season and neither are my friends, my son and grandson. We’ve decided to walk on selected games

Due to cost ? 

1 hour ago, Herbie6590 said:

Due to cost ? 

Cost isn’t the issue for me personally, think it’s more to do with being  disillusioned a bit, coupled with friends not renewing, so some of the camaraderie will be missing 

Edited by pomster