BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season tickets 2022/23

Surely even the biggest air-head in the world would use today as a great opportunity to sell some more STs?

Reduce the price substantially and double the number easily. Strike whilst the iron is hot[test].

• Like 1

If Rovers sort the ticket prices out they'll have me and my lad signed up. He's just turned 6 and getting into it. We went to a few games last season and I was ready to get us season tickets. But as a 'new' season ticket holder, it would cost us the best part of £500 in the family stand. Add in that we'd struggle with the midweek games due to his age and being around 50 miles away, it doesn't seem worth it. Such a shame, but we'll still attend a few games regardless. 

• Like 5

Any club that gave a damn would be knocking £100 off each adult season ticket from right now up until the opening game of the season, anyone who has already renewed to get there £100 back off next years ST at the same prices.

Market the hell out if and see where it takes us.

Instead they will still be spouting #oneofourown for the next 6 weeks at £430 a pop.

• Like 5

21 hours ago, Boz said:

As soon as Rovers get round to making any announcement of their stand out manager candidate, I shall then ring the ticket office and offer to pay them by £399 to renew my season ticket for 2022/23.

Entirely up to them if they wish to accept this or not, however I will not be renewing at the price of £429.

Renewed this morning. Lovely lady in the ticket office offered me the pre Saturday deadline date renewal price, £400 including £1 postage for new card.

COYB

• Like 7

• Backroom

Got to be honest - had this appointment been made Friday I’d likely have approved 

As it is though the deadline passed and my old seats have gone 

Win some, lose some 

24 minutes ago, Boz said:

Renewed this morning. Lovely lady in the ticket office offered me the pre Saturday deadline date renewal price, £400 including £1 postage for new card.

COYB

Good to hear that. 

Rovers miss a massive trick by not having price for ST 100 to 150 pounds cheaper this season. Could they still do this? 

Edited by chaddyrovers

• Backroom
10 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

I’ve noticed that they haven’t publicised STs at all since Saturday, so I’ve got a (faint) hope that there is something coming re price freeze…

We’ll definitely see a push at some point today and it’s the most obvious thing in the world to at least freeze prices

But we’ll see 

• Like 1

Some way to go to get anywhere near sales of the above named local Clubs... F'kin embarrassing.

With all these local sides now in the same league basically fighting for the floating Support did the powers that be at Ewood really think they could get away with charging top whack?

Where's the consumer research? where's the Ear to the Ground and Finger on the Pulse with the local community?..where's the common f'kin sense?

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

27 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Some way to go to get anywhere near sales of the above named local Clubs... F'kin embarrassing.

With all these local sides now in the same league basically fighting for the floating Support did the powers that be at Ewood really think they could get away with charging top whack?

Where's the consumer research? where's the Ear to the Ground and Finger on the Pulse with the local community?..where's the common f'kin sense?

100% agree, absolutely puzzling to think that they must sit round a table and agree the ticket prices and marketing etc will be in any way positive and NOT stop the steady decline of our fanbase. 

Swaggot n co make my blood boil.

Edited by damo100
  • Like 1

Just had a look at Rovers online ST sales.

I'd estimate they've sold around 3k

Embarrassing. 

Sort it out Swaggot, show some balls, admit you got it wrong and reduce those silly prices.

Edited by damo100
  • Like 3

It will be very depressing if we see a sub-10k league attendance. The difference between ourselves and PNE is purely pricing, it's a perfect A/B test for the overpaid dimwits in charge to use, if they had half a collective brain.

The towns are very similar in terms all aspects of the economy, fan base and recent success (or lack of). We finished above them last season, and we had a larger away following. ......yet despite all that they've sold 12k already vs 3k ourselves. It is purely pricing (and maybe a small manager effect though that won't move the dial that much).

Of course the majority of us have been screaming this for a long time now, the £199 John Williams pricing in the Prem days proved it with an additional 2k-4k or so that added, we're now proving it again but the other way around.

10k? We won’t be close. We were seeing 9k crowds in midweek last season and that was with 7,300 ST holders.

So we could well be seeing 6/7,000 next season. Which hasn’t been seen at Ewood for League games since football was in a real low ebb in this country in the mid 1980s. And in the modern game lower than some National League (5th tier) clubs will be getting next season.

Think I’m in a bit of shock to the state we’ve descended into.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

Is there another club anywhere that has seen such a drastic collapse in attendances in recent years?

I mean to go from almost 20,000 season ticket holders in 2011 when this lot turned up, to then almost halve your season ticket numbers overnight with relegation down to approx 11,000, and then in the space of the next 4-5 years fall from that down to less than 8,000 and now we are looking at falling well short of even that.

All whilst we have stayed more or less at the same level on the pitch.

Astonishing stuff which tells its own story of how this Club has really been run and what the people that matter - paying supporters - really think of things away from the internet warriors on Twitter and Facebook.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

10k? We won’t be close. We were seeing 9k crowds in midweek last season and that was with 7,300 ST holders.

So we could well be seeing 6/7,000 next season. Which hasn’t been seen at Ewood for League games since football was in a real low ebb in this country in the mid 1980s. And in the modern game lower than some National League (5th tier) clubs will be getting next season.

Think I’m in a bit of shock to the state we’ve descended into.

Yeah sorry, I meant on a Saturday 15:00 league match. We may have had a sub-10k there last season too to be fair without looking. 
It really is depressing.

22 minutes ago, PeteJD13 said:

Do we actually think the club will do anything ? I expect them to double down on the pricing 

I think they will naively expect that the Tomasson appointment will suddenly prompt people into buying. It might encourage a few, but the big problem now is price. £429 starting price now is a heck of a lot for a side in this part of the country especially when most of the talk is about visions, journeys, young players. People want to see promotion as the aim if they are being asked to pay that much.

The only real comparables on price are Middlesbrough and Luton. Middlesbrough will be promotion favourites, led by a top manager in Wilder who won't talk about young players, journeys or visions, he'll just go out, recruit good quality and give it his best shot this season. If people can see you are going for it they will pay expecting to see a good season.

Luton have a ground holding about 8000 home fans and are having their best few years since the 80s. That combination means they can charge more and so they should as they won't be able to do what we will and hand over 5000+ tickets to Sunderland, Boro, Burnley, Preston.

I expect to see an increase in the number of adverts and reminders, and lots of talk about it being an exciting new era. Probably a couple of decent looking loan signings too in an effort to shift a few.

I think anyone expecting any meaningful reduction are being very optimistic. The money handed over so far will already be accounted for. At the very best they - might - just do away with the £30 increase but even if they were to do that we are still towards the top end on starting price.

They had their chance and they blew it. Just like they had their chance in 2018 and blew it.

2018 v Oxford they had 27,000 home fans on yet no season tickets on sale or even prices to advertise - insanity.

This season, despite awful sales of season tickets (a little over 7000) we managed to claw ground back over the season due to good results and league position, and by March we were back at 11-12000 home fans again. Season tickets on sale at a good price during that good run could have made a big difference, yet we wait until the last home game has passed and then charge top whack.

Finally, could have salvaged the situation with an early, proactive and headline making managerial appointment. Send Mowbray on his way, communicate, get a good ambitious option in early doors and do what Preston did - promote it as a new era. Instead we've waited until mid-June and appointed something of a 'meh' manager - certainly not one that is going to get people flocking with excitement, though I wish him the very best.

Edited by JHRover
  • Like 5

Add in Luton being just about the only club in Bedfordshire in it's capital town then they should be able to find 10k willing to pay good money.

Rovers are at such a disadvantage with that type of scenario so they should price accordingly (Williams knew this) and literally be kicking doors down across the whole area to drive up sales.

Like Preston for example and we have a bigger name, profile and - going off half of last season - product.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Herbie6590 said:

Great stuff by Kamy. Honestly there is the wherewithal amongst many posters on this site to do a far better job than the current incumbents at Ewood. I would love to know if any of the senior management team at Rovers actually spoke to anybody about season tickets.