BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season tickets 2022/23

32 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

So Preston North End have (probably) sold at least double the STs of Blackburn Rovers, imagine ever saying that.

And a certain poster actually has the gall to call us all ‘clueless’ with a straight face, as the evidence of the enormous hole the club is in commercially is there for all to see…

Not only is there no accountability, there’s no leadership either.

If there was , first thing on Monday morning when the reality of the disastrous ticket sales is apparent, the club would issue a mea culpa followed by a proper price initiative to row this back.

If there is to be a new manager announcement this could be wrapped up and marketed as a ‘new dawn’ .An attempt to bring a feel good factor  into the club.

I realise that there would have to be something given back to those that have renewed but a quarter full Ewood  next season will help nobody.

Match by match ticket sales will never replace lost season tickets.

• Like 4

Rothwell, Lenihan & Nyambi going or already gone

For what it will cost to replace these 3 players like for like we could of given free entry on match days, ewood would possibly be full to the rafters with a cracking atmosphere and they would recoup a little of lost revenue with pie, beer and extra merchandise sales, not to mention the potential of better larger, sponsorship deals and bringing in a new younger generation

If we say sold 7000 season tickets @ £450 a pop we would generate a revenue of around £3,150,000  Not a great deal on the grand scheme of things when you think about it

I’m by no means an accountant or businessman but bloody hell, if ONLY we had an HALF competent ceo and manager! We would of given the players a decent contract and the fans a decent ticket price

Edited by pomster
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, rigger said:

The amount of season tickets any other club has sold, will have no bearing what-so-ever, on whether or not I get a Rovers season ticket. Preston have sold the amount they have, because their fans want to be certain of a ticket, when we play them.

Absolute nonsense. They do not have such a large number of fans who commit to a 23 game season ticket purely to get a ticket for games against us, as if they wouldn't be able to otherwise.

6 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Absolute nonsense. They do not have such a large number of fans who commit to a 23 game season ticket purely to get a ticket for games against us, as if they wouldn't be able to otherwise.

Humor is lost on some people. As the bible says : Some fell on stoney ground.

• Like 4

• Backroom

The test of loyalty deadline came and went for us, my dad has gone for a European railcard instead so will spend more time travelling the continent whilst the eldest and I, not being ‘one of our own’ will find something else to do on a Saturday it seems

• Like 3

I renewed. Purely for my daughter who is getting to the obsessed point & I don't want to dampen that spirit - I was like that once & we need it to carry on from generation to generation.

Also, I'd probably end up going anyway so I'd much rather make sure I sit with the same people I have done for years than risk a seat next to some absolute helmet! - I'm obviously presuming they've renewed too - the nice people, not the shiny purple ones obviously.

Am I happy about the pricing & guilt trip? Am I hell!!

On another note though, I'd been refused the monthly payment plan last year for some reason (computer said no!) Even though I'd always been ok, & it was for a much lesser amount,  but all is well this season.

Edited by windymiller7
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Tom said:

The test of loyalty deadline came and went for us, my dad has gone for a European railcard instead so will spend more time travelling the continent whilst the eldest and I, not being ‘one of our own’ will find something else to do on a Saturday it seems

Don't allow any of those turds out there to call you disloyal or a judas or whatever bollocks they come up with. There is a difference between loyalty and just letting someone take the piss out of you. 

The fact that people are coming on here to state their reasons for renewing says it all. 

For the record I hold no judgement towards anyone who has or hasn't renewed.  I am just utterly infuriated with the way this has been handled by the club. They couldn't be more disrespectful if they tried.

Edited by Upside Down

On 30/05/2022 at 20:18, darrenrover said:

There will be imminent announcements regarding attractive season ticket packages, particularly for families, in the next few days.

This is the last post you’ve made on here, if it was in reference to the astronomical price for two adults and two children to attend Ewood this season then we really have no hope. If you and the likes of @1864roverite are the fans with some supposed connection to the club who are supposed to represent us then we really have no hope.

This club is finished, a shadow of the well run family club I grew up supporting, regardless of the managerial appointment we make I think this could be it for me. I’m 26 years old and I’ve had a season ticket for 20 years, I’ve said so many times this club hasn’t been the same since the Venkys took over and I can’t honestly remember the last time I enjoyed going to Ewood yet I still attend every home game.

I don’t enjoy watching football anymore, I always used to watch the big games but with VAR it just kills it. I’ve got into golf and I enjoy watching it and playing it, I think that’s what I might do with my Saturdays this year because I think I’ve fell out of love with Rovers and football in general.

Venkys have killed this club and if you can sit there and genuinely think they give a shit about us fans or have any idea how to run a football club then fair play. Enjoy. I’ve also had a few beers tonight so if this a bit strong then I’ll accept that but I’ve come home and logged on here and said what I wanted to say. 

• Like 7

55 minutes ago, Butty said:

This is the last post you’ve made on here, if it was in reference to the astronomical price for two adults and two children to attend Ewood this season then we really have no hope. If you and the likes of @1864roverite are the fans with some supposed connection to the club who are supposed to represent us then we really have no hope.

This club is finished, a shadow of the well run family club I grew up supporting, regardless of the managerial appointment we make I think this could be it for me. I’m 26 years old and I’ve had a season ticket for 20 years, I’ve said so many times this club hasn’t been the same since the Venkys took over and I can’t honestly remember the last time I enjoyed going to Ewood yet I still attend every home game.

I don’t enjoy watching football anymore, I always used to watch the big games but with VAR it just kills it. I’ve got into golf and I enjoy watching it and playing it, I think that’s what I might do with my Saturdays this year because I think I’ve fell out of love with Rovers and football in general.

Venkys have killed this club and if you can sit there and genuinely think they give a shit about us fans or have any idea how to run a football club then fair play. Enjoy. I’ve also had a few beers tonight so if this a bit strong then I’ll accept that but I’ve come home and logged on here and said what I wanted to say. 

To be fair I was at this point 15 years ago.

Venkys takeover and the anointing of Steve Kean as manager totally finished me off. I will never attend Ewood Park as long as Venkys and their acolytes have anything to do with Rovers. To be honest I doubt I'll go to watch again unless the club is majority fan owned. The state of the whole game has never been worse. Just look at this year's world cup. 

At least I can say I saw my team win the League and went to a major cup final, coming out victorious. There's not many football fans that can say that.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

So Preston North End have (probably) sold at least double the STs of Blackburn Rovers, imagine ever saying that.

And a certain poster actually has the gall to call us all ‘clueless’ with a straight face, as the evidence of the enormous hole the club is in commercially is there for all to see…

They’ve sold 12,000 I think I read, also think I saw to date Rovers have managed little over 3,000. So I fear the reality might be nearer nob end have sold quadruple the season tickets. That’s just shameful. 

Edited by matt83
  • Like 2

Didn't renew in the end and won't be under the current pricing structure. 

I'll just do a few match tickets this season. I doubt very much that even for playing the Dingles I won't struggle to get a match ticket if bought early enough.

Heads should absolutely roll for this shambles, but as we know there will be some more window dressing and it'll all hlbe the fans' fault.

• Like 4

The main difference this time is because the likes of Bolton and PNE have offered very competitive deals, even a lot of the social media uber fans have realised that the pricing here is absolutely ridiculous. 

The Swag spin on this one will be a laugh (that’s if he even emerges from his bunker).

Edited by Mattyblue

2 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

Don't they usually take them off sale for a bit now to process seat moves etc?

So might be a week or two until we can see the seating map to see how many have sold.

I can't see that. If you buy a ticket, that seat is instantly unavailable. Why would it not work the other way round ? If a ticket is not bought for a certain seat, why would it not show as available. It is more likely that the seating map is not updated becase it is a Sunday and no-one is at work, to enter the data into the system.    

Just now, JHRover said:

Pandemic, cost of living crisis, no PL football, small towns - all the excuses the apologists usually come with demolished thanks to our neighbours.

Myths busted

All it takes is some understanding and treating people properly.

This 10000% ^^^^^^^