BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season tickets 2022/23

16 minutes ago, goozburger said:

Now that Jon Dahl Tomasson has been appointed, is anybody now ready to buy or renew?

yes,getting mine this weekend,first season ticket since i threw the last one on the pitch at the wigan relegation game🙂,im`e genuinely optimistic about this season,mind you,i think it`s mostly because mowbray has gone,as a supporter he dragged me down mood wise,it must have been worse for the players,imagine turning up for work only to be greeted by his depressing tones

• Like 3

2 hours ago, JHRover said:

I think they will naively expect that the Tomasson appointment will suddenly prompt people into buying. It might encourage a few, but the big problem now is price. £429 starting price now is a heck of a lot for a side in this part of the country especially when most of the talk is about visions, journeys, young players. People want to see promotion as the aim if they are being asked to pay that much.

The only real comparables on price are Middlesbrough and Luton. Middlesbrough will be promotion favourites, led by a top manager in Wilder who won't talk about young players, journeys or visions, he'll just go out, recruit good quality and give it his best shot this season. If people can see you are going for it they will pay expecting to see a good season.

Luton have a ground holding about 8000 home fans and are having their best few years since the 80s. That combination means they can charge more and so they should as they won't be able to do what we will and hand over 5000+ tickets to Sunderland, Boro, Burnley, Preston.

I expect to see an increase in the number of adverts and reminders, and lots of talk about it being an exciting new era. Probably a couple of decent looking loan signings too in an effort to shift a few.

I think anyone expecting any meaningful reduction are being very optimistic. The money handed over so far will already be accounted for. At the very best they - might - just do away with the £30 increase but even if they were to do that we are still towards the top end on starting price.

They had their chance and they blew it. Just like they had their chance in 2018 and blew it.

2018 v Oxford they had 27,000 home fans on yet no season tickets on sale or even prices to advertise - insanity.

This season, despite awful sales of season tickets (a little over 7000) we managed to claw ground back over the season due to good results and league position, and by March we were back at 11-12000 home fans again. Season tickets on sale at a good price during that good run could have made a big difference, yet we wait until the last home game has passed and then charge top whack.

Finally, could have salvaged the situation with an early, proactive and headline making managerial appointment. Send Mowbray on his way, communicate, get a good ambitious option in early doors and do what Preston did - promote it as a new era. Instead we've waited until mid-June and appointed something of a 'meh' manager - certainly not one that is going to get people flocking with excitement, though I wish him the very best.

I'll be renewing - I wouldn't have done if they'd appointed someone like Pardew or Ferguson. At least they've given it a go with this guy (albeit it's a risk). 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

,it must have been worse for the players,imagine turning up for work only to be greeted by his depressing tones

"Oh you fancy yourself as a LWB do you Ryan? Not for me son. Have you ever seen Mahrez play? I reckon you're a RW."

Excellent piece that he's always been good at putting stuff like that across so i hope he still has contacts who'll read it.

Really it should be on the front page of the LT but that lot wouldn't even give it a column inch and upset their paymasters. Maybe they should put their readership first for a change and get the drum beating.

I’ve been going down to ewood since i was a young lad, a long time, more than i care to remember.

But as stated already, i wont be renewing this season and neither are my friends, my son and grandson. We’ve decided to walk on selected games

Edited by pomster

11 hours ago, arbitro said:

Great stuff by Kamy. Honestly there is the wherewithal amongst many posters on this site to do a far better job than the current incumbents at Ewood. I would love to know if any of the senior management team at Rovers actually spoke to anybody about season tickets.

You'd be lucky if you could find one with the ability to tie their own shoes.

Talk about failing upwards.

12 hours ago, goozburger said:

Now that Jon Dahl Tomasson has been appointed, is anybody now ready to buy or renew?

Renewed yesterday.

A lot of moaning and misery on here about pricing but I’m excited for the season ahead now a great management structure is in place at the club. If you want to go and watch Preston, Wigan or Bolton instead of Rovers my advice would be crack on!

Edited by DuffsLeftPeg
  • Like 2

I’m ‘moaning’ because I want the club to thrive, which is extremely hard to do in the Championship with c5,000 ST holders.

I also try and offer solutions, as do many on here.

Whereas, ‘well, go and watch Preston then’, offers what exactly?

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, DuffsLeftPeg said:

Renewed yesterday.

A lot of moaning and misery on here about pricing but I’m excited for the season ahead now a great management structure is in place at the club. If you want to go and watch Preston, Wigan or Bolton instead of Rovers my advice would be crack on!

Waggots main job should be to stop the haemorrhaging of existing fans. He is failing . A 23% increase in 3 years in the current climate is laughable. 

He has no long term goal here. His sees his job to maximise revenue on a balance sheet for this season only with no planning for 2,3,5,10 years down the line.

If he could have 3000 in paying £1500 each but isolating the rest he would probably do it.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, DuffsLeftPeg said:

Renewed yesterday.

I almost feel like applauding this post. Its perhaps SO ignorant that it deserves to be almost held up as a beacon of all that is is wrong. 

Edited by BigUts
spelling
  • Like 6

41 minutes ago, DuffsLeftPeg said:

Renewed yesterday.

Sounds like you have the right mentality there mate. No doubt your a highly successful businessman

30 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Waggots main job should be to stop the haemorrhaging of existing fans. He is failing . A 23% increase in 3 years in the current climate is laughable. 

He has no long term goal here. His sees his job to maximise revenue on a balance sheet for this season only with no planning for 2,3,5,10 years down the line.

If he could have 3000 in paying £1500 each but isolating the rest he would probably do it.

When your duping your employers out of £300k a year, £500 for a season ticket is a mere drop in the ocean

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Waggot just toeing the line, Venky's control major decisions at Ewood.

Seasonn Ticket prices based around "don't devalue the product"

All goes back to Madame Desai furiously criticising John Williams for previously reducing prices to increase attendances.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, blondie said:

Waggot just toeing the line, Venky's control major decisions at Ewood.

Seasonn Ticket prices based around "don't devalue the product"

All goes back to Madame Desai furiously criticising John Williams for previously reducing prices to increase attendances.

Williams knew what/ how to run a football club, on the other hand you have the chicken chokers

There’s been something seriously wrong down at ewood for well over 10yrs and it aint the fanbase!!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Weasle.

It's not moaning. It's simply a fact that not everyone can afford or justify spending that amount of money when there's other things in their life that have to take priority! Little things like paying for your kids food, clothing, etc... paying rent & bills...... 🙄

Some don't seem to recognise that season tickets come under the heading of "discretionary expenditure". if there isn't enough to go round on essential expenditure, people look to reduce the former and concentrate on the latter.

Rovers attitude sems to be "take it or leave it". They are in for a shock I think.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DuffsLeftPeg said:

Renewed yesterday.

Where has ANYONE said they want to go and watch Preston Wigan or Bolton instead ?

A few have said however they are feeling priced out of watching their team which is the whole point of the 'moaning'.

Your kind of post says a lot about your own attitude and i suspect some inside the club i.e if you want to come then come otherwise bog off.  Great thinking that is when you are surrounded by empty seats next season listening to 500 away fans yelling your support if effing shit.

Maybe you should get a job in Rovers marketing dept.

• Like 8