BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season tickets 2022/23

I'm not saying this happened, but it wouldn't surprise me if a few of these 'recent renewers' are made up by the club.

It genuinely looks like there's been about 2k renewals since we announced JDT, and I'm not having it.

I'm going to do another technical count tonight from 11pm. Takes about 20 minutes or so.

Wondering if somebody could help me identify the truly unavailable seats in the seat map for the blocks that I listed, so that I can deduct those from the final count. Suspicious zones are the front rows of every block except the JW upper, and the big block of unavailable seats in the right hand side of W01. These are basically all seats that I'd consider as not season ticket sales, but I'm not totally sure.

4 minutes ago, goozburger said:

I'm going to do another technical count tonight from 11pm. Takes about 20 minutes or so.

Wondering if somebody could help me identify the truly unavailable seats in the seat map for the blocks that I listed, so that I can deduct those from the final count. Suspicious zones are the front rows of every block except the JW upper, and the big block of unavailable seats in the right hand side of W01. These are basically all seats that I'd consider as not season ticket sales, but I'm not totally sure.

Will all come out in the wash at the first home game? I’l be curious to know

• Backroom
1 hour ago, BigUts said:

Getting serious FOMO now... 🙈

I am a bit myself but like I said one of my main drivers to renew was to keep my seat, as that’s gone now I ain’t paying more for a worse seat 

27 minutes ago, Tom said:

I am a bit myself but like I said one of my main drivers to renew was to keep my seat, as that’s gone now I ain’t paying more for a worse seat 

Hear you. Mine and my son's seats are still available and if they had gone I almost certainly wouldn't even be thinking about it...

33 minutes ago, Tom said:

And where was your seat? Mine is in a good spot and there is one next to me that's free...👀

15 minutes ago, BigUts said:

Hear you. Mine and my son's seats are still available and if they had gone I almost certainly wouldn't even be thinking about it...

Get yourself down!

4 minutes ago, J*B said:

Without going into too much detail, I’ve just cross referenced my diary against last seasons matches.

Out of 23 home games, 7 would have been impossible for me to attend due to work.

4 would have meant I left the house at 7:30AM and returned home after an evening KO. 

Thats 11 games I would have probably missed, leaving 12 games… assuming I didn’t miss another game due to holidays, existing plans or illness. 

At £299 I’d have bought one anyway and sat in the Riverside with my Dad for roughly 12 games a season… £25 a match, on average. As it happens, the price is £429 and I refuse to pay best case scenario £35 a ticket. Not least because I can watch every game at home on my sofa. 

So long story short - I’m one of the lucky ones that could (just) about afford to buy myself a season ticket at £299, but there isn’t any value at £429. Despite being a Rovers addict, that spends his time running a fans message board, I’ve been priced out by Waggott. So I’ll buy some match tickets - home and away - if we’re playing well… and if we’re not, I’ll watch on the sofa. My net spend will be less than £25 / match in total… which I would have given them anyway, if they could price tickets correctly. Madness. You know who I feel for the most? The Blackburners that really live for this club, that would make sure they attend every game, would schedule their work rota around games, would tell their other halves don’t plan anything on match day… but the cost of living is so high they can’t find a way to pay the price. It’s a disgrace. 

Somebody needs to send this to Waggott........along with his p45

• Like 1

I think this sort of attitude is not only rife but its potentially dangerous as its justification for the powers that be to keep season ticket prices stupidly high.

Clearly someone financially stable (and perhaps not fully in touch with the economic situation of Blackburn whilst living in California in this instance) showing a lack of empathy and understanding. People with a superfan mentality implying that its down to backing the club or the manager.

Also, a bit premature with the "unbelievable change" and "modern club" narrative.

Screenshot_20220616-140923_Twitter.jpg

Edited by roversfan99
  • Like 5

There are 5-6 uber positive people on twitter and social media like the one above who would vociferously back the Club even if we announced we were demolishing Ewood and groundsharing with Burnley from next season.

Its almost like an illness, like they think it is a sign of weakness or failure to do or say anything that isn't 100% firm support of everything the Club says or does.

The statement that the "owners have delivered an unbelievable change in direction of the club" is correct, but not in the way he alludes to. These owners have done little but damage this Club since their arrival.

The less than £3 a week thing is another typical crafty statement aimed to minimise the high prices of Rovers and gap to rivals. Its like those who support the TV licence continuing often trot out that it is only the cost of a cup of coffee or whatever each week. End of the day it isn't because it is a one off substantial payment and a p1ss take so you can dress it up however you like it doesn't change it being unpopular.

There's nothing wrong at all with moaning about the price of tickets. Infact it is only through that moaning and inability/unwillingness of people to pay these prices that the penny might eventually drop in Waggott's office of the damage he is doing. If the same number happily turned up and paid these prices then he'd just put another 20% on next summer to push it another step further.

Waggott doesn't get this Club, fanbase or town despite 4.5 years of working here, and clearly has no intention of consulting with fans before setting prices. So its time the fans sent him a message he can't hide from. The only language he will understand is plummeting sales.

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, JHRover said:

There are 5-6 uber positive people on twitter and social media like the one above who would vociferously back the Club even if we announced we were demolishing Ewood and groundsharing with Burnley from next season.

Its almost like an illness, like they think it is a sign of weakness or failure to do or say anything that isn't 100% firm support of everything the Club says or does.

The statement that the "owners have delivered an unbelievable change in direction of the club" is correct, but not in the way he alludes to. These owners have done little but damage this Club since their arrival.

The less than £3 a week thing is another typical crafty statement aimed to minimise the high prices of Rovers and gap to rivals. Its like those who support the TV licence continuing often trot out that it is only the cost of a cup of coffee or whatever each week. End of the day it isn't because it is a one off substantial payment and a p1ss take so you can dress it up however you like it doesn't change it being unpopular.

There's nothing wrong at all with moaning about the price of tickets. Infact it is only through that moaning and inability/unwillingness of people to pay these prices that the penny might eventually drop in Waggott's office of the damage he is doing. If the same number happily turned up and paid these prices then he'd just put another 20% on next summer to push it another step further.

Waggott doesn't get this Club, fanbase or town despite 4.5 years of working here, and clearly has no intention of consulting with fans before setting prices. So its time the fans sent him a message he can't hide from. The only language he will understand is plummeting sales.

But but but I'll look into it is the usual way Swaggot communicates with the fan's.

He has an unbelievable opportunity here to right the huge wrongs he's done in his tenure (5years) at the club.

He'd also be amazed how fans who slate him now would forgive and respect his admittance that he got it badly wrong.

Come on Steve, do the right thing.

44 minutes ago, JHRover said:

It is also £6 per game more expensive, which sounds much worse than £3 per week. 

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

I think this sort of attitude is not only rife but its potentially dangerous as its justification for the powers that be to keep season ticket prices stupidly high.

Clearly someone financially stable (and perhaps not fully in touch with the economic situation of Blackburn whilst living in California in this instance) showing a lack of empathy and understanding. People with a superfan mentality implying that its down to backing the club or the manager.

Also, a bit premature with the "unbelievable change" and "modern club" narrative.

He's one the QEGS brigade isn't he its borderline poverty shaming

• Like 3

Grammar School connected, hence the backing of club policy, imo.

Nothing wrong with being positive and of course these are exciting changes on the face of it.

However, "best owners in the Championship"? Yes, that's Venky's who are being referred to. Waggott and Co are also being bigged up for their efforts. Seriously?

In my view, there are people out there who have had the royal treatment off the car salesman down in the lounges and what have you, who now can't say a word against him and what the club are doing.

Edited by SuperBrfc

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

I imagine he won't be buying one so is he qualified to talk?

2 hours ago, JHRover said:

👏👏👏 spot on!!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

👏👏👏 spot on!!

Totally agree. £718 for me and my 22 year old son, £31/per match. Sounds good value.....when I factor in fuel at an all time high, travel from Clitheroe, hot dog/drink for him, pint for me, we are probably up to £50 per match. The actual result of that is.....£1,150. Waggott explain your pricing policy? I have a decent job. but I also have a brain. Not spending that to watch mid-table Championship football, and that doesn't include the odd away game.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

California dreaming!

• Like 2