BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season tickets 2022/23

That was completed last week, I thought, after the claim your seat deadline.

That very brief take down of the site this afternoon seems different, as now back up they’ve taken all of last season’s reserved seats off sale.

Edited by Mattyblue

1 hour ago, damo100 said:

Interesting on the Rovers online ST's page. 

I wonder what's going on?

Screenshot_20220617-151943_Chrome.png

There’s the update. ST holders can buy at the early bird price until the end of the month. Wonder what happens if you paid full whack yesterday?

2 minutes ago, J*B said:

There’s the update. ST holders can buy at the early bird price until the end of the month. Wonder what happens if you paid full whack yesterday?

“Anyone who has renewed since previous deadline and paid the £30 uplift will receive a full refund and the ticket office staff will process these payments over the next 7-10 days. This includes those who’ve purchased via the split payment plan, who will contacted via email next week.

Timelapse issues will be resolved over the coming days, and all those affected will be contacted by the Ticket Office.”

• Backroom

Finally - what took them so long?

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2022/june/17/season-ticket-loyalty-scheme-extended/

the article mentions the system being updated and there is reference to ‘Timelapse issues’ but not sure where we stand as our seats got taken since they were released, I wonder if this means we have a window to steal them back

Part of the wording sounds like any bought this week will be null and void and need to buy again 

Edited by Tom

Well better late than never, but it’s farcical really. They knew JDT was inbound last weekend, so why on earth didn’t they extend it then and and tap into the momentum and good vibes of his appointment?

Completely reactive, just like the implementation and then removal of Cat A+ match tickets after a backlash. This club from Waggott down still doesn’t understand it’s own fanbase after years in post. So why are they still here?

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Tom said:

Finally - what took them so long?

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2022/june/17/season-ticket-loyalty-scheme-extended/

the article mentions the system being updated and there is reference to ‘Timelapse issues’ but not sure where we stand as our seats got taken since they were released, I wonder if this means we have a window to steal them back

Part of the wording sounds like any bought this week will be null and void and need to buy again 

Were they "taken" before the system went offline earlier? My numbers still might mean something, by the way, because there are around 2,400 ST holders from last season that haven't renewed. But I think you should be able to contact the club to check if your seats are still available.

5 minutes ago, Hannoverover said:

"Season ticket sales have already surpassed the number sold last season, and the club would like to thank all those who have purchased so far."  Interesting.

Been a definite spike since JDT, as we certainly hadn’t before, thank god we made an exciting appointment.

But he’s also being disingenuous as he means we’ve sold more than the 7,300 we had at the end of August 2021, not the 8,500 we finished the season with.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

• Backroom
7 minutes ago, goozburger said:

Were they "taken" before the system went offline earlier? My numbers still might mean something, by the way, because there are around 2,400 ST holders from last season that haven't renewed. But I think you should be able to contact the club to check if your seats are still available.

They are pretty cushy seats so I think they got snapped up as soon as they were released on Monday 

Unless I’m reading the tweets wrong it sounds like you’ll have a chance to get your seat back whilst the newbie gets turfed out.

Total, and avoidable, shambles, but at least it shows they’ve realised that pricing has been a big error of judgment (once again).

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

• Backroom
Just now, Mattyblue said:

Unless I’m reading the tweets wrong it sounds like you’ll have a chance to get your seat back whilst the newbie gets turfed out.

Total shambles, but at least it shows they’ve realised that pricing has been a big error of judgment (once again).

I should feel bad….but I won’t.

We didn’t feel that renewing was right, held off and then the club delivered with an exciting appointment and extended the deal, now I feel I’d like to renew.

Sure someone may ‘lose’ a seat they’ve never sat in but they are going to get £30 back in their pocket 

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, rigger said:

So the extension offers absolutely no advantage to new buyers. Who the hell are our marketeers. Why would anyone limit the amount of people that can take advantage of an offer ?

First thing I thought, another fantastic opportunity missed here by Swaggot and his amazing marketing team 

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Well better late than never, but it’s farcical really. They knew JDT was inbound last weekend, so why on earth didn’t they extend it then

Never a truer word spoken.

Funny if it wasn't so obviously ridiculous.

Personally I am happy with the appointments, watching closely who we bring in this window, so happy Mowbray has gone and a bit excited for the new season (first time since long before Tony).

Downside is I am fully committed to not go back until Venkys leave so thats that.

COYB !

Edited by OldEwoodBlue

9 hours ago, JHRover said:

Don't think a voucher scheme would be too popular either.

I know I'd be pretty annoyed if I'd forked out for a ticket during the 'loyalty' period only for the club to cut prices and then only offer me a voucher for the Club shop whilst later buyers got a ticket for less and weren't tied into vouchers.

A £20-30 voucher isn't much use to me when the replica kits and training gear prices start from £40 odd for a t-shirt.

I think the ONLY way they could get away with a voucher scheme would be a cast iron promise that those who paid the higher price would get the difference knocked off next years season ticket. Then that is like for like. But there's no way Rovers would offer such a thing.

What a complete balls up this has been.

I would be very happy with a voucher as a refund. 

2 hours ago, Hannoverover said:

"Season ticket sales have already surpassed the number sold last season, and the club would like to thank all those who have purchased so far."  Interesting.

Great to hear and good to see more fans being ST holders. 

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Total, and avoidable, shambles, but at least it shows they’ve realised that pricing has been a big error of judgment (once again).

It’s seems they always manage to upset someone no matter what they do. Why can’t they just get it right first time round. Better late than never I suppose and hopefully A sign that putting things right is the way to go rather than the same reactive mess covering of the past

Edited by Oldgregg86

4 hours ago, goozburger said:

Looks like I might have to spend the night watching TV with Mrs. Goozburger. Bloody hell...

Can you still work out the current sales if all existing ST Holders renewed?

Edited by damo100

If we somehow got to near 10k season ticket holders at these prices, in the current climate,  at least it would put to bed who the biggest and best supported club in the region are outside the top flight.

Season Tickets Update

Slightly complicated update. I'll annotate as briefly as I can.

• First off, its worth remembering that I've calculated 712 of the seats classed as "unavailable" as seats that aren't sold as season tickets. This includes front rows of each of the three stands, and a block of seats in W01 closest to the Darwen End.
  • At 10.30am this morning, the count stood at 7,072 season tickets sold (+8 on last night).
  • At some point in the afternoon, the system was taken offline. When it came back online, the count stood at 9,467.
  • I believe around 2,395 seats were set as unavailable during the system downtime, followed by the news of the loyalty scheme being reinstated until 30th June. In other words, around 2,395 season ticket holders from last season hadn't renewed at this point in time.

With that out of the way, those 2,395 unavailable seats are going to remain "unavailable" until 1st July, so I can't include that chunk in my calculations. Until 1st July, any figures I give will basically be the 7,072 I counted this morning, plus any new season ticket holders. From 1st July, we'll be able to see how many of that 2,395 have been sold, and the figures will be back to being a full reflection of how many sold (based on my calculated estimates, of course)

Now, bear with me while I check a few things, because I'm getting 7,014 in tonight's count, which is -50 compared to last night.

• Like 3

The Fans Forum minutes from September last year on the club website state that last season we sold 7,300 full season tickets, a later set of minutes say we ended the season with 8,500, ergo a further 1,200 half STs were sold.

Some of those 2,395 won’t renew, as every season some just don’t for a plethora of reasons, whilst some new and returning fans come in to offset the non renewers, the ‘yearly churn’ as John Williams called it. Obviously if more folk don’t renew than newbies arrive overall ST numbers will go down. The hope is obviously to try and get as many as possible to renew on the back of the JDT buzz.

Here’s hoping the club are actually reaching out to these fans and not just thinking a social media post will do the trick (I know, I know!).

Edited by Mattyblue