BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season tickets 2022/23

4 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

You'd be livid if you've forked out full price and the club turn round and slash prices in the wake of JDT's announcement.

Ticket prices if reduced at all, would be in the form of a voucher for the club shop.,Of course that would have to be for everybody who has purchased a ticket.

Edited by blondie
add

1 hour ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Sales of season tickets is just basic 'supply and demand' economics.

Unlike say Luton, the supply is effectively infinite. We'll never, ever in a million years shift 31,000 season tickets at Ewood.

The demand is also evidently not there.

Therefore, to increase demand, either the perceived value of the 'product' needs to increase, or the price needs to drop.

Waggot either needs to add more value to the product - a free shirt for example - or reduce the price.

So just basic economics that a 10 year old could easily understand. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Sales of season tickets is just basic 'supply and demand' economics.

Unlike say Luton, the supply is effectively infinite. We'll never, ever in a million years shift 31,000 season tickets at Ewood.

The demand is also evidently not there.

Therefore, to increase demand, either the perceived value of the 'product' needs to increase, or the price needs to drop.

Waggot either needs to add more value to the product - a free shirt for example - or reduce the price.

Exactly - based on some of the comparable figures I’ve seen for northern 2nd tier clubs, I’m now firmly in the camp that the club MUST continue to add value and increase engagement, comms and motivation.

The costs are more or less aligned with the likes of Burnley and Preston. Clubs that we will expect to compete with and beat.

Just now, blondie said:

Ticket prices if reduced at all, would be in the form of a voucher for the club shop.,

1 minute ago, Paul Mani said:

Interesting if correct….doesn’t look like the pricing is off? 

2BD75767-0870-48CA-B09C-3A9D3049FD50.png

They are the current prices, Rovers always miss a trick by selling late and not having a really reduced Early Bird offer.

This has been exacerbated by the true rise in the cost of living becoming more apparent, which was not the case 2/3 months ago.

3 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Exactly - based on some of the comparable figures I’ve seen for northern 2nd tier clubs, I’m now firmly in the camp that the club MUST continue to add value and increase engagement, comms and motivation.

The costs are more or less aligned with the likes of Burnley and Preston. Clubs that we will expect to compete with and beat.

No we were hundreds of pounds more expensive at early bird stage.

That table you posted are displaying post early bird prices. Preston for example sold most of theirs at around £280. Wigan at £329 - £349. Blackpool £309 - £369.

Whereas even our early bird started at £400 - £500 for existing ST holders, £429 - £529 for new and returning.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

They are post early bird prices. Preston for example sold most of theirs at around £280.

Whereas even our early bird started at £400 - £500 for existing ST holders, £429 - £529 for new and returning.

Fair enough, but we’ve missed those now anyway. So I say crack on and add as much value as possible…then next season, offer a proper early bird offer in January and continue the positivity into the summer to top up…

The problem commercially of course is that if PNE have done 10k at £280 and 2k at £450 (£3.7m) and we do 10k at £450 then it makes sense (for the money men) to stick to their guns. Though from a playing point of view, and extra 2k guaranteed in the ground would be ideal! Argh!

They do need to crack on, the price is what it is and can only be rectified in the future. But what I’m finding strange is they are now actually promoting STs less on social media channels (as marketing them in any other way than a drumbeat post on Twitter/Facebook is obviously beyond them) than before JDT was appointed. All this goodwill and feel good factor and they are doing nowt to harness it.

Not fit for purpose commercially, I’m afraid.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

Don't think a voucher scheme would be too popular either.

I know I'd be pretty annoyed if I'd forked out for a ticket during the 'loyalty' period only for the club to cut prices and then only offer me a voucher for the Club shop whilst later buyers got a ticket for less and weren't tied into vouchers.

A £20-30 voucher isn't much use to me when the replica kits and training gear prices start from £40 odd for a t-shirt.

I think the ONLY way they could get away with a voucher scheme would be a cast iron promise that those who paid the higher price would get the difference knocked off next years season ticket. Then that is like for like. But there's no way Rovers would offer such a thing.

What a complete balls up this has been.

• Like 4

It’s amazing how they keep getting it wrong and then row backs and ‘re-thinks’ months into the sales period.

Bit like the ridiculously priced Cat A+ match tickets that they had to scrap last season after another outcry.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

What sense does it make if our overal price is in line with other rivals but they've signed up over 10k from heavily discounted early birds, but we haven't.

Non, it makes no sense to try and spin it as acceptable because those other clubs have made a huge effort to help people out, ours hasn't.

• Like 2

Bundles no doubt.

Ones that sell 12 - 200 max but it's ok because Steve Still wants 2k + walk ups every game plus away fans all paying top whack.

He's just praying JDT and the gang spike enough interest through results.

7 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

I’d love some money back, but we only sold 8k last season at an average of £300?? We’ll potentially do 10k or more at £400 with the renewed positivity….would you reduce them and hand money back or turn up the positivity and hope we trickle up to 11k??

The Family days with guest appearances from GB and gorgeous Jon are a great idea though! 

Some maths as an example 5k x £399=1.95 million or 12k x £285 = 3.42 million ( that's before you take into account more income from more fans purchasing food and drink and in the shop etc)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Fingers crossed. We want as many people in the ground as possible…but re-funding is a huge gamble at this stage. Give 8000 people £100 back and only sell an extra 1000 st’s at £300 and you’ve absolutely fucked it! 🙈😩

Give everyone who had bought one at the higher price this year £125 credit note or voucher for next year (or 5 x 25 vouchers to be spent on drinks/food in ground this year).

That way Income not overly affected 

• Like 2

On 16/06/2022 at 14:50, JHRover said:

There are 5-6 uber positive people on twitter and social media like the one above who would vociferously back the Club even if we announced we were demolishing Ewood and groundsharing with Burnley from next season.

Its almost like an illness, like they think it is a sign of weakness or failure to do or say anything that isn't 100% firm support of everything the Club says or does.

The statement that the "owners have delivered an unbelievable change in direction of the club" is correct, but not in the way he alludes to. These owners have done little but damage this Club since their arrival.

The less than £3 a week thing is another typical crafty statement aimed to minimise the high prices of Rovers and gap to rivals. Its like those who support the TV licence continuing often trot out that it is only the cost of a cup of coffee or whatever each week. End of the day it isn't because it is a one off substantial payment and a p1ss take so you can dress it up however you like it doesn't change it being unpopular.

There's nothing wrong at all with moaning about the price of tickets. Infact it is only through that moaning and inability/unwillingness of people to pay these prices that the penny might eventually drop in Waggott's office of the damage he is doing. If the same number happily turned up and paid these prices then he'd just put another 20% on next summer to push it another step further.

Waggott doesn't get this Club, fanbase or town despite 4.5 years of working here, and clearly has no intention of consulting with fans before setting prices. So its time the fans sent him a message he can't hide from. The only language he will understand is plummeting sales.

But but but I'll look into it is the usual way Swaggot communicates with the fan's.

He has an unbelievable opportunity here to right the huge wrongs he's done in his tenure (5years) at the club.

He'd also be amazed how fans who slate him now would forgive and respect his admittance that he got it badly wrong.

Come on Steve, do the right thing.

I think it’s fairly obvious by now that Waggott has cash flow targets, not attendance targets, and those most likely haven’t been eased any because of the cost of living crisis. What gets measured gets done. The Williams price cut was driven by a prioritization of attendances over income in order to make us more attractive for televised games, which drove much more income.

• Like 4

I was thinking about this today when it came to me in a flash of inspiration that they actually have done refunds before. In the Covid effected season anybody who bought a season ticket was offered a refund minus the cost of watching each game on iPlayer (£230). The refund was deducted from the following seasons price of a season ticket. 

Well something certainly happened when they took it offline. Unavailable seats now stand at 9,467. I reckon they've made all last season's season ticket seats that haven't been renewed as "unavailable" when they took it offline. Something afoot with an offer of some kind, perhaps?

Edited by goozburger

2 minutes ago, goozburger said:

Well something certainly happened when they took it offline. Unavailable seats now stand at 9,467. I reckon they've made all last season's season ticket seats that haven't been renewed as "unavailable" when they took it offline. Something afoot with an offer of some kind, perhaps?

I hope if anything is offered, it is an offer to attract new season ticket holders as well as present ones.