BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season tickets 2022/23

6 hours ago, tomphil said:

It's still dire and likely an over estimate given nobody can be 100 percent sure.

If there truly was a new manager boost the figures would've flown up but they appear to be trickling. 

Yet Swag is crowing because we’ve just about scraped over last summer’s abysmal 6,995, neatly sidestepping the fact we had 8,500 by the end of January. I mean, if you ever wanted a prime example of how that fool has diminished this football club.

The only hope for a respectable figure is that this second extension pushes a high number of the 2,250 existing ST holders who hadn’t renewed into doing so. But if they hadn’t renewed by now, will re-taking £30 off the price make much difference? I suppose we’ll see on the 1st July.

But not to worry, ‘he knows’ about all the disquiet around pricing, so here’s hoping for some sensible offers by about 2030.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 4

38 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Yet Swag is crowing because we’ve just about scraped over last summer’s abysmal 6,995, neatly sidestepping the fact we had 8,500 by the end of January. I mean, if you ever wanted a prime example of how that fool has diminished this football club.

The only hope for a respectable figure is that this second extension pushes a high number of the 2,250 existing ST holders who hadn’t renewed into doing so. But if they hadn’t renewed by now, will re-taking £30 off the price make much difference? I suppose we’ll see on the 1st July.

But not to worry, ‘he knows’ about all the disquiet around pricing, so here’s hoping for some sensible offers by about 2030.

2030 is a bit optimistic but I suppose we all are entitled to dream.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, only2garners said:

The point Steve was making there was that he would not be able to mail many previous ST orders because the club don’t have permission to contact them due to the GDPR rules.

Please inform Steve Waggott:

The GDPR rules do not apply in the UK after the end of the Brexit transition period on 31 December 2020.

• Like 1

I've been toying with returning as a season ticket holder for the first time since 2012 (when I moved down south, not just because of the bald git). 

Doing the maths though, I just don't see how it makes any sense. Presumably, there will be a lot of midweek games (moreso than usual) due to the World Cup. Work and distance make that a difficult one. There's essentially no difference between me having a season ticket and going to 15/16 games versus just buying match tickets for said games. So whilst I will be there on Saturdays bumping up the attendance I'm not going to bother paying upfront. Now if the club wanted to be clever, I'm sure they could increase their upfront/guaranteed cash flow by thinking outside the box and offering a weekend only ticket or a 16 game ticket etc. 

• Like 1

I’m not sure there will be that many more night games, as the season is kicking off a week earlier, and two weeks of the Championship WC shut down period would’ve been the usual November international break anyway.

Suppose we’ll see on Thursday.

Edited by Mattyblue

An intriguing question for some on here.

How many of those forum members who are decrying the number of season tickets sold to date have actually bought one themselves?

And before anyone suggests its a dig, a goad or anything else, its a simple question!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wheelton Blue said:

I imagine that a good number of lapsed ST holders would still buy occasional match tickets, hence would still be on the customer database, and would be contactable per GDPR rules.

No excuse whatsoever to not target this group.

If you buy tickets from the club shop/ticket office face to face do they ask you for your name? 

4 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Why does it matter? Can you not have an opinion if you can’t afford it, live too far away or have other priorities in life?

Absolutely not its about getting some stats on the issue so no one should be frightened of saying otherwise !

20 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

If you buy tickets from the club shop/ticket office face to face do they ask you for your name? 

I've no idea, I buy them on line.

But to answer your question....if they don't ask for the customer's name, they flippin' well should do! That's basic stuff.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 1864roverite said:

How many of those forum members who are decrying the number of season tickets sold to date have actually bought one themselves?

And before anyone suggests its a dig, a goad or anything else, its a simple question!

Surely if anything it would make sense that people on here who are "decrying" the terrible sales figures haven't or can't buy one due to the very same pricing and advertising campaigns to which are rightfully being lambasted?

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Surely if anything it would make sense that people on here who are "decrying" the terrible sales figures haven't or can't buy one due to the very same pricing and advertising campaigns to which are rightfully being lambasted?

Not necessarily so for example they might just be moaning 👍

Just now, 1864roverite said:

Are there not valid reasons to "moan" or indeed constructively criticise the continuously ineffective pricing and advertising strategies, as seen by the poor sales?

I would like to think that Waggott has more of an open mind in regards to the poor sales figures and indeed the criticisms from supporters but based on his actions, seemingly not.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

I’ve bought mine. I’ve spent too long previously denying myself of something I have enjoyed for almost my entire life in what I recognise as a futile protest.

I still think the pricing is badly misjudged and the offering woefully inflexible. There also needs to be added value around match day experience.  The disappointing (and even if we beat last seasons total, sub 10k in poor) sales show that the club needs to address these issues, but repeatedly fails to do so.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

So your saying Chaddy might just be moaning for the sake of it?

Rather than thinking the club are genuinely pricing their tickets too high for the prosperity of the area they are based in?

Edited by Hasta

The die hards will always renew. Regardless of cost, regardless of regime, regardless of quality. If necessary family holidays will go out of the window, weddings scheduled out of season, etc. I’m sure everyone knows at least one, might even be one. Lives that revolve around the fixture list. In a way the club shouldn’t be targeting them.

Rovers have to engage with the floating fans. Those who will take or leave a game even for something as trivial as there’s a programme on the tele, it’s a bit cold or those who would otherwise if wasn’t so expensive but prioritise other things instead. The psychology of having a season ticket is huge it gets people off their backsides.

Even under this crappy regime I really think if the price was right and a bit of excitement (jdt seems to fit the bill for many) then should be aiming for 12-15k season tickets. The fact we haven’t got anywhere near these numbers in my opinion is a poor reflection on how the club is run. 

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, matt83 said:

The die hards will always renew. Regardless of cost, regardless of regime, regardless of quality. If necessary family holidays will go out of the window, weddings scheduled out of season, etc. I’m sure everyone knows at least one, might even be one. Lives that revolve around the fixture list. In a way the club shouldn’t be targeting them.

Rovers have to engage with the floating fans. Those who will take or leave a game even for something as trivial as there’s a programme on the tele, it’s a bit cold or those who would otherwise if wasn’t so expensive but prioritise other things instead. The psychology of having a season ticket is huge it gets people off their backsides.

Even under this crappy regime I really think if the price was right and a bit of excitement (jdt seems to fit the bill for many) then should be aiming for 12-15k season tickets. The fact we haven’t got anywhere near these numbers in my opinion is a poor reflection on how the club is run. 

100%. A key problem is that the club (as well as a number on here which exacerbates the problem) seemingly cannot fathom that supporters of any club differ wildly in their desire to attend matches and their personal circumstances. Many supporters choose to see this as an opportunity to criticise and berate other supporters, showing a lack of empathy. The club just sees this as an uncontrollable condition that they try and tackle through aggressive committment questioning campaigns.

Edited by roversfan99