Season Ticket Estimate

Latest: 7,425 (-1)

Previous Updates
Monday 20th June: 7,426 (+221)
Sunday 19th June 2022: 7,205 (+15)
Saturday 18th June 2022: 7,190 (+108)

Friday 17th June 2022: 7,082 (+8)
Thursday 16th June 2022: 7,074 (+39)
Wednesday 15th June 2022: 7,035 (first count)

Notes & Disclaimers

• This is an estimate based on visibility of true seat availability in the ticketing seat map.
  • (+xx) represents the number of season tickets sold since the previous estimate (usually 24 hours).
  • 159 unavailable seats in W01 are not saleable and therefore excluded from the estimate.
  • A seat is marked as unavailable for up to 28 minutes when added to the basket. It is not possible to exclude these from the estimate.
  • ~2,256 unavailable seats are reserved for last season's non-renewers until 30th June. These are excluded from the estimate until visibility of true seat availability returns.

What about corporate boxes?

21 minutes ago, JBiz said:

You’re using a salary of one player but you’re probably in the majority of people who want to see us employ probably another 3 minimum players.

Yet you’d advocate us dropping enough turnover to employ one we already have.

Doesn't really have any effect on who we sign or don't under this ownership model.

Might affect how much is spent on stadium maintenance or level of pitch investment under cutback Steve though.

42 minutes ago, JBiz said:

Do I want more fans in the stadium? Absolutely. Just not convinced a £100 or something off the price means you’ll convince 5000 people to turn up.

You're probably right on this point. There is more to it than just offering a lower price and assuming thousands more decide to buy.

The attitude at Rovers seems to be that people will come and get one if they want one. Next to no proactivity. Printing off a price list and posting it out to all existing season ticket holders is really schoolboy stuff.

Preston have sold their highest amount in 50 years, this during an economic mess, off the back of a pandemic and following a mediocre season where they floated around the bottom half. Yet they've come up with pricing that people like, have made a managerial appointment people like and have promoted it properly - I've heard of people out in Garstang and Clitheroe putting flyers through doors advertising tickets.

Have Rovers done similar? No they haven't.

For the second time in 5 years we've been sat in a glorious position in February with a promotion push to look forward to in the run in. People respond to these sort of things. Yet on neither of those occasions have we so much as announced season ticket prices until after the end of the season. That is madness. 

The one thing drifting support will respond to more than anything is a promotion push and winning games, we've had that in the palms of our hands and done nothing to capitalise on it.

Season tickets should have been on sale and pushed relentlessly to the 5000+ matchday buyers turning up at Ewood in the second half of last season. Get them signed up whilst the going is good and the feeling is positive. Give them 20% early bird discount to buy before the end of April (or something along those lines) to give them a genuine reason to get in there quickly and hand over their money.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, JHRover said:

You're probably right on this point. There is more to it than just offering a lower price and assuming thousands more decide to buy.

The attitude at Rovers seems to be that people will come and get one if they want one. Next to no proactivity. Printing off a price list and posting it out to all existing season ticket holders is really schoolboy stuff.

Preston have sold their highest amount in 50 years, this during an economic mess, off the back of a pandemic and following a mediocre season where they floated around the bottom half. Yet they've come up with pricing that people like, have made a managerial appointment people like and have promoted it properly - I've heard of people out in Garstang and Clitheroe putting flyers through doors advertising tickets.

Have Rovers done similar? No they haven't.

For the second time in 5 years we've been sat in a glorious position in February with a promotion push to look forward to in the run in. People respond to these sort of things. Yet on neither of those occasions have we so much as announced season ticket prices until after the end of the season. That is madness. 

The one thing drifting support will respond to more than anything is a promotion push and winning games, we've had that in the palms of our hands and done nothing to capitalise on it.

Season tickets should have been on sale and pushed relentlessly to the 5000+ matchday buyers turning up at Ewood in the second half of last season. Get them signed up whilst the going is good and the feeling is positive. Give them 20% early bird discount to buy before the end of April (or something along those lines) to give them a genuine reason to get in there quickly and hand over their money.

You know JHR - for all the falling out and arguing it’s clear you’re an exceptionally astute mind - we both know that the scenario were in is a knock on effect of our ownership.

I genuinely think the only are we’re disagreeing on this is commercial advertising as opposed to price.

Whilst i stand by the notion that preston are on the crest of a wave - their expectation is minimal, I agree that there is too much of a disparity between our sales and theirs.

That difference comes down to expectation for me. 

Imagine a supporting a team that hadn’t been top tier for donkeys? Even a moderate step towards progress is easy to sell.

8th position for a team that’s suffered a manufactured decline? How do you convince thousands of people to look past that?

Whilst I’m not on for oversimplification; Price isn’t the answer. Results are more important.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, darrenrover said:

Last season the average PNE home attendance was 11,564 including away followings.

It’s about par with recent history over the years.

All of a sudden, we’re led to believe that North End have miraculously sold 13k season tickets for next season because they’re skint and now are selling season tickets for pennies!

Burnley have been terracing Pendle Hill for 20 years because of demand and clamour for tickets. Fact is despite a capacity of just shy of 21k at Turf Moor and 7/8 years in The PL, the tickets sold out sign has NEVER gone up!

Please stop beating ourselves up at every juncture, for me there’s only kudos due to Accy Stanley amongst our local clubs (Bolton perhaps too), as shit as we may have been at times, please don’t compare us with the others because there is no comparison (IMO…disclaimer!)

Preston ran a brilliant campaign for their brilliant early bird prices and with a manager the fans are right behind they’ve managed to shift 12/13k. Led to believe? It’s the truth and if anyone deserves “kudos” it’s them. I think we would have surpassed 10k if we ran a similar priced early bird offer and the JDT appointment was made earlier but seen as JDT wasn’t pursued until GB came in then that was never going to be possible which is a shame but I guess that can’t be helped. 

Our prices are way to expensive and the cringy #OneOfOurOwn videos are laughable but we all know that already. Hopefully this is Waggotts last year in the job and next summer we can take a different strategy and see how it goes. 👍🏻

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

So you weren’t happy with the price then, as you want to see the fanbase grow and this ain’t the way to do it, me too, and I also bought one in April.

P.s how about not having me or a dozen other folk on ignore and just try having a debate

I have stated my view point on that subject. Yes we grow the fanbase. 

Already stated my views on price of my own season ticket price. I can't be any clearer than that

Can you clarify this point you keep making about Preston? ‘Crest of a wave’, ‘highest point they’ve been in years’ etc.

They really weren’t on one, they finished 13th, never had even a sniff of the top 6, it was one of their worst seasons in years. Their fans were certainly not happy in the run in. 

Without cheap tickets they would’ve sold their standard 7/8k. Their spike is purely on price (plus a very proactive marketing campaign).

Rovers are a different club with different issues, however post JDT we are also on a bit of a ‘wave’, therefore I believe a £300/£325-ish entry point (note not Bolton style £219, or even PNE £280), would have harnessed that spike much more than our actual entry point of £400 to £430. Also charging potential new and retuning ST holders more is a bizarre way to try and grow, very Royston Vasey. One product, one price.

Lets hope everything we’ve seen across the local clubs this summer and the struggles here is food for thought next summer (though unfortunately I believe SW is far too entrenched in his thinking to change course now).

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

I've been informed that when they get to 11k then the cheap prices are creating the same profit as selling less for more money....they will have probably 15k plus on for most games and seemingly a fairly happy set of fans.  Why is it so difficult for us to work out?🤷‍♂️

Not to mention the extra revenues from around and inside the ground from the large gates....

It's so basic that any competent ten year old could understand. 

As with most things at this club the ticket pricing required the tiniest bit of initiative and effort so as per usual it was put in the too hard basket.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Can you clarify this point you keep making about Preston? ‘Crest of a wave’, ‘highest point they’ve been in years’ etc.

They really weren’t on one, they finished 13th, never had even a sniff of the top 6, they’ve done better than that in most other recent seasons. Their fans were certainly not happy in the run in. 

Without cheap tickets they would’ve sold their standard 7/8k. Their spike is purely on price (plus a very proactive marketing campaign).

Rovers are a different club with different issues, however post JDT we are also on a bit of a ‘wave’, therefore I believe a £300/£325-ish entry point (note not Bolton style £219, or even PNE £280), would have harnessed that spike much more than our actual entry point of £400 to £430. Also charging potential new and retuning ST holders more is a bizarre way to try and grow, very Royston Vasey. One product, one price.

Lets hope everything we’ve seen across the local clubs this summer and the struggles here is food for thought next summer (though unfortunately I believe SW is far too entrenched in his thinking to change course now).

It won't be. All the other clubs were well into shifting big numbers by the time season ticket prices were even a thought down at Ewood. 

The people in charge are either complete morons or they are deliberately trying to degrade the fanbase.

9 hours ago, darrenrover said:

I do but I don’t believe the moon is made of Blacksticks Blue or Gorgonzola either!

Just checking I'm not misreading this. 

Are you saying these clubs are lying on their website about how many tickets they have sold? If so I struggle to see why they would or even if they could do so. 

And if this is your stance, I'm a bit confused as to how you can be sceptical of the veracity of the ticket sales yet are accepting as to how the owners/CEO have the best intentions for our club. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I came up with different ideas and suggested the club could have bought and run a couple of pubs near the ground to improve income and the experience for fans. Plus generate income on non match days

Chaddy the Dreamer.  I take it you've not been to the pubs round Ewood on non matchday?  Rovers can't even  make the blues bar pay in the week.🙄

Cheaper entry ticket, cheaper everything is what's needed....look down the road at the nobbers mate....big gates every week down there whilst we can't spunk 6k

We usually sell more than PNE, so he is dubious that they will suddenly sell more than us this year. Fair enough position to take.

But he wasn’t aware of their enticing pricing and the figures they are publishing on their own official website, until we told him, so it’s fairly obvious that they have overtaken us, and why, but he still won’t have it!

• Like 2

Regarding prices:

The problem, IMO, is not the prices of sections such as the JWU where I sit. I'm more than happy to pay a premium, for what I think is a superb vantage point.

The problem is more to do with the cheapest seats (BBE,RS), as has been pointed out by other posters. These seats are priced prohibitively with regard to attracting new customers. In other words, the 'entry point' is too high.

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Chaddy the Dreamer.  I take it you've not been to the pubs round Ewood on non matchday?  Rovers can't even  make the blues bar pay in the week.🙄

Cheaper entry ticket, cheaper everything is what's needed....look down the road at the nobbers mate....big gates every week down there whilst we can't spunk 6k

The idea of the club buying pubs is laughable. Why would the club invest in a failing industry and in venues which can only cater to what, a couple of hundred people?

The club should focus on attracting as many fans as possible to the stadium, as early as possible, in order to maximise revenue on food/drinks and improve the overall match day experience.

• Like 5

Basic GCSE business studies states you have to entice the consumer. You can either do that by making a desirable product or having a price where people think it's worth giving it a go. 

Results is imo the primary thing but given we have had another collapse and given the product (for all JDT's positive intro) is limited in the amount it can be improved for the consumer in the close season then the price has to be competitive and an attraction. Add in the cost of living crisis and price becomes even more pertinent. 

If this is basic GCSE business stuff than how come our CEO and marketing team can't get it? 

• Like 1

Just now, Blue blood said:

Basic GCSE business studies states you have to entice the consumer. You can either do that by making a desirable product or having a price where people think it's worth giving it a go. 

Results is imo the primary thing but given we have had another collapse and given the product (for all JDT's positive intro) is limited in the amount it can be improved for the consumer in the close season then the price has to be competitive and an attraction. Add in the cost of living crisis and price becomes even more pertinent. 

If this is basic GCSE business stuff than how come our CEO and marketing team can't get it? 

Because they are as thick as pig shit.

Or they are deliberately trying to destroy the fanbase.

It seems anyone on here who has got a foot under the table - or so they think - at the club suddenly assumes their stance on pricing.

Same old story 'it doesn't bother me so..' which totally reflects the noises coming out of the club.  Buy or don't buy it's up to you we still get our wages.

Shockingly bad i'm alright Jack attitudes which no doubt will be followed by more digs at the public when the evidence is on show inside Ewood next season. 

• Like 9

8 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

The idea of the club buying pubs is laughable. Why would the club invest in a failing industry and in venues which can only cater to what, a couple of hundred people?

The club should focus on attracting as many fans as possible to the stadium, as early as possible, in order to maximise revenue on food/drinks and improve the overall match day experience.

100%

Restore Blues Bar to its former glory, utilise the ‘Fan Zone’ outside the BEnd much better.

Plenty to work with on our own footprint without buying bloody pubs! 

• Like 8

23 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

We usually sell more than PNE, so he is dubious that they will suddenly sell more than us this year. Fair enough position to take.

But he wasn’t aware of their enticing pricing and the figures they are publishing on their own official website, until we told him, so it’s fairly obvious that they have overtaken us, and why, but he still won’t have it!

Isn’t ‘he’ allegedly having dinners and trying to give advice to Waggot / in Waggots pocket? 

If so it’s all rather worrying that he’s unaware of all this. 

2 hours ago, tomphil said:

It seems anyone on here who has got a foot under the table - or so they think - at the club suddenly assumes their stance on pricing.

Same old story 'it doesn't bother me so..' which totally reflects the noises coming out of the club.  Buy or don't buy it's up to you we still get our wages.

Shockingly bad i'm alright Jack attitudes which no doubt will be followed by more digs at the public when the evidence is on show inside Ewood next season. 

It's exactly that. You look at some posts and it might as well be swag himself typing certain lines. It isn't, but you can spot the bits where club propaganda is being repeated on here.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Was is idea 10 or 15 years I had. 

You could have a sport bar, restaurant with a bar, Have one for bands playing after the game or on Friday/Saturday nights

The food prices and quality need to overhauling massive. I won't buy it and I rather go to Burger van outside the Ground. 

improve the match day experience? can you explain what you mean by this? 

28 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

You could have a sport bar, restaurant with a bar, Have one for bands playing after the game or on Friday/Saturday nights

That’s called the ‘Blues Bar’, it just needs restoring to its former glory.

First step get all that fantastic Rovers memorabilia it used to have out of storage and get it back up on the walls (presuming they haven’t lobbed it all). 

One of many bizarre decisions, a bit like removing those fantastic timeline murals at both corners of the Jack Walker…

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 4

23 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

That’s called the ‘Blues Bar’, it just needs restoring to its former glory.

First step get all that fantastic Rovers memorabilia it used to have out of storage and get it back up on the walls (presuming they haven’t lobbed it all). 

One of many bizarre decisions, a bit like removing those fantastic timeline murals at both corners of the Jack Walker…

not been in since Covid.