BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season tickets 2022/23

4 hours ago, darrenrover said:

Just to clarify, various points that you and others have raised:

I tend not to take much notice of what is publicised on websites or social media in general but much prefer to solicit my own information and actual facts from the contacts that I and other colleagues have made over the years both inside and outside football.

PNE: I know David Robinson (a Director of PNE) extremely well and speak with him regularly. He states that they are pleased with how season ticket sales have gone but that the publicised ‘sales’ include all corporates, proposed ‘freebies’ and those issued to members of staff. Whilst reasonably pleased, they are conscious that Revenue derived is less than they’d have wished.

Whilst that’s but one local comparison, I thought that I’d share it to highlight the views held by some that what Rovers are doing is poor and our neighbours are doing much better. It simply isn’t true….compare apples with apples because the only info regarding Rovers sales by comparison has been done by utilisation of a flawed platform of seat availability.

Whilst there is much to be improved on at Ewood behind the scenes (not least of which the ticketing platform and portal), I want to stress that there is a genuine desire to do so and that ‘they’ are listening.

Be constructively critical everyone by all means, that’s healthy feedback and a good source of ideas. Please stop beating ourselves up though, at times it appears just for the sake of it!

COYB! RTID! 💙🤍

That's a helpful and appreciated reply. I still can't get away from the fact that even when you factor in your other info PNE - a much smaller club than us - are still doing better with season ticket sales, which really isn't good. When you consider the fan base we had, goodness just consider the potential fan base from the last game of the League 1 season or even the sales of ST under Bowyer, you can see we are massively underperforming in this area. 

As for "them" caring. I'll believe it when I see it, and as yet one potentially good managerial appointment aside, there is very little to suggest they care or are listening. Just two pieces of evidence on this: TM staying in post all season despite a second half season collapse of epic proportions and season ticket prices. On top of the previous 11 years of misrule I think it's fairly safe to say they don't give the proverbial flying... 

• Like 3

Yet again it needs pointing out Preston and others sold the majority of theirs on vastly reduced prices compared to Rovers.

Doesn't really matter what the comparisons are right now the ship has sailed.

The denial on this is embarrassing to say the least but company men are company men i suppose.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

He doesn't get it.

PNE have 12k with complementaries.

We have 7k without.

Therefore, we'd need to dish out 5k complementaries just to match them.

But yeah, we're 'much improved'.

Though some of those 7k are probably complementaries, a grey dot is a grey dot. So in reality we’ve less than 7k paid 2022/23 ST holders as of last week.

Edited by Mattyblue

Bums on seats create an Atmosphere, id rather have 15k with the same revenue of 9k season ticket holders.

It increases match day revenue in other areas, whilst has a greater impact in growing the supporter base.

However you get to the number, with your sales/complimentary/subsidised is irrelevant.

An ewood with 18k plus inc away fans is a rocking ewood, its that 12th man the management and players always elude to.

Making Ewood a Fortress which teams dont want to come to, is vital

• Like 7

2 hours ago, darrenrover said:

Compare at your leisure:

PNE 2022/23 Season Card Prices

Premium

Sir Tom Finney Stand & Invincibles Pavilion

(D/E/F)

Invincibles Pavilion

(B/C/G/H)

Sir Tom Finney Stand

(A/B/C/G/H/J)

Family Zone

Sir Tom Finney Stand

(A/B/C)

Alan Kelly Town End

(AB-AH)

Adults (25-64)

£535

£475

£475

£400

£400

Seniors (65+)

£380

£300

£300

£280

£280

Young Adults (19-24)

£380

£300

£300

£280

£280

Juniors (11-18)

£125

£125

£80 (A/B/C)
£125 (G/H/J)

£80

£125

Under 11s (0-10)

FREE

FREE

FREE

FREE

FREE

Adult Disabled Supporters

£315

£295

£295

£270

£270

Concession Disabled Supporters 

£260

£240

£240

£240

£240

Family Zone: prices only applicable when purchasing with a junior or under 11 in the same transaction. Otherwise Sir Tom Finney stand prices will apply.
All under 14s must be accompanied by an adult.
A maximum of four under 14s can be purchased per adult ticket.

You mentioned in an earlier post about not comparing apples with apples but that's exactly what you are not doing. A fairer comparison would be to ask your PNE contact how many they sold at the early bird price.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

You mentioned in an earlier post about not comparing apples with apples but that's exactly what you are not doing. A fairer comparison would be to ask your PNE contact how many they sold at the early bird price.

Come on Tony, I really couldn’t care less about splitting hairs, could you?

I shared the general context regarding football from  numerous conversations between David and I about all sorts of matters, most none related to football.

I just shared on here what I felt relevant to the discussion from a different perspective.

I thought HMRC banned clubs from giving free STs to staff as its considered a benefit in kind? Certainly Rovers have now had to stop, so I see no reason why PNE or other would be allowed.

2 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

I shared the general context regarding football from  numerous conversations between David and I about all sorts of matters, most none related to football.

I just shared on here what I felt relevant to the discussion from a different perspective.

I don't think using an unfair comparison is splitting hairs. Had we had an Early Bird offer similar to Preston do you think we'd be at the 7,000 or so sales right now? That's the real nub of the debate for me that other clubs of similar stature can incentivise offers but we just say same as last year. No imagination or feel for the fans and it appears very little effort to grow the fan base.

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, J*B said:

I thought HMRC banned clubs from giving free STs to staff as its considered a benefit in kind? Certainly Rovers have now had to stop, so I see no reason why PNE or other would be allowed.

It is a contractual benefit in kind, correct and always has been. Nothing new here Josh, ask Duncan!

17 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

You didn't just share info, though did you?

'Whilst that’s but one local comparison, I thought that I’d share it to highlight the views held by some that what Rovers are doing is poor and our neighbours are doing much better. It simply isn’t true….'

You made the above statement in your original post, the implication being that you don't believe that our ST sales figures are poor, and that PNE have overstated theirs.

The reality is that PNE have sold c12,000 tickets (with or with out complementaries - we don't know) but that Rovers have only sold c7,000 tickets. Spin that how you like, but, to me at least, there's no hiding from the fact that PNE have done a far better job.

• Like 5

I think Rovers stopped with the free season tickets when Waggott twigged that it meant hundreds of staff members including Community Trust were each getting 2 free season tickets and were able to dish these out to whoever they wanted.

Probably saw the best part of 600-700 freebies and I think Waggott thought people would buy instead if that loop was closed.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Wheelton Blue said:

He doesn't get it.

PNE have 12k with complementaries.

We have 7k without.

Therefore, we'd need to dish out 5k complementaries just to match them.

But yeah, we're 'much improved'.

Not strictly true. 

We've sold 7.5k upto now with around 2.5k yet to renew.

We won't know how many of these will until the end of the extension. 

Don't forget, those that didn't renew fell 'before' the announcement of JDT and GB

To coin an old TM expression, let's wait and see. 

That I do agree with, we’ll see in a week.

However, plenty of those 2.5k just won’t renew, every summer plenty don’t for a plethora of reasons.

So to push that appalling 7.5k to something remotely acceptable we need plenty of new and returning fans to not only take their place but to actually push sales on - you know those Rovers fans that have to pay a £30 surcharge for the same product for god knows what reason…

Edited by Mattyblue

8 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

We might shift 50 when the fixtures come out today. And then another 50 before next week's deadline.

Loyalty scheme renewals from 17th-30th June aren't included in my estimates because I would have to assume either all ~2,256 of them have renewed, or all ~2,256 haven't renewed. I've gone with the latter because it would only serve to disappoint later if I didn't.

After 30th June, I should get true visibility of those ~2,256 seats that have been held for non-renwers. I expect it will give a boost to my estimates thereafter, but whether that's in the tens, hundreds, or thousands, remains to be seen.

In the meantime, it seems we're selling an average of 11 new season tickets per day, although the last two days of sales have been virtually non-existent.

Just now, Mattyblue said:

you know the ones that have to pay a £30 surcharge for god knows what reason…

Because they aren't loyal.

That's the way he wants to play this. Never mind that people may have agonised about giving up their season ticket, people who were afraid of Covid risk, people who have lost jobs or income during the last couple of years, people who are struggling now with the economic situation. Nope, if you are renewing from last season you are loyal and qualify for the 'discount' whereas if you aren't renewing, aren't decided, aren't sure if you can or for a plethora of reasons couldn't get one last season you don't qualify so full price it is.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Because they aren't loyal.

That's the way he wants to play this. Never mind that people may have agonised about giving up their season ticket, people who were afraid of Covid risk, people who have lost jobs or income during the last couple of years, people who are struggling now with the economic situation. Nope, if you are renewing from last season you are loyal and qualify for the 'discount' whereas if you aren't renewing, aren't decided, aren't sure if you can or for a plethora of reasons couldn't get one last season you don't qualify so full price it is.

Or with a 2022/23 season ticket, you too can call yourself "one of our own", is a tweet i think saw this week.

The rest of you i guess aint

• Backroom
4 hours ago, JHRover said:

I think Rovers stopped with the free season tickets when Waggott twigged that it meant hundreds of staff members including Community Trust were each getting 2 free season tickets and were able to dish these out to whoever they wanted.

Probably saw the best part of 600-700 freebies and I think Waggott thought people would buy instead if that loop was closed.

I never understood why they suddenly stopped doing free under 8 tickets in the family stand, they had been around as long as I could remember then suddenly £60

• Like 2