BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season tickets 2022/23

1 hour ago, JBiz said:

It doesn’t blow any “apologist” FACTS about how thousands have walked away,  not because of PRICE but success.

Burnley despite relegation are still in a decent position with squad and expectation, PNE are close to as high as they’ve been for years and Bolton have a new ownership and a “positive” on our way back message.

In terms of necessary turnover, Burnley start the season with £35m+ in sponsor compared to our 5m, Preston save around £8m a year compared to us in terms of facilities, and wage outgoings for third and fourth tier clubs is a fraction of the competitive championship.

What does all that mean? People with different opinions to your constant moaning aren’t “apologists”. They’re probably far closer to the pulse, at least in my opinion.

Those desperate for cheaper prices, but also desperate for investment in the team surely need to read about the FFP rules, parachute payments

We have billionaire owners, lose almost £20 million a year, have recently sold a striker for £15 million and will probably do so again this summer, 

Preston don't have any of the above, yet have been able to offer prices much lower than us and put our sales to shame, all whilst losing less per year and performing just as well in the league, and also investing in facilities which have been neglected here.

13,000 sales at £250 brings in more money than 8,000 at £400. So looks like there's a good chance that despite these prices PNE  will have brought in more cash for FFP calculations and that's before the benefit on atmosphere and income from food and drink.

Rivals show it can be done, which defeats the convenient narrative established here over the last few years under FFP and parachute excuses are being shown up as false.

It can be done, we just don't want to.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

13,000 sales at £250 brings in more money than 8,000 at £400. So looks like there's a good chance that despite these prices PNE  will have brought in more cash for FFP calculations and that's before the benefit on atmosphere and income from food and drink.

only just bring in more money just of season tickets cost. 

But agree on the income from food and drink. 

18 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Only just… and have the advantage of 5,000 extra fans spending money on the concourse and importantly - which it seems everyone has forgotten - supporting the team!!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

So all these fans can’t afford £400 for a ST but have seemingly deep pockets to buy substandard food & overpriced beer? 

What a load of rubbish. I stand by my original comments. It’s a fair price and the club have seen sense by extending the early bird offer. Slightly biased but the product on offer at Ewood is significantly better than Bolton or Preston. No guarantees their early birders will go on every week anyway if they’re not doing well!

We the Rovers, Pride of Lancashire and  Come On You Blues! 🌹 

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

We have billionaire owners, lose almost £20 million a year, have recently sold a striker for £15 million and will probably do so again this summer, 

Preston don't have any of the above, yet have been able to offer prices much lower than us and put our sales to shame, all whilst losing less per year and performing just as well in the league, and also investing in facilities which have been neglected here.

Rivals show it can be done, which defeats the convenient narrative established here over the last few years under FFP and parachute excuses are being shown up as false.

It can be done, we just don't want to.

You seem to be forgetting that a lot of Prestons sales were free under 12's. What you've posted is not really a fair reflection. 

Had Swaggot done something similar and not just in the family stand, I reckon we'd have shifted a few k more. 

You can look at it anyway you want, it's absolutely abysmal marketing from Swaggot and his team.

Edited by damo100

So (some) ST holders who can afford it say "prices are fine, stop moaning".

None ST holders who can't afford it are priced out of getting a ST.

Conclusion, some ST holders are just not bothered about more people buying STs.

Personally I think the prices are great. Way too cheap if anything. If they were 600 or 700 then our owners may have signed the cheque for the new pitch, or rebuilt the Riverside, or even bought a tin of paint. This is the fault of those fans who constantly complain and don't buy a ST.

Oh hang on... that's me... Now Fuck Off Venkys and I will buy one tomorrow.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, DuffsLeftPeg said:

So all these fans can’t afford £400 for a ST but have seemingly deep pockets to buy substandard food & overpriced beer? 

What a load of rubbish. I stand by my original comments. It’s a fair price and the club have seen sense by extending the early bird offer. Slightly biased but the product on offer at Ewood is significantly better than Bolton or Preston. No guarantees their early birders will go on every week anyway if they’re not doing well!

Yet we’ve sold substantially less than them, which is a bit odd considering it’s a fair price and a significantly better product…

Edited by Mattyblue

3 hours ago, JBiz said:

Bolton… you mean those lads in a lower league, sold all their infrastructure (IE lower running costs) under previous ownership, less competitive wages for top players in the division… no debt?

Wonder why their turnover might not be as important.

Okay if not Bolton then try the 20 or so Championship teams to all have cheaper tickets than us. 
Beggars belief some of the nonsense on here. 

Edited by superniko
  • Like 6

40 minutes ago, damo100 said:

You seem to be forgetting that a lot of Prestons sales were free under 12's. What you've posted is not really a fair reflection. 

Had Swaggot done something similar and not just in the family stand, I reckon we'd have shifted a few k more. 

You can look at it anyway you want, it's absolutely abysmal marketing from Swaggot and his team.

I've been informed that when they get to 11k then the cheap prices are creating the same profit as selling less for more money....they will have probably 15k plus on for most games and seemingly a fairly happy set of fans.  Why is it so difficult for us to work out?🤷‍♂️

Not to mention the extra revenues from around and inside the ground from the large gates....

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, J*B said:

Only just… and have the advantage of 5,000 extra fans spending money on the concourse and importantly - which it seems everyone has forgotten - supporting the team!!

I said just on the buying of season ticket not including spending on the concourse. 

53 minutes ago, DuffsLeftPeg said:

I was happy with the price as I thought that what it would be before it was announced. 

I don't like food Rovers sell as it overpriced and poor quality. Drinks are over priced. 

I came up with different ideas and suggested the club could have bought and run a couple of pubs near the ground to improve income and the experience for fans. Plus generate income on non match days

• Like 1

Last season the average PNE home attendance was 11,564 including away followings.

It’s about par with recent history over the years.

All of a sudden, we’re led to believe that North End have miraculously sold 13k season tickets for next season because they’re skint and now are selling season tickets for pennies!

Burnley have been terracing Pendle Hill for 20 years because of demand and clamour for tickets. Fact is despite a capacity of just shy of 21k at Turf Moor and 7/8 years in The PL, the tickets sold out sign has NEVER gone up!

Please stop beating ourselves up at every juncture, for me there’s only kudos due to Accy Stanley amongst our local clubs (Bolton perhaps too), as shit as we may have been at times, please don’t compare us with the others because there is no comparison (IMO…disclaimer!)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

No you weren’t, you made multiple posts outlining how you would have priced it much cheaper with examples.

I reply just this once Matty, That was a desire to grow the fans attending match days and increase the attendance. 

I was always going to renew my season ticket as it a priority for me and the fact I bought it the day after the Bournemouth Home game shows that

6 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

Last season the average PNE home attendance was 11,564 including away followings.

It’s about par with recent history over the years.

All of a sudden, we’re led to believe that North End have miraculously sold 13k season tickets for next season because they’re skint and now are selling season tickets for pennies!

Burnley have been terracing Pendle Hill for 20 years because of demand and clamour for tickets. Fact is despite a capacity of just shy of 21k at Turf Moor and 7/8 years in The PL, the tickets sold out sign has NEVER gone up!

Please stop beating ourselves up at every juncture, for me there’s only kudos due to Accy Stanley amongst our local clubs (Bolton perhaps too), as shit as we may have been at times, please don’t compare us with the others because there is no comparison (IMO…disclaimer!)

Regardless of sales, can we not just compare the price to the other 23 Championship clubs? That’s surely a fair comparison. 
(Disclaimer: it’s higher than our finishing position has been in all of the last 10 seasons)

• Like 2

‘Led to believe’, it’s literally on their club website (12,000, by the way, not 13, but perhaps they’ll hit that by KO). If you don’t bother looking at what other clubs have sold, fair enough, but you can’t then come on here making comparisons!

Its not a ‘miracle’, they were just offering tickets £120 to £150 cheaper in the ‘normal stands’ than us.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I reply just this once Matty, That was a desire to grow the fans attending match days and increase the attendance. 

I was always going to renew my season ticket as it a priority for me and the fact I bought it the day after the Bournemouth Home game shows that

So you weren’t happy with the price then, as you want to see the fanbase grow and this ain’t the way to do it, me too, and I also bought one in April.

P.s how about not having me or a dozen other folk on ignore and just try having a debate

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, superniko said:

Regardless of sales, can we not just compare the price to the other 23 Championship clubs? That’s surely a fair comparison. 
(Disclaimer: it’s higher than our finishing position has been in all of the last 10 seasons)

Just like our debt and expectation then?

18 minutes ago, JBiz said:

Just like our debt and expectation then?

I don’t understand - if our expectations are low then why are we expected (and you defending) to pay one of the highest season tickets in the whole division? We’ve never finished in the playoffs yet we’re charged prices to suggest we are / have been - not even touching on the economic situation and club competition in and around Blackburn  

You do realise the difference between 7,000 at £399 and 7,000 at £299 is £700,000 - about the yearly wage of an average player in our team? I.e we could sell tickets at £260 for the cost of Daniel Ayalas yearly salary. 
Therefore, it does absolutely nothing (or close to nothing to be precise) for our debt / income etc. which you’re trying to defend.
That takes into account zero increase in sales from the cheaper tickets and zero increase in sales within the stadium (food/drink or even people buying a shirt as they have saved on the ticket etc.) which is guaranteed. 

Edited by superniko

1 hour ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

So (some) ST holders who can afford it say "prices are fine, stop moaning".

None ST holders who can't afford it are priced out of getting a ST.

Conclusion, some ST holders are just not bothered about more people buying STs.

This is mad - I mean, my personal circumstances are irrelevant. 

Do I want more fans in the stadium? Absolutely. Just not convinced a £100 or something off the price means you’ll convince 5000 people to turn up.

Season Ticket Estimate

Latest: 7,425 (-1)

Previous Updates
Monday 20th June: 7,426 (+221)
Sunday 19th June 2022: 7,205 (+15)
Saturday 18th June 2022: 7,190 (+108)

Friday 17th June 2022: 7,082 (+8)
Thursday 16th June 2022: 7,074 (+39)
Wednesday 15th June 2022: 7,035 (first count)

Notes & Disclaimers

• This is an estimate based on visibility of true seat availability in the ticketing seat map.
  • (+xx) represents the number of season tickets sold since the previous estimate (usually 24 hours).
  • 159 unavailable seats in W01 are not saleable and therefore excluded from the estimate.
  • A seat is marked as unavailable for up to 28 minutes when added to the basket. It is not possible to exclude these from the estimate.
  • ~2,256 unavailable seats are reserved for last season's non-renewers until 30th June. These are excluded from the estimate until visibility of true seat availability returns.

55 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

‘Led to believe’, it’s literally on their club website (12,000, by the way, not 13, but perhaps they’ll hit that by KO). If you don’t bother looking at what other clubs have sold, fair enough, but you can’t then come on here making comparisons!

Its not a ‘miracle’, they were just offering tickets £120 to £150 cheaper in the ‘normal stands’ than us.

I do but I don’t believe the moon is made of Blacksticks Blue or Gorgonzola either!

I'm confused. It doesn't seem like 5 minutes ago we were being told that if it wasn't for the great and benevolent Venkys that we'd certainly go the same way as Blackpool, Wigan and Bolton.

Are we still on that and how come all that lot can charge so much less without those great owners?

1 minute ago, JHRover said:

I'm confused. It doesn't seem like 5 minutes ago we were being told that if it wasn't for the great and benevolent Venkys that we'd certainly go the same way as Blackpool, Wigan and Bolton.

Are we still on that and how come all that lot can charge so much less without those great owners?

Typically cynical.

Every scenario is individual. You know this but you’d rather ignore it.

We’re not fighting for survival or promotion from the third tier. Our collective expectations need turnover. That’s not opinion btw, that’s fact.

30 minutes ago, superniko said:

I don’t understand - if our expectations are low then why are we expected (and you defending) to pay one of the highest season tickets in the whole division? We’ve never finished in the playoffs yet we’re charged prices to suggest we are / have been - not even touching on the economic situation and club competition in and around Blackburn  

You do realise the difference between 7,000 at £399 and 7,000 at £299 is £700,000 - about the yearly wage of an average player in our team? I.e we could sell tickets at £260 for the cost of Daniel Ayalas yearly salary. 
Therefore, it does absolutely nothing (or close to nothing to be precise) for our debt / income etc. which you’re trying to defend.
That takes into account zero increase in sales from the cheaper tickets and zero increase in sales within the stadium (food/drink or even people buying a shirt as they have saved on the ticket etc.) which is guaranteed. 

You’re using a salary of one player but you’re probably in the majority of people who want to see us employ probably another 3 minimum players.

Yet you’d advocate us dropping enough turnover to employ one we already have.

11 minutes ago, JBiz said:

Typically cynical.

Every scenario is individual. You know this but you’d rather ignore it.

We’re not fighting for survival or promotion from the third tier. Our collective expectations need turnover. That’s not opinion btw, that’s fact.

Preston aren't in the 3rd division, nor Wigan. So how are they doing it without billionaires behind them picking up a large part of the tab?

They even do it whilst keeping their ground tidy and their pitch in working order.