BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season tickets 2022/23

36 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Pretty sure that relatively small shortfall is made up in other ways as well around the ground.

Also the more you have attending league games the better the chance of drawing a few more of those back for cup games.  Therefore taking a bit more money in those all paying for one match type games.

And making us a much more attractive candidate for tv. 

Not sure how this concept isn't understood by those in charge. Maybe they have learning difficulties or maybe they just don't give a fuck, who knows 🤷

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

And making us a much more attractive candidate for tv. 

Not sure how this concept isn't understood by those in charge. Maybe they have learning difficulties or maybe they just don't give a fuck, who knows 🤷

I think they just have certain modest targets to hit and the best way of guaranteeing it is the easiest lazy option. Put prices up and squeeze every drop out of what they can. That way even though crowds go down the same income is raked in whereas calculated gambles or speculate to accumulate carries more risk.

They can't be arsed with that and protect their position, some might say it's solid business thinking.  It's only a short term sticking plaster though.

Every time there is an opportunity to try and drive things forward they pass it up in favour of the squeeze. 

5 minutes ago, tomphil said:

I think they just have certain modest targets to hit and the best way of guaranteeing it is the easiest lazy option. Put prices up and squeeze every drop out of what they can. That way even though crowds go down the same income is raked in whereas calculated gambles or speculate to accumulate carries more risk.

They can't be arsed with that and protect their position, some might say it's solid business thinking.  It's only a short term sticking plaster though.

Every time there is an opportunity to try and drive things forward they pass it up in favour of the squeeze. 

Backwards thinking from backwards people.

• Like 1

• Backroom

Coventry have broken their record and sold over 12.5k 

It feels there’s new waves of optimism and energy around lots of fanbases that hasn’t happened here or more likely the club haven’t done enough to create it 

Edited by Tom
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, Tom said:

Coventry have broken their record and sold over 12.5k 

It feels there’s new waves of optimism and energy around lots of fanbases that hasn’t happened here or more likely the club haven’t done enough to create it 

Was talking to a Portsmouth fan who thinks they are on for 20k,

25 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

Could be a few take up totally wicked's employee offer. All employees will get £100 off season ticket funded by Totally wicked, and also big discount on replica kits - 2 per household 

Great idea, do other companies do this for their employees too? Do you know if Rovers pay the difference or totally wicked? Seen something similar in Germany with VW.

31 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

Could be a few take up totally wicked's employee offer. All employees will get £100 off season ticket funded by Totally wicked, and also big discount on replica kits - 2 per household 

Good effort by them.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, glen9mullan said:

Was talking to a Portsmouth fan who thinks they are on for 20k,

Think he’s getting carried away there, Fratton Park’s total capacity is less than that at the moment (they are renovating one of the stands) Unless they are putting away fans on the roof?

They’d sold 9k as of yesterday looking at their website.

Edited by Mattyblue

No bumper away crowds in the first half of the season and Sunderland is a night match (bet that annoyed Swag).

Matchday tickets should be announced at flat £20 for all of those games.

That would get people in and IF JDT gets them performing we would then shift a few thousand half STs.

I don't see any value at all in buying a full ST at those prices.

• Like 2

They won’t charge that because it will undercut ST prices. It would actually be cheaper to buy a ticket each week in the  JWU than a ST.

That’s the problem you create when you price STs so high to start with, very little wiggle room for match day prices.

2 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

They won’t charge that because it will undercut ST prices. It would actually be cheaper to buy a ticket each week in the  JWU than a ST.

That’s the problem you create when you price STs so high to start with, very little wiggle room for match day prices.

It emerged at the end of last season, given the various offers that it worked out cheaper to pay for individual matches than to buy a season ticket on direct debit. There was also another fact about season tickets vs match tickets but I can't remember it.

Oh yeah can see how, the Sheff Utd offer, Bournemouth offer, the bundles, night games all reduced to £20.

A £400 to £500+ , a ST quickly becomes not particularly good value over match tickets, which never used to the case.

Edited by Mattyblue

1 minute ago, Mattyblue said:

Oh yeah can see how, the Sheff Utd offer, Bournemouth offer, the bundles, night games all reduced to £20.

A £400 to £500+ , a ST quickly becomes not particularly good value over match tickets, which never used to the case.

Particularly if you factor in the season ticket holders unavailability through work, holidays etc. For example I called to see my youngest brother yesterday and he said that due to pre booked holidays he is missing three home matches before the World Cup hiatus. I'd love to see the figures of everyone who uses their ticket 23 times against those who don't.

I would desperately loved to have seen some imagination in this season's offers but 'twas ever this under this shower.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, arbitro said:

It emerged at the end of last season, given the various offers that it worked out cheaper to pay for individual matches than to buy a season ticket on direct debit. There was also another fact about season tickets vs match tickets but I can't remember it.

The best one was that final 5 bundle for £100, but if you bought each ticket separately it would have been £90 😆

• Like 2

A drawback with buying a ST is that you don't have to miss many games before you're better off just getting match tickets.

As a ST, I know that I'll miss 2 or 3 games for whatever reasons. In seasons gone by when ST prices were lower, I'd still be in credit versus buying match tickets if I missed a handful of games; I doubt that's the case now.

I'm effectively paying for convenience.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

A ST is £17.35 per game allegedly.

So £20 in no way compromises that ?

23 hours ago, JHRover said:

I don't know what to make of the 2,000+ season ticket holders last year who haven't yet renewed. I'm one of them.

On the one hand I wonder if a lot of them are like me - people who will probably renew but have a habit of leaving these things until the 11th hour and will only be forced into it as the deadline approaches.

On the other hand we've already had two deadlines come and go with this botched sales process and these people haven't renewed in advance of either of those to secure their 'loyalty discount' so are they going to be bothered about doing so before the end of the month?

Bearing in mind that even with the 'surge' of half season ticket sales we were only at 8,000 or so to have over 25% of those still not renewed is concerning, because if these people are undecided or aren't renewing that is a big old percentage of an already small number.

I’m in that bracket. I’m going to renew next week for my sons sake who desperately wants to go. But for him I probably wouldn’t have bothered. Whilst JDT has impressed, I really can’t take to our CEO.

He treats the loyal season ticket holders as £ sign mugs. Everything about the entire season ticket holder experience has gone down hill under his stewardship. Vastly inflated prices for rubbish beer, catering gone down hill (apart from the Biryani!), struggle to get served at half time due to bar closures, reduced club cash so it’s barely worth it, no decent deals for cup games etc. 

He shouldn’t be trying to penny pinch from loyal season ticket holders. If anything I spend less in the club shop due to the reduction in club cash! 

I’ve got a couple of mates who have said they aren’t renewing. They begrudge paying the most expensive season ticket prices in this part of the world. Whether they succumb at the last minute I do not know. 

Edited by david brent
  • Like 2

I think the other one was that having introduced a Final 5 game package for £99 it would have been cheaper in the end to have bought each one individually:

Bristol City - season ticket holders could bring a friend for £10

Derby - £20

Blackpool - £25

Stoke - £25

Bournemouth - £10 tickets in all areas

So a saving of nearly £10 to buy individually. 

• Like 1