BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season tickets 2022/23

2 hours ago, Mellor Rover said:

I imagine he won't be buying one so is he qualified to talk?

If he really is from California he could buy a season ticket and donate it to someone if he thinks they are reasonably priced.

Let him out his money where his mouth is.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Proudtobeblue&white said:

Totally agree. £718 for me and my 22 year old son, £31/per match. Sounds good value.....when I factor in fuel at an all time high, travel from Clitheroe, hot dog/drink for him, pint for me, we are probably up to £50 per match. The actual result of that is.....£1,150. Waggott explain your pricing policy? I have a decent job. but I also have a brain. Not spending that to watch mid-table Championship football, and that doesn't include the odd away game.

That's why I have said prices for food and drinks inside the stadium need to lower and much better quality need. 

I don't buy inside the stadium but I rather go the Burger van at the back of the club shop cos its better quality and Burgers are tasty. I get drinks from my local corner shop as its much cheaper. 

Admire your effort/computer skills! Wonder if and how many complimentary tickets are included. 7000+ is more than I expected. Guess that another 1-2000 will be added by the time they go off sale, which would be an impressive number considering the price/increase in living costs. 

29 minutes ago, goozburger said:

Season Ticket Sale Count

7,064 (+39)

Note: After yesterday's count, I've estimated there are 712 seats marked as unavailable but not saleable. This includes the front rows of the Riverside, Blackburn End, Jack Walker (lower), and a block of W01 towards the right hand side which I think are blocked off next to the away fans for safety reasons.

Good work. Better than I expected but still well short of where we need to be.

Not sure about an extra 2,000 from here.

With the increase in price, I imagine we’ll crawl towards c7,500/7,750, which though still historically horrendous, it’s certainly better than what we were looking at getting to pre the JDT appointment.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Hannoverover said:

Admire your effort/computer skills! Wonder if and how many complimentary tickets are included.

The block to the right of W01 accounts for ~200 of the 712 non-saleable seats. Hey, I could be wrong. Maybe 200 supporters bought every single one in that section?! But I doubt it. I think they're just not for sale.

The other ~512 are front row seats that I'm classing as unavailable because I think they're blocked out for disabled carers and perhaps medical staff, although I'm not totally certain. A few in those front rows actually appear as available, but maybe someone has a better clue than me.

10 hours ago, Hannoverover said:

Guess that another 1-2000 will be added by the time they go off sale, which would be an impressive number considering the price/increase in living costs. 

We sold 39 in the last 24 hours. If that continues until the start of the season, we'll be a few hundred shy of 9,000.

Edited by goozburger
9,000, not 10,000 (7,000 + 1,700)
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, goozburger said:

The block to the right of W01 accounts for ~200 of the 712 non-saleable seats. Hey, I could be wrong. Maybe 200 supporters bought every single one in that section?! But I doubt it. I think they're just not for sale.

The other ~512 are front row seats that I'm classing as unavailable because I think they're blocked out for disabled carers and perhaps medical staff, although I'm not totally certain. A few in those front rows actually appear as available, but maybe someone has a better clue than me.

We sold 39 in the last 24 hours. If that continues until the start of the season, we'll be a few hundred shy of 10,000.

Also in the Riverside quite a few seats are classed as unavailable because they are right next to or behind the supporting pillars.

6 hours ago, PeteJD13 said:

He's one the QEGS brigade isn't he its borderline poverty shaming

He is a genuine arrogant fool though so i wouldn't worry about his opinion. 

Had a few disagreements with him on twitter a few seasons ago over nothing and he tried to get me banned.  He literally backs everything the club does and constantly slags the fans.  A hero to the social media sheep though because he flies over to watch.

• Like 1

10k? We haven’t sold that many for a good few years now. I’m pretty sure 3,000 extra at up to £529 a pop won’t go out the door by the end of July. 

A shame, as 10k ST holders as a base with walk ons and away support ensures steady c15k+ crowds most weeks, those extra few thousand really make a difference to the whole feel of Ewood on a match day.

• Like 1

Tell you what, if we get to 10k+ season tickets, I’ll be delighted.

My feeling is that should the club back up the management appointments with more good news, say around Nyambe staying, keep the vibe up with positive player interviews and then bring in some mysterious Scandinavian wonderkid typ signings….we have the potential to sell up to 12k ST’s. Contrary to the opinions of some, I believe there’s plenty of disposable income in parts of Blackburn and the surrounding areas. The clubs target over the next few years should be 15k st’s…they’ll sell them, even at the higher price point, IF they continue to engage and excite.

Then look to boost gates with incentivised 3 game reduced packages etc to increase the atmosphere and open up further to those who cannot afford to pay full price.

The conundrum around inclusivity with affordability is one they must crack with community schemes and innovation etc. There are MANY working class clubs attracting fans into their stadiums across the Uk. What are they doing?

My final point is around corporate hospitality. It’s so under used at the club. Why not push incentives to get businesses into the club and boost the coffers? I’ve booked these facilities maybe 10x over the last 2yrs and NEVER had a single marketing email back. They’ve never even tried to sell to me…why not send every season ticket holder emails offering an ‘upgrade’ option to pay an extra £30 to for this game or that and be able to experience corporate hospitality for a special occasion? Throw in a couple of beers….there’s so many opportunities.

The world is becoming more expensive for EVERYONE remember, including Rovers. So the answer, imo isn’t to lower the prices. It’s to add to value, add entertainment, add to the positivity in peoples lives and make Rovers a priority in the fans eyes. Make fans, feel willing to sacrifice some of their other pleasures to come and watch their team again….

Edited by Paul Mani
  • Like 2

No sorry, minimum pricing of £400, top pricing of £529 is too much for second division football for a club of our size, the fact we are now one of the most expensive in the league with some of the lowest sales tells you that.

We are never, never, selling 15,000 STs in this league at these prices. We only got past those figures in the PL post 2003 when we reduced prices.

Completely agree on a few points, the club has a plethora of corporate hospitality that is underused or of poor quality, even the Blues Bar, which was fantastic facility a decade ago has been allowed to fall away.

I also agree that 12k isn’t out the realms, PNE and Bolton are proving that right now (with reduced pricing).

Also, yes large (but certainly not all) parts of the town of Blackburn is struggling and the Asian community still only come in very small numbers (though obviously the club should carry on with its engagement), but due to demographic change our fanbase now stretches wider than it ever has, we have a shed load of fans residing across the Ribble Valley, PR postcodes, the Fylde and beyond we should be tapping into. Yet the club seems to want to operate in its own BwD straight jacket. 

Despite everything this lot have done to decimate the fanbase over this past decade, the fans are still out there, we just need a lowered price point and a bit of momentum around the club to spark it, and what is so frustrating, alongside the exciting managerial appointment, it could’ve been this summer. 

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 7

13 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

No sorry, minimum pricing of £400, top pricing of £529 is too much for second division football for a club of our size, the fact we are now one of the most expensive in the league with some of the lowest sales tells you that.

We are never, never, selling 15,000 STs in this league at these prices. We only got past those figures in the PL post 2003 when we reduced prices.

Completely agree on a few points, the club has a plethora of corporate hospitality that is underused or of poor quality, even the Blues Bar, which was fantastic facility a decade ago has been allowed to fall away.

I also agree that 12k isn’t out the realms, PNE and Bolton are proving that right now (with reduced pricing).

Also, yes large (but certainly not all) parts of the town of Blackburn is struggling and the Asian community still only come in very small numbers (though obviously the club should carry on with its engagement), but due to demographic change our fanbase now stretches wider than it ever has, we have a shed load of fans residing across the Ribble Valley, PR postcodes, the Fylde and beyond we should be tapping into. Yet the club seems to want to operate in its own BwD straight jacket. 

Despite everything this lot have done to decimate the fanbase over this past decade, the fans are still out there, we just need a lowered price point and a bit of momentum around the club to spark it, and what is so frustrating, alongside the exciting managerial appointment, it could’ve been this summer. 

If we are now one of the most expensive then that’s poor from the board, considering the demographic and cost of living increases.

But I still think they can sell the tickets if they keep up the engagement, positivity and communications. GB in particular feels like he will be the man to speak with the fans. Some of his comms this week eg re Nyambe are like, “Yes, we’ll be speaking to him soon…AND I’LL GET BACK TO YOU” Hallelujah! A proper communicator!

The direct marketing could be SOOOO much better! I’ve renewed and not had a single email or message since! Imagine us all getting an email with a video from GB and JDT thanking us for our support and telling us about upcoming things we can support the club with like merchandising launches or ‘fan team building days’ at the blues bar!! Happy hour….build some spirit amongst us so we have friendship groups who begin meeting before games….the potential is endless in the town imo.

We are all looking for positivity after the last few years, that’s what football was built on. Working class people escaping their lives to enjoy competitive sport and a few pints…

If they do this right, I truly believe we can do 12k st’s this season and set our sights on 15k within 3yrs.

This season? No chance, literally zero. Perhaps in the future though, but not at these prices.

Going forward, hopefully the kicking and negative press they’ve had over STs this close season, plus the obvious success of our neighbours reporting big jumps in sales means we won’t see such ridiculous pricing again.

Edited by Mattyblue

16 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

To make the necessary changes it requires brain power and effort. The people running the club have neither.

It’s not that hard mate….honestly, I reckon an hour or two with some of this forum would do them the world of good….

I think I could set up implement a direct emailing campaign and a supporting eco system inside two weeks / a month max that could get us to 12k st’s - research and segment the target audiences, create the copy to enhance each group separately and roll out our new darlings (GB & JDT) - BOOOOM!

Ok, I’m getting overexcited now….it’s just such a shame they’re so average at this.

Edited by Paul Mani
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

This season? No chance, literally zero. Perhaps in the future though, but not at these prices.

Going forward, hopefully the kicking and negative press they’ve had over STs this close season, plus the obvious success of our neighbours reporting big jumps in sales means we won’t see such ridiculous pricing again.

Honestly, I don’t think you need to drop prices if you provide tons of value to the customer and improve their lives. Make them feel proud to be a Rovers fan again. Make it cool…give people more for their money. More value, better entertainment, clearer communication, a team they can relate to, excitement, pride!! People will find the money, just like our parents (my Dad) did for us / me back in the 80’s and 90’s.

• Backroom

Now would be the perfect time to announce a reduction along with an open training session at Ewood / family day in the first week of school holidays and blitz it with promo material 

The iron is hot, time to strike 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Honestly, I don’t think you need to drop prices if you provide tons of value to the customer and improve their lives. Make them feel proud to be a Rovers fan again. Make it cool…give people more for their money. More value, better entertainment, clearer communication, a team they can relate to, excitement, pride!! People will find the money, just like our parents (my Dad) did for us / me back in the 80’s and 90’s.

Love the enthusiasm Paul, but you are just not getting big numbers through the door at this price point for second second division football whatever bells and whistles are provided.

Now reduce the price to go lockstep with a side at the top end of the table and you will see a healthy increase. A winning team is the momentum builder for STs, reduced pricing seals the deal.

* Though this is all a moot discussion anyway as this club just doesn’t have the commercial wherewithal.

2 minutes ago, Tom said:

Now would be the perfect time to announce a reduction along with an open training session at Ewood / family day in the first week of school holidays and blitz it with promo material 

I’d love some money back, but we only sold 8k last season at an average of £300?? We’ll potentially do 10k or more at £400 with the renewed positivity….would you reduce them and hand money back or turn up the positivity and hope we trickle up to 11k??

The Family days with guest appearances from GB and gorgeous Jon are a great idea though! 

6 minutes ago, Tom said:

It is, they won’t.

• Like 1