BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League 22-23

Chelsea need to stand by Potter and back him. They have signed lots of players so clearly will take time to gel. Training sessions must be awful when you got over 30 players to work with. Bohely and his merry men need to back him. 

Also its great to see Chelsea supporter trust come out and call out the people sending deaths threats to Potter and his family. uncalled for and these people need finding and jailing for it

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Chelsea need to stand by Potter and back him. They have signed lots of players so clearly will take time to gel. Training sessions must be awful when you got over 30 players to work with. Bohely and his merry men need to back him. 

Also its great to see Chelsea supporter trust come out and call out the people sending deaths threats to Potter and his family. uncalled for and these people need finding and jailing for it

Im not convinced that the higher level of players have the same respect for him as managing teams of a lower reputation.

• Moderation Lead

Potter obviously doing terribly at the minute, but the recruitment was all over the place. Smashed tons of money on players, but nothing on a striker, when they can’t score goals…

A simple tweak of Havertz at number 10 and Joao Felix up top, would probably help! 

13 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

Have Man United always celebrated winning the league cup this much?

When I watched rovers in it, it was the Mickey Mouse trophy, mocked by all united fans for showing any excitement towards it. When we won it I should of been embarrassed by the way I celebrated apparently 

Edited by Oldgregg86

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

If spending £400 + million isn't backing him then I don't know what is. Potter looks lost. I can't imagine it's easy balancing that squad but surely you'd be expecting better than what he's serving up at the moment. 

He looks exhausted. I've half a feeling he'd be quite happy to be paid off and have some time off right now.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I don't really agree with this. Yes they have a lot of new guys who need to get better acquainted with each other, sure.However, talent wise alone they should be getting better results, gelling or not. Boehly has been the textbook definition of backing your manager:The obscene amount of money they spent proves that. And well yes death threats are always uncalled for, its just a sport.

Not saying Potter will be gone tomorrow, but let's be realistic: He is very much on a short leash and should be waking up every morning soaked in sweat.

• Like 2

Chelsea can point to (admittedly under a different owner) a very aggressive policy in terms of not showing endless patience with underperforming managers and equally a trophy room packed full of trophies.

Im not sure with Potter. I felt that the job he did at Swansea was unremarkable and Cooper did far better there. At Brighton in his first two years his finishes were no real improvement on the Hughton days, last season was a very good one although his work seems to have already been improved upon by De Zerbi and they are a generally excellent run club who sign some superb players.

Maybe it will prove to be a jump too far and he may struggle with big names. They could have spent their money much more wisely but there is still lots of quality to be able to do better. The Aubameyang situation is telling, it seems like he is not showing a commitment to banish him totally (he came on today) yet kicking him out of the European squad wont have gone down well. He is probably still their best out and out striker but if his face doesnt fit then it wont help doing a half arsed job.

2 hours ago, Displaced Rover said:

A trophy is a trophy. Don’t think you should ever criticise the way it’s celebrated, regardless of their modern history. 

I heard that on the radio this afternoon - there are only 3 domestic trophies up for grabs every season. Yes the League Cup is the lesser of the three, mainly due to the prize money associated with it, but it's still a great accomplishment to win it. 

With four or five teams absolutely dominating English football at the moment every trophy should be celebrated 'cos they gobble most of them up.