4. Russell Martin (1 Aug 2021) Swansea City

5. Paul Heckingbottom (25 Nov 2021) Sheffield United

6. Ryan Lowe (7 Dec 2021) Preston North End

7. Paul Ince (16 May 2022) Reading

8. Jon Dahl Tomasson (14 Jun 2022 [am]) Rovers

9. Vincent Kompany (14 Jun 2022 [pm]) Burnley

10. John Eustace (3 Jul 2022) Birmingham

That is crazy! 

Mind you given good managers are often poached and it's best to get rid of a mistake appointment quickly perhaps it's not quite as crazy as it seems. 

Still pretty cutthroat though and makes you wonder how TM survived umpteen winless runs. Almost like we don't care what happens on the pitch. 

36 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

That is crazy! 

Mind you given good managers are often poached and it's best to get rid of a mistake appointment quickly perhaps it's not quite as crazy as it seems. 

Still pretty cutthroat though and makes you wonder how TM survived umpteen winless runs. Almost like we don't care what happens on the pitch. 

it was always a mystery to me why so many fans thought mowbray was the second coming,some of them  would`nt hear a word said against him

• Like 3

8 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

it was always a mystery to me why so many fans thought mowbray was the second coming,some of them  would`nt hear a word said against him

2 hours ago, Upside Down said:

Out of all the things that have happened over the last twelve years that is amongst the most bizarre. 

I cannot think of another manager at any other club who was afforded such admiration for so little. 

Ignoring repeated shocking runs that would have him booted elsewhere,  the snide comments slagging off fans, the idiotic positioning of players at times and the scapegoating of youth all should have turned fans against him. Yet in the main - here excepted - it doesn't. Never heard of another club with so bullet proof a manager. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, JHRover said:

Sensible appointment for Blackpool. No fancy talk about projects or styles of play, just a pragmatic manager who will organise them and get results quickly.

Chaddy will be impressed

The sage of brfcs strikes again. He assured us that dinosaurs like him would never get another Championship job…

9 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

That brief stint in L1 coupled with Bury going bust.

It seemingly spooked a lot of fans to massively lower their standards and expectations.

So post that season the narrative became that we should just be grateful to TM for plodding around the second division and to Venky’s for just still existing.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

The Sun are reporting that Blackpool are about to appoint Mick McCarthy. Coming off the back of a bit of a dent in his reputation but far better than Appleton.

thought you didn't listen to Alan Nixon?

11 hours ago, JHRover said:

Sensible appointment for Blackpool. No fancy talk about projects or styles of play, just a pragmatic manager who will organise them and get results quickly.

Chaddy will be impressed

not my club but I'm surprised with the timing given last week they allowed Appleton to sign 2 players. last week defeat at Watford seems to force their hand at a change. 

spoken to Friend who is die hard Blackpool fan and he not over keen on McCarthy but he sees it a short term solution to stay up then re-evaluate in the summer depending which league they are in. 

3 hours ago, JHRover said:

They used to use Bolton, Wigan, Blackpool and Derby as the benchmark for 'what we could end up like' if Venkys left town.

Didn't last too long mind as all have recovered proving there is life after wretched owners.

2 of those clubs are in league one the other 2 are in a relagation battle

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

thought you didn't listen to Alan Nixon?

not my club but I'm surprised with the timing given last week they allowed Appleton to sign 2 players. last week defeat at Watford seems to force their hand at a change. 

spoken to Friend who is die hard Blackpool fan and he not over keen on McCarthy but he sees it a short term solution to stay up then re-evaluate in the summer depending which league they are in. 

Very strange comment, but it wasn't Alan Nixon. Someone called Justin Allen.

11 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

McCarthy was fired after losing 8 games in a row at Cardiff so needs to show that he can still manage in the modern game.

Evidently he doesn’t need to show it or he wouldn’t still be getting management jobs in the modern game…

Edited by Mattyblue

11 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

The sage of brfcs strikes again. He assured us that dinosaurs like him would never get another Championship job…

I could be wrong but based on lack of engagement with people's points i think said sage is meant as a parody persona / wum rather than something to be taken seriously. 

Besides McCarthy had a good career before then and whilst his stint at Cardiff in the second season was poor, they've got through 2 managers since then which suggests bigger issues at the club or a poisoned chalice. 

20 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Sheff Utd have been put under a transfer embargo, perhaps a points deduction...Come on Greggy Boy, get the cheque book out💰💰💰

They won't get a point deduction just a fine right?  If its a point deduction wouldn't it be for next season? Because if its just 10 to 20 points it matters not one bit they will still end up in play offs minimum 

21 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Very strange comment, but it wasn't Alan Nixon. Someone called Justin Allen.

Nixon mentioned on BBC Lancs on 6.10pm on Tuesday

8 hours ago, ItsRoverZ said:

They won't get a point deduction just a fine right?  If its a point deduction wouldn't it be for next season? Because if its just 10 to 20 points it matters not one bit they will still end up in play offs minimum 

Its appears that the transfer ban is in place until they have paid the transfer fee they owned to another club

14 hours ago, Blue blood said:

I could be wrong but based on lack of engagement with people's points i think said sage is meant as a parody persona / wum rather than something to be taken seriously. 

Stop throwing your toys out of pram cos I didn't agree with yourself on a number of points. I engage with plenty of people's points and opinions on here unless they are on the ignore list

Any points deduction or sanction that causes any serious issue will simply be suspended or implemented at a later date. Only have to look at the 'punishment' of Wigan for failing to pay their players on multiple occasions, and the laughable 'punishment' dished out to Coventry for being incapable of hosting fixtures for the first month of the season.

The League will wriggle their way around to avoid any controversy, so will be desperately hoping Sheff U get promoted thus taking the issue out of their hands.

They've shown zero appetite or stomach for clamping down on such things.