BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship - 22-23

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

not really, cos you know that JDT would make a number of different changes to the team for the cup games so you accept that to be the case before you buy your ticket just like today game against Norwich

No we don't, at least not to what extent.

We find out the team an hour before kick off, as is the case with every game.

47 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

No we don't, at least not to what extent.

We find out the team an hour before kick off, as is the case with every game.

I think it was clear that JDT and Rovers would make a certain number of changes for fringe players and players to get game time in the cup games.  

If you get Man United or any other big club away in the FA Cup, the away side can potentially earn up to and over £1,000,000.

I'm never sure why, for a club that pleads poverty under FFP, the financial carrot of progressing in cup competitions is ignored. 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Wheelton Blue said:

I wasn't expecting it to be as changed as it was, certainly with the opportunity that a win would present.

More fool me, I suppose.

JDT said there would be changes, but not as many as for the League Cup. If the predicted line-up is correct then he's been true to his word. And it's only missing a few regulars, and they get slagged off anyway (Gally, Morton, etc).

Nothing wrong with that predicted line-up. 

3 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

JDT said there would be changes, but not as many as for the League Cup. If the predicted line-up is correct then he's been true to his word. And it's only missing a few regulars, and they get slagged off anyway (Gally, Morton, etc).

Err, Ayala, Hedges ?

16 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

I was referring to the Forest game.

I've not seen the predicted line up for today.

That doesn't make it right.

what not right about it cos JDT wanted to give Squad players a run out in the cup games? 

8 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

I was referring to the Forest game.

I've not seen the predicted line up for today.

Well given the teams he played already in the cup competition he was clear to see that it would be game he would play squad players in

22 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Err, Ayala, Hedges ?

why risk Ayala in a cup game? 

46 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

what not right about it cos JDT wanted to give Squad players a run out in the cup games? 

Well given the teams he played already in the cup competition he was clear to see that it would be game he would play squad players in

why risk Ayala in a cup game? 

Yeah you’re right about Ayala. We need to tell him never to get out of bed, that way he might not get injured.

1 hour ago, Hasta said:

If you get Man United or any other big club away in the FA Cup, the away side can potentially earn up to and over £1,000,000.

I'm never sure why, for a club that pleads poverty under FFP, the financial carrot of progressing in cup competitions is ignored. 

+ adding into the fact  we are on a 'project' and  the apparent feeling of not giving it a big push  to go for promotion ( and the downplay by the cheshire cat)

Its all  BS really -its the cup and a one off  and all  about  what happens on the  day  which  can throw  up  all sorts of situations -just  go for it.

Any wonder fans give it the contempt  if managers and clubs don't take it seriously as well as all  teh media  and the different day fixtures

Edited by CAPT KAYOS
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

It doesn't make it right for those supporters who paid good money to see Tommsson put a competitive team out.

I recall that you didn't attend the Forest game, so - as per - no doubt that you didn't care one jot about those who did and spent good money and time doing so.

• Like 1

It doesn't make it right for those supporters who paid good money to see Tommsson put a competitive team out.

We did put out a team that was competitive but you knew that they would be a number of changes and it was no surprised that he made so many changes

What a division eh?!

Longest Serving Championship Managers

1. Mark Robins (2017) Coventry City

2. Gary Rowett (2019) Millwall

3. Nigel Pearson (1 Feb 2021) Bristol City

4. Russell Martin (1 Aug 2021) Swansea City

5. Paul Heckingbottom (25 Nov 2021) Sheffield United

6. Ryan Lowe (7 Dec 2021) Preston North End

7. Paul Ince (16 May 2022) Reading

8. Jon Dahl Tomasson (14 Jun 2022 [am]) Rovers

9. Vincent Kompany (14 Jun 2022 [pm]) Burnley

10. John Eustace (3 Jul 2022) Birmingham