BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship - 22-23

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

You have heard from someone who live in Norwich tell you the weather wasn't similar to here but you still argue about it. I didn't see the Norwich game, but given that Rovers have played on 4 times in a month, trained on it for a couple of weeks and the bad weather it was likely it would get into that state. I haven't watched many other games over Christmas and New Year apart from Rovers so can't comment on them as I have more important matters to deal with sadly

Not for me, we are better without and lets not forget we were negotiations for 18 months with him and his agent. He thought he would get a better club and he didn't. Never been his biggest fan and we have moved and upgraded in Brittain who I rated highly and someone I mentioned all last season about us signing and would improve us. 

I have commented on plenty of players when they were here. 

Dack has done well but I still don't think he is the Dack of old and he never will be. My points were valid on his fitness and the way we needed to ease him back in and not rush him

On specific days. If you think that Blackburn has had considerably worse weather than any other place in England over the last month then you really are deluding yourself.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

On specific days. If you think that Blackburn has had considerably worse weather than any other place in England over the last month then you really are deluding yourself.

But you keeping missing the key fact, we have been training on aswell cos our training ground pitches were frozen. Another thing you keep overlooking

• Moderation Lead

If anyone was that assed about the weather in Norwich, I’m sure they could find history or some photographic evidence on the internet, it shouldn’t be that difficult. Our pitch has been absolutely awful on a few occasions over the last few years, this isn’t a one off.

9 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Im guessing that their training pitches have been unaffected and only we needed to use our ground instead.

no idea. I'm baffled how much the state of the pitch matters and the fact you are overlooking how much we played on it, trained it and weather. At least its got 25 days now to improve and look in good condition for the Blackpool game

22 hours ago, 47er said:

You could say exactly the same about Rangers but how many Rangers fans do?

If we play at Ewood Park (or even if we don't), wear blue and white halves and the words "Blackburn "and "Rovers" are in there then that's my team and that's all there is about it.

Legal and technical details won't matter to me.

Poor example as it's the same club, unlike AFC Wimbledon, FC Halifax, Macclesfield, Darwen and all the others.

AFC Rovers. What a tribute to all those who have made and supported the club.

58 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

no idea. I'm baffled how much the state of the pitch matters and the fact you are overlooking how much we played on it, trained it and weather. At least its got 25 days now to improve and look in good condition for the Blackpool game

It mattered enough to you to arrange a summit with our CEO to discuss didn’t it?

Pretty sure pitch upgrades was on your initial agenda?

Yep, he did and was told that only 2 bits were weaved rather than the intended full relay with pipes etc replaced. Since he initially implied that the promised work was done, now he is going out of his way to imply that Blackburn has its own microclimate to defend the state compared to the other teams who also have had cold weather.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

It mattered enough to you to arrange a summit with our CEO to discuss didn’t it?

Pretty sure pitch upgrades was on your initial agenda?

I think you find it was Rovers and Steve Waggott who arrange a meeting me not the other way round. 

Yes I send a few questions that people were posting on here to seek the answers that people wanted. 

I can understand why the pitch is in current state. Others can't and that down to them. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Yep, he did and was told that only 2 bits were weaved rather than the intended full relay with pipes etc replaced. Since he initially implied that the promised work was done, now he is going out of his way to imply that Blackburn has its own microclimate to defend the state compared to the other teams who also have had cold weather.

You still overlooked that the pitch has been played on 4 days in short period of time and trained on regular during the cold weather. 

I have not said Blackburn has it own microclimate tho did I? 

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

If the cutbacks regarding the potential pitch revamp are not contributing to the condition of the pitch, then why was it requested and planned in the first place?

We haven't cutback in terms on spending on the pitch but spend more on the pitch so your cutbacks point is wrong. investing in more lights to help grow the pitch, improving areas of the pitch, etc. 

2 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

Yeah more else guaranteed safety now.

The thing with the stats though. Currently a site I like (five thirty eight) gives you guys only an 18% chance of making the play offs - but you are in third FFS. Yes I keep reading on here you are sh*t etc but the fact remains you are third, by earned right. Why can’t you produce a similar performance in the games left? Our assumption has to be that we will, why not you?

Yeah 538 uses xG pretty much to model it. It will be similar to what bookmakers odds are offered. It’s essentially saying if we produce similar performances in the games left like you say then the results will be very different and we’d slip down the league 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, booth said:

Poor example as it's the same club, unlike AFC Wimbledon, FC Halifax, Macclesfield, Darwen and all the others.

AFC Rovers. What a tribute to all those who have made and supported the club.

AFC Wimbledon was composed by original fans of the club who refused to let it die, so there's another compelling example.

If you're relying on legal status then Rangers is a brand new club. and all its historic achievements died with it But its all about the heart and, as far as Rangers fans are concerned, its a new chapter in the history of a famous old club. That's exactly how I'd see it if it happened to Rovers.

If others see it differently,I don't mind!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

But you keeping missing the key fact, we have been training on aswell cos our training ground pitches were frozen. Another thing you keep overlooking

Don’t we have state of the art indoor training facilities? 
Pathetic that we’re training on the pitch in my opinion 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, superniko said:

Don’t we have state of the art indoor training facilities? 
Pathetic that we’re training on the pitch in my opinion 

They won't be state-of-the-art anymore, not compared to what a lot of the Premier League / Champions League clubs are rocking, but they're very good.

I heard that it's because JDT likes to train on grass... which then obviously defeats the point of having indoor training pitches I guess.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

We haven't cutback in terms on spending on the pitch but spend more on the pitch so your cutbacks point is wrong. investing in more lights to help grow the pitch, improving areas of the pitch, etc. 

The intention was to do a full revamp including the pipes for the first time in 30 years. As per the fans forum, Venkys didnt release funding!