BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship - 22-23

7 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Fair enough

I never said it did reduce your validity of your opinion did I? 

I stand by it would be crazy to sack Smith when Norwich was 5th. On Appleton, I think what Blackpool need is signings and stand by their head coach Appleton. 

Just out of curiosity chaddy, has there ever been a coach or manager that you you think the club shouldn't have backed?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hasta said:

Wigan now playing suicidal keep ball at the back and keep getting caught in possession. Where has this come from?

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Another manager coming into the Championship and forgetting that he’s no longer coaching top level footballers…

55 minutes ago, SoldierMo said:

Wigan playing it around the back…where the hell had this idiocy come from? Feel like im watching the Rovers

43 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

the sooner this fad stops the better,it drives me mad,bring back the long ball and big donkey centre forward🙂

There is more than one way to play - Sheffield United go more direct, utilise set plays well, get the ball in the box, high press (not unlike Burnley under Dyche), we now play keep ball, lots of possession. Both teams so far doing well. How boring if every team played the same way.

That said sometimes a longer ball out is the right one no matter what style you adopt.

1 minute ago, longsiders1882 said:

There is more than one way to play - Sheffield United go more direct, utilise set plays well, get the ball in the box, high press (not unlike Burnley under Dyche), we now play keep ball, lots of possession. Both teams so far doing well. How boring if every team played the same way.

That said sometimes a longer ball out is the right one no matter what style you adopt.

Gifting the opposition the ball near your own goal definitely gets the blood pumping, but I wouldn't recommend it.

20 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Bloody hell Longers, not sure why this needs explaining to you, but here goes.

It’s all very well for a parachute club with a load of quality footballers for this level to play that way. But for a club with Wigan’s players who are trying to avoid relegation?

There’s a time to play keep ball and there’s a time to play a longer game. Knowing when and where to play both types of passing games is the secret. You need to be able to mix it up. Playing one way all the time makes you predictable to play against.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 7

58 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

As I repeat time and time again to people on here, it’s not playing out from the back. It’s being pressed and being in trouble and yet refusing to clear you lines. Getting caught in possession is one thing, getting caught in possession because you tried a 1-2 in your own box whilst getting closed down is just plain dumb. 

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

We do that on occasion as well, it’s all about getting the high press right against us, we do always give teams a chance.

It was said in commentary last night that the two highest (in number not field position) pressing teams in the Championship are your lot and Sheffield United.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Hasta said:

t’s being pressed and being in trouble and yet refusing to clear you lines

We have learned this more than we had at the start of the season to be honest - still get in trouble now and then with it though.

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

the two highest (in number not field position) pressing teams in the Championship are your lot and Sheffield United

I didn't hear that but it doesn't surprise me. We've done it since match 1 and we seem to be getting better at it - it has been so noticeable in recent games. I know SU caused us problems with that and then delivery into the box. It is what I expected from you actually - either that or the low block and rely on balls over midfield for Diaz etc.

10 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Bloody hell Longers, not sure why this needs explaining to you, but here goes.

It’s all very well for a parachute club with a load of quality footballers for this level to play that way. But for a club with Wigan’s players who are trying to avoid relegation?

A far point and I concede, all teams should play to their squad strengths, my point was more generally around people complainign about playing out from the back as though it was just generally wrong. Don't misunderstand, I hate this idea that it is the only way to play and love a bit of pace, power and aggresion at times, a big centre forward and centre half going at it.

46 minutes ago, DavidBrent said:

Not really.

We’ve been a division above you for the best part of a decade now. You’ve not beaten us in years. We just smashed you 3-0 in second gear.

If you get within 30 points of us I reckon you’ll have 70 points. And I don’t think you’ll get that.

And yet despite those massive achievements, you still haven't won a major domestic trophy for over 60 years. You once won div 4 a couple of years before we were crowned Champions of England though so there is that....

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

And yet despite those massive achievements, you still haven't won a major domestic trophy for over 60 years. You once won div 4 a couple of years before we were crowned Champions of England though so there is that....

To be fair, an upgrade to plastic seats is a trophy in itself for the Burnley faithful.

• Like 3