BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship - 22-23

5 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Sorry if it’s been mentioned but has there ever been a team sat in 3rd at this part of the season who play as badly as us??

How long were we third for towards the end of Jan last season? Because we were very shit then. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I didnt realise that Blackpool were 2nd bottom. Appleton always seemed a strange appointment and it would make sense for them to get rid of him ASAP.

Mate is a seasider, he lumped on them to go down as soon as they appointed Crappleton.

On 12/12/2022 at 21:47, LDRover said:

Might be worth a few quid on West Brom going up before their odds tumble.

Battering Mowbray's Sunderland at the minute and Rogic, Swift and Wallace look a class above. Now they have rid of the dinosaur Bruce and have shrewd Corberan at the helm they could well get some momentum and get on a roll.

They've also got the big blunt instrument Dike up front and he is proven at this level. If he stays fit he could easily get 20 in the remainder of the season.

Only got 7/1 on West Brom so stuck them in an acca with Doncaster (20/1) and Derby (4/1) to be promoted with Dundee to win the Scots Championship and Liverpool to finish top 4. About 6 grand for a couple of quid.

9 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

That goes without saying really. 

Who would you rather have in charge though? 

I got asked the same by one of our dingle friends on here. The answer is, I'd rather not have either.

Pace couldn't afford Blackburn Rovers (for all the wrong reasons). Some day he may not be able to afford Burnley if ever they can't self sustain. He's obviously a very clever guy because if that day ever comes he won't be the one crying, he'll probably have doubled his fortune in the process.

2 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

Well for a shit team you’ve just turned over one of the favourites for promotion!

They’ll sack the manager before the new year - they’re clearly a team suffering as some of the players throw their toys out the pram. Not getting carried away..

15 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

Well for a shit team you’ve just turned over one of the favourites for promotion!

The previous two performances were beyond unacceptable. And they weren't the first.

We're obviously good enough to beat anyone in the league but the games we've lost have not even been close. 

11 minutes ago, benhben said:

Burnley looking a class above this season. Some good business in the transfer window as well. Their winger Manuel Benson looks a good find. 7 goals and 4 assists signed from Royal Antwerp. 

Best team in the league by far, sadly. If they ask, make sure you say they’re buying the league. They don’t like that at all. 

• Like 6

On 14/12/2022 at 21:42, roversfan99 said:

I didnt realise that Blackpool were 2nd bottom. Appleton always seemed a strange appointment and it would make sense for them to get rid of him ASAP.

I think Blackpool was shocked by Neil Critchley resignation. Blackpool have brought in Chris Badlan as the new Sporting Director and Stuart Benthom as Chief Scout from Coventry in the last week in November. Its will be interesting to see if they back Appleton in January

37 minutes ago, J*B said:

They’ll sack the manager before the new year - they’re clearly a team suffering as some of the players throw their toys out the pram. Not getting carried away..

Well its appears from what Sky commentators were saying that Norwich owners and Sporting Director are fully behind Smith and looking to back him in January.

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I think Blackpool was shocked by Neil Critchley resignation. Blackpool have brought in Chris Badlan as the new Sporting Director and Stuart Benthom as Chief Scout from Coventry in the last week in November. Its will be interesting to see if they back Appleton in January

Well its appears from what Sky commentators were saying that Norwich owners and Sporting Director are fully behind Smith and looking to back him in January.

He is a crap manager and a strange appointment. Blackpool would be best served getting rid.

Smith has had plenty of time at Norwich, think a change is needed there too.

15 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

He is a crap manager and a strange appointment. Blackpool would be best served getting rid.

Well we have to see how results go now. If he did go it would be interesting who they would go for. 

15 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Smith has had plenty of time at Norwich, think a change is needed there too.

Sacking a manager who has the team 5th in the league is just plain crazy. It would be interesting to see who Norwich fans would want? I would imagine Swansea's head coach Russell Martin would be top of that list

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Well we have to see how results go now. If he did go it would be interesting who they would go for. 

Sacking a manager who has the team 5th in the league is just plain crazy. It would be interesting to see who Norwich fans would want? I would imagine Swansea's head coach Russell Martin would be top of that list

Martin isnt a particularly good manager, passing for passings sake above results. Would be a sentimental choice. 5th for most teams would not be something to consider the sack over, but Norwich have parachute money.

31 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Martin isnt a particularly good manager, passing for passings sake above results. Would be a sentimental choice. 5th for most teams would not be something to consider the sack over, but Norwich have parachute money.

Well who would you appoint at Norwich and Blackpool since you would make changes at both? 

I would go for Scott Parker for Norwich job. Blackpool I would for Dean Holden or Leam Richardson

• Backroom

The level of vitriol the Norwich supporters had for the manager and team today really surprised me. I didn't realise there was such a deep set discontent there. The atmosphere was pretty toxic, with the fans turning against the team really early on and loudly booing them off at half time. It's not like they were losing heavily to a team significantly below them. It felt over the top, but if the negative feeling is that strong it's hard to see how that can be turned around short of a very, very good run of form. On the basis of today's showing it's tough to see Norwich getting the results needed to change the perception in the stands that change is needed.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

Table says otherwise 

They've had more injury woes than you and watching the two teams SU play the better football.

Don't think of it as some kind of popularity contest because I hope both teamsfall off a cliff, truth be told 😉