BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship - 22-23

Only 4 league games this season where I think we’ve played okay/well.

Blackpool away

Watford Home

Rotherham Home

Hull away.

Yet here we are sat 3rd in this crazy league with one of the lowest XG…No way is this sustainable and something has to change before our “luck” runs out…or even worse when our only goal threat leaves for free next summer! 

Edited by BankEnd Rover
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, arbitro said:

An interesting article regarding the proposed football reform which hasn't happened yet despite promises after a government white paper in the Summer simply hasn't materialised.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/football-clubs-miss-out-365m-28567193

The Trust will be making a statement about this imminently Tony, the follow-up report to the fan led review is out and can be found here The Fan Led Review: One Year On

• Like 2

I was having a look at the upcoming fixtures and was that our next Saturday 3 pm game is at Rotherham on January 14th. The last 3 pm kick off on a Saturday was November 5th at home to Huddersfield. That's over two months without a regular kick off time which is eight games in total.

On 24/11/2022 at 15:00, Exiled_Rover said:

Beale is off to Rangers, apparently.

Loyalty.

It's strange move for me cos he could have managed in the Premier League with Wolves or next season with QPR if he got them promote.  

It will be interesting who QPR go for. I suspected that Chris Wilder, Neil Critchley, Michael O'Neill and Anthony Barry will be on QPR radar

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

I was having a look at the upcoming fixtures and was that our next Saturday 3 pm game is at Rotherham on January 14th. The last 3 pm kick off on a Saturday was November 5th at home to Huddersfield. That's over two months without a regular kick off time which is eight games in total.

If we somehow stay towards the top we won’t be seeing many more 3pm’s for the rest of the season…

53 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

It's strange move for me cos he could have managed in the Premier League with Wolves or next season with QPR if he got them promote.  

It will be interesting who QPR go for. I suspected that Chris Wilder, Neil Critchley, Michael O'Neill and Anthony Barry will be on QPR radar

The world doesn't revolve around the Premier League,the Scottish league may be a 2 team league but Rangers are a miles bigger club than QPR or Wolves will ever be.

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

But the football world does revolve around the PL.

Celtic are a far bigger club than Leicester will ever be but Rodgers still left them in the middle of a title battle. Also, Gerrard for Villa.

Difference is they had their time at Celtic and Rangers and won titles there so it was time to move on for them both to the Prem,Beale is still to manage a big club.

13 minutes ago, Darrenbot said:

Difference is they had their time at Celtic and Rangers and won titles there so it was time to move on for them both to the Prem,Beale is still to manage a big club.

Plus Beale has already been at Rangers with Gerrard and knows just what a massive club it is.  No brainer for him really.

• Like 1

Of course the Old Firm are massive clubs, but for many managers that wouldn’t even be a consideration with a decent PL job on offer. Just the way it is with the way TV cash has distorted European football and made leagues in countries like Scotland backwaters.

Obviously Beale thinks differently, especially with his connections, but the majority wouldn’t think his way.

Edited by Mattyblue

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

No chance do QPR get promoted under him. His stock was high well beyond what he has actually achieved (literally just a good run of form to start the season) and Rangers are a bigger club than QPR and probably can offer a far bigger wage. I bet he regrets his previous choice to stay.

Wolves has just appointed a manager with the calibre far beyond what Beale would offer.

5 hours ago, arbitro said:

An absolute joke, there should be limits on how many games can be moved within a set period of time. Sky as ever putting no thought into supporters.

41 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

No chance do QPR get promoted under him. His stock was high well beyond what he has actually achieved (literally just a good run of form to start the season) and Rangers are a bigger club than QPR and probably can offer a far bigger wage. I bet he regrets his previous choice to stay.

Wolves has just appointed a manager with the calibre far beyond what Beale would offer.

Beale is extremely highly thought of within the game (for what that is worth). His career as a coach has been stellar so far - and he’s been at some big clubs and worked for some top people.  Granted he has limited experience as a head coach/manager.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Darrenbot said:

The world doesn't revolve around the Premier League,the Scottish league may be a 2 team league but Rangers are a miles bigger club than QPR or Wolves will ever be.

The SPL is poor quality league overall, but the Premier league is the place where managers/head coaches want to be managing in. That why Gerrard left Rangers for Villa even tho it wasn't a top 6 side. The Current Celtic head coach will be managing in the PL shortly. 

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

His stock was high before taking the QPR and is very well regarded in the football world as a coach. I do think QPR have a decent chance of promotion under him. 

Wolves had Beale as a choice after being rejected by the new head coach Julen Lopetegui who turned down the original job offer cos his father ill health. 

An absolute joke, there should be limits on how many games can be moved within a set period of time. Sky as ever putting no thought into supporters.

And if we reach the PL its unlike we would have any more 3pm kick off then we already do. 

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

The SPL is poor quality league overall, but the Premier league is the place where managers/head coaches want to be managing in. That why Gerrard left Rangers for Villa even tho it wasn't a top 6 side. The Current Celtic head coach will be managing in the PL shortly. 

His stock was high before taking the QPR and is very well regarded in the football world as a coach. I do think QPR have a decent chance of promotion under him. 

Wolves had Beale as a choice after being rejected by the new head coach Julen Lopetegui who turned down the original job offer cos his father ill health. 

And if we reach the PL its unlike we would have any more 3pm kick off then we already do. 

That doesn't make it acceptable, it shows the typical lack of care towards supporters. But I bet that a recently promoted Premier League side will be on TV less than a top 3 Championship one.

Managing at an old firm side will almost certainly pay better and will give you regular European nights in front of a full stadium, can understand the appeal.

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

That doesn't make it acceptable, it shows the typical lack of care towards supporters. But I bet that a recently promoted Premier League side will be on TV less than a top 3 Championship one.

What is acceptable these days? Rovers are in promotion hunt and Sky are interested in coverage of team. 

If we did get promote, then games could be played on 4 different days and at various of times if on Saturday or Sunday. 

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Managing at an old firm side will almost certainly pay better and will give you regular European nights in front of a full stadium, can understand the appeal.

Yet Gerrard and Rodgers both left Old firm teams for Mid table PL teams. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

What is acceptable these days? Rovers are in promotion hunt and Sky are interested in coverage of team. 

If we did get promote, then games could be played on 4 different days and at various of times if on Saturday or Sunday. 

Yet Gerrard and Rodgers both left Old firm teams for Mid table PL teams. 

That at least some consideration is given towards supporters attending the games. There should be a limit on moving successive games for one club/games within a specific period of time.

That at least some consideration is given towards supporters attending the games. There should be a limit on moving successive games for one club/games within a specific period of time.

Interesting idea that but TV companies will want the teams performing well in the league. It will be interesting to see what the EFL will do with the next TV deal especially when they are considering streaming all games including the 3pm kick off will affect attendances at all ground if they go ahead with it. 

I've watched Qpr a few times this season. One of my mates is a huge fan. Their form has fallen off slightly of late. Whether you can attribute that to his flirtation with Wolves is up for debate. 

Even so you can see the plan when they play. They have looked excellent. Much like us being so high in the league at one point was way above expectations. I think they had made a cracking appointment in Beale and he'd eventually get them promoted.

Even so, my mate and according to him, most Qpr fans are now happy to see him go. The flirtation with Wolves wasn't good. But for it to happen a second time is out of line. Everyone can admit clubs are used as stepping stones. But its a mutual transaction whereby your club needs to benefit too. And that needs at least 18 months to 2 years worth of loyalty.