BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship - 22-23

23 minutes ago, JoeH said:

QPR Hudds result just shows that our win against the Terriers wasn't as unimpressive as some made out

Did anyone said that the result was unimpressive?

(They are still bottom, and a home game against bottom is as easy as you can get, but no one complained that we won, just about aspects of the performance)

• Like 1

I see Coventry are going to go into the World Cup break with 2 games in hand on everyone else.

Should never have been allowed to happen yet here we are. Their postponed fixtures should have been made up so that everyone went into the break having played the same number.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Norn Iron Rover said:

Nathan Jones to Southampton all but agreed. Strange appointment if you ask me. I fancied Luton to be pushing for top 6 under Jones so hopefully they'll be less of a threat now.

20221109_201929.jpg

The top 6 will be dictated - much like last year - by the January transfer window. 

• Like 1

utter madness from Wigan and why give him a new contract 3 weeks ago only to sack him now. 

No Loyalty from Wigan to the person who rebuilt that club which they were league 1 and in administration last season. 

Will be interesting to see who Luton and Wigan appoint now. 

I also wouldn't be surprise if 2 or 3 more clubs change the manager/head coach during this 5 week break after this weekend fixtures  

12 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

utter madness from Wigan and why give him a new contract 3 weeks ago only to sack him now. 

No Loyalty from Wigan to the person who rebuilt that club which they were league 1 and in administration last season. 

I also wouldn't be surprise if 2 or 3 more clubs change the manager/head coach during this 5 week break after this weekend fixtures  

Agree Chaddy, looks a very odd decision on the surface. They started the season better than they could have expected but they have an absolutely horrendous injury crisis at the moment which can’t have helped with recent results. I think Richardson would have been looking forward to this World Cup break to get some players back fit.

Seems a poor financial decision from a club that really can’t afford it. Can’t see who they replace him with who will turn it round either.

29 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Absolutely crazy this league at the moment. 

And it seems we have great stability at the moment - long may it continue!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Agree Chaddy, looks a very odd decision on the surface. They started the season better than they could have expected but they have an absolutely horrendous injury crisis at the moment which can’t have helped with recent results. I think Richardson would have been looking forward to this World Cup break to get some players back fit.

Seems a poor financial decision from a club that really can’t afford it. Can’t see who they replace him with who will turn it round either.

Or we could look at it that they are in the bottom three and maybe a proven championship manager will get them back up the table.  A swift decision and decisive action.  I don't watch Wigan but they seem shit and boring.

Good on them for rolling the dice.

Edited by Sparks Rover

2 hours ago, Miller11 said:

Yes, they have financial problems like not paying wages on time. Your other points I agree with. 

Neil Critchley is one of the favourites for Luton Town and Wigan managerial vacancies. Another 2 names I think might be in the running for the jobs are ex Watford Rob Edwards and Bournemouth interim head coach Gary O'Neil who I read won't be offered the Bournemouth job full time by the new Owner of them when the deal goes through.  

2 hours ago, Rover_in_the_South said:

And it seems we have great stability at the moment - long may it continue!

Exactly and having that stability is key for us getting promote from this league

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hasta said:

And imagine what if it failed 😀

History says it won’t. If they’re within touching distance and spend in January they’ll go up. Same applies for us, Sheff United, Norwich and the rest of them.