BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship - 22-23

19 hours ago, BigBar said:

Lads I'm over the weekend for the Hudds game. What's the craic with the trains? I'm staying in Manchester, is there any running or all cancelled for the day? Conflicting messages on the rail websites. Any advice be great.

Yeah there's no trains. I had similar coming back from Cardiff away - the best I could find is the X41 bus from outside Chorlton Street Coach Station to Accrington Bus Station, the 6/6a bus to Blackburn (edit - 7 or 7a coming back), then if you feel like it the 1 or 2 bus to Ewood. A day ticket is £12 I think.

The X41 used to run direct to Blackburn but hasn't for a while now. You could also tram to Bury / bus to Rawtenstall then come across on the bus (I forget the number) but from memory that stops a little too early in the evening to do in reverse after the game.

Edited by GHR
Clarity

19 hours ago, BigBar said:

Lads I'm over the weekend for the Hudds game. What's the craic with the trains? I'm staying in Manchester, is there any running or all cancelled for the day? Conflicting messages on the rail websites. Any advice be great.

I would take a bus from Manchester to Bolton and then the No1 bus from the bus station there. The No1 stops right outside Ewood and is a very regular service. I hope this helps. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, GHR said:

Yeah there's no trains. I had similar coming back from Cardiff away - the best I could find is the X41 bus from outside Chorlton Street Coach Station to Accrington Bus Station, the 6/6a bus to Blackburn (edit - 7 or 7a coming back), then if you feel like it the 1 or 2 bus to Ewood. A day ticket is £12 I think.

The X41 used to run direct to Blackburn but hasn't for a while now. You could also tram to Bury / bus to Rawtenstall then come across on the bus (I forget the number) but from memory that stops a little too early in the evening to do in reverse after the game.

Cheers pal..think I'll treat myself to a taxi. Better get a result of I'll be double fuming!😂

9 minutes ago, Riversider28 said:

I would take a bus from Manchester to Bolton and then the No1 bus from the bus station there. The No1 stops right outside Ewood and is a very regular service. I hope this helps. 

Lovely. Where would I get the bus in Manchester?

On 02/11/2022 at 22:35, BigBar said:

Apparently the rail strike has been cancelled now. However, I would double check to make sure they are running a full service tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Riversider28 said:

Apparently the rail strike has been cancelled now. However, I would double check to make sure they are running a full service tomorrow.

Cheers pal, looks like too short notice for the trains so I'll have to make alternative arrangements. Thanks for the info 👍

• Like 1

On 03/11/2022 at 09:28, Riversider28 said:

On a positive note, a win for us and the Blades this Saturday and then we beat the Dingles in the 15th minute of Kompany time and we go into the World Cup break top of the league. Simples 😜

I thought this myself - but just noticed Sheffield United and QPR both have their games in hand whilst we play West Ham….unfortunately I think it’s more likely we’ll be clinging onto the playoffs instead!

27 minutes ago, superniko said:

I thought this myself - but just noticed Sheffield United and QPR both have their games in hand whilst we play West Ham….unfortunately I think it’s more likely we’ll be clinging onto the playoffs instead!

Well spotted. I was getting ahead of myself there. Oh well, we can only hope Huddersfield and Rotherham play out of their skins on Tuesday.

Edited by Riversider28
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Riversider28 said:

Well spotted. I was getting ahead of myself there. Oh well, we can only hope Huddersfield and Rotherham Play play out of their skins on Tuesday.

We should concentrate on getting our own house in order, not worrying what other teams are doing.

4 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

another goal comes about from fannying around at the back,i know footballers arn`t the most intelligent of people but do they ever learn🤬

Managers asking players to do something they just aren't capable of is frustrating. Robinson is a decent Championship defender but asking him to play out from the back is ridiculous. After his OG and giving a goal away what are the chances of him being sent off.

31 minutes ago, roverandout said:

We've no chance of beating Burnley.  They're like a machine 

They are dangerous from wide positions but a machine? Come on mate with talk like that it's like you are accepting defeat before a ball is kicked.

• Like 2

• Backroom
2 minutes ago, arbitro said:

They are dangerous from wide positions but a machine? Come on mate with talk like that it's like you are accepting defeat before a ball is kicked.

I'd be celebrating a draw pretty strongly. 

Isn't that a bit the same thing. 

• Like 2