BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship - 22-23

5 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Remember when festive period fixtures were local/local-ish games?

Now we have Cardiff and their fans having to get to Ewood for noon on NYD. The complete contempt the football authorities and their paymasters have for supporters has never been more clear.

Different scenario altogether what with the number of fans, policing, logistics and what have you involved, but I have always thought all three divisions of the National League's approach of playing a 'nearby' team on Boxing Day then having the reverse fixture on New Years Day is a nice touch. Nothing daft like Notts County v. Chesterfield, but this time for example you have Altrincham with Halifax and Southport v. Curzon Ashton and what have you. Allows easier and cheaper days out for all concerned and gives a little bit of intensity to the festive fixtures.

Edited by GHR
  • Like 1

well, this is what happens when you are in top 6 and in good form. 

I don't have a problem with the 2 kick offs myself. I can't go to the Sunderland away game myself which is one I wanted to go but Can't sadly. 

2 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Well that’s me not going on Boxing Day already smoothed it over to leave early for the 3 o’clock with my boss. Can’t go an earlier  🤬

Its away not a home game

• Moderation Lead
12 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I don't have a problem with the 2 kick offs myself. I can't go to the Sunderland away game myself which is one I wanted to go but Can't sadly. 

Its away not a home game

Well, spare a thought for the Rovers fans that have to set off super early Boxing Day and also the Cardiff fans having to get to Blackburn early days on New Year’s Day! Especially given the restrictions on public transport on those days, not to mention potential train strikes.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Well, spare a thought for the Rovers fans that have to set off super early Boxing Day and also the Cardiff fans having to get to Blackburn early days on New Year’s Day! Especially given the restrictions on public transport on those days, not to mention potential train strikes.

Firstly, don't use public transport. 

It's about 2 and half drive to Sunderland if my memory serves me and its one, I would be doing if personal circumstances allow that day. Instead, I will be watching on TV. 

I'm sure Cardiff City will be putting their own coaches on and Yes It an early kick off but all part of football these days and you know over Christmas that Sky will be showing plenty of EFL football. 

Plus since we are challenging for Promotion, Sky will want to put us on TV. QPR, Sheffield United, Norwich, Burnley have had they gone moved over Christmas. EFL Official Website - Domestic

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

It's about 2 and half drive to Sunderland if my memory serves me and its one, I would be doing if personal circumstances allow that day. Instead, I will be watching on TV. 

I'm sure Cardiff City will be putting their own coaches on and Yes It an early kick off but all part of football these days and you know over Christmas that Sky will be showing plenty of EFL football. 

Plus since we are challenging for Promotion, Sky will want to put us on TV. QPR, Sheffield United, Norwich, Burnley have had they gone moved over Christmas. EFL Official Website - Domestic

Sometimes you have to say, "yeah, you're right it's wrong and the fans always get the shitty end of the stick"  

For some strange reason you don't seem able to have that compassion as a person....either that or you're just plain ignorant 

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

This isn’t just about you, Chaddy.

You know that given we are hunt for promotion, so Sky was always going to want to show us at least a couple of times over the Festive period. Just like other clubs in the hunt for promotion like dingles, QPR, Sheffield United, etc. That is how Football is nowadays and with kick off times in the future are only going to worse especially if we get promotion to PL this season or next. 

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

As long as chaddy is ok.

Football being moved for TV reasons or for European games has been part of Football for years now. 

The PNE kick off time isn't ideal for me, but it is what it is. 

• Moderation Lead
16 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

You know that given we are hunt for promotion, so Sky was always going to want to show us at least a couple of times over the Festive period. Just like other clubs in the hunt for promotion like dingles, QPR, Sheffield United, etc. That is how Football is nowadays and with kick off times in the future are only going to worse especially if we get promotion to PL this season or next. 

Football being moved for TV reasons or for European games has been part of Football for years now. 

The PNE kick off time isn't ideal for me, but it is what it is. 

It doesn’t mean it’s right though, just because that’s the way it is.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

It doesn’t mean it’s right though, just because that’s the way it is.

Been like this for years after years. When we played in Europe we had games at 6pm didn't we or played Sunday after Thursday night game. Or moved for TV coverage like when we played Arsenal at home or United at home. Did we complain then? no we didn't. 

We are doing well and, in the promotion hunt, so always likely to see kick offs changes

Edited by chaddyrovers

You hardly go to away games so obviously it doesn’t impact you, you can nicely settle down to watch it on your sofa, so what’s the problem?

But guess what, it is an inconvenience to those that spend every other weekend travelling the country supporting their club and spending good money, I.e those Cardiff fans that now have to be up at 5am on NYD. How about thinking of those that show such commitment for their club for one millisecond?

Yes, ‘it is how it is’, but because it has been ‘like this for years’ doesn’t automatically make it right and mean the loyalty of football fans is not being exploited.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Its away not a home game

I know

i meant to get the coach 

Edited by Oldgregg86
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

You hardly go to away games so obviously it doesn’t impact you, you can nicely settle down to watch it on your sofa, so what’s the problem?

But guess what, it is an inconvenience to those that spend every other weekend travelling the country supporting their club and spending good money, I.e those Cardiff fans that now have to be up at 5am on NYD. How about thinking of those that show such commitment for their club for one millisecond?

Yes, ‘it is how it is’, but because it has been ‘like this for years’ doesn’t automatically make it right and mean the loyalty of football fans is not being exploited.

At the minute I can't do many away games for personal circumstances Matty. After next season I will be doing a lot more. 

I was going Wigan away but it was cancelled for obvious reasons. I will be looking to go PNE away and another away game if possible 

15 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Remember when festive period fixtures were local/local-ish games?

Now we have Cardiff and their fans having to get to Ewood for noon on NYD. The complete contempt the football authorities and their paymasters have for supporters has never been more clear.

I disagree, for them to have contempt for us they'd actually have to acknowledge our existence. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

It's good to know that there is no such thing as inconvenience in chaddyland.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Its away not a home game

As long as it doesn't inconvenience you Chaddy, that's all that matters.

• Like 5

12 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

At the minute I can't do many away games for personal circumstances Matty. After next season I will be doing a lot more. 

I was going Wigan away but it was cancelled for obvious reasons. I will be looking to go PNE away and another away game if possible 

As long as when you do attend more away games you don't grumble for one second when there's a kick off time that doesn't suit you. After all, it's just how it is isn't it?

And people complained in the past about our games being moved for Sky, this isn't a new complaint. 

I accept that games can be moved, but expecting Cardiff fans to set off at 5am on New Year's Day is grossly unfair. If the shoes on the other foot next year I'll be grumbling. And noon on Boxing Day is also a pain.

I don't think I've ever seen a more self-indulgent set of posts in my entire life. So dismissive of fans who travel the length and breadth of the country to support their team. Given your love for Rovers and presumably football in general, I thought you'd give even a small concern for the supporters. Seems not - as long as it doesn't bother you!

As for 'firstly, don't use public transport' - IT ISN'T ALL ABOUT YOU. Some people don't/can't drive. Some people like a beer. Just because you don't use public transport doesn't mean you can't show empathy for other people. It's actually scary how you can't see it in multiple posts. 

Edited by smiller14
  • Like 7

5 hours ago, smiller14 said:

As long as when you do attend more away games you don't grumble for one second when there's a kick off time that doesn't suit you. After all, it's just how it is isn't it?

And people complained in the past about our games being moved for Sky, this isn't a new complaint. 

I accept that games can be moved, but expecting Cardiff fans to set off at 5am on New Year's Day is grossly unfair. If the shoes on the other foot next year I'll be grumbling. And noon on Boxing Day is also a pain.

I don't think I've ever seen a more self-indulgent set of posts in my entire life. So dismissive of fans who travel the length and breadth of the country to support their team. Given your love for Rovers and presumably football in general, I thought you'd give even a small concern for the supporters. Seems not - as long as it doesn't bother you!

As for 'firstly, don't use public transport' - IT ISN'T ALL ABOUT YOU. Some people don't/can't drive. Some people like a beer. Just because you don't use public transport doesn't mean you can't show empathy for other people. It's actually scary how you can't see it in multiple posts. 

Cardiff to Blackburn is about 3 and half to 4 hours drive so they wouldn't really need to set off till 7am. The roads would be quiet. 

On Public transport, it isn't reliable one bit and it's getting worse with train strikes, likely bad weather in the coming. Clubs should be making club transport cheaper, so fans use that form of transport instead of relying on public transport in my opinion. 

On the beer point, That down to personal choice. 

18 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Cardiff to Blackburn is about 3 and half to 4 hours drive so they wouldn't really need to set off till 7am. The roads would be quiet. 

On Public transport, it isn't reliable one bit and it's getting worse with train strikes, likely bad weather in the coming. Clubs should be making club transport cheaper, so fans use that form of transport instead of relying on public transport in my opinion. 

On the beer point, That down to personal choice. 

Sometimes you’re better off just holding your hands up and saying you’ve got it wrong. 

• Like 6