BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship - 22-23

Just came across this tweet

I wonder where we rank in the US and more importantly in India? Haven't met a fellow Rover here in Washington DC yet or an Indian whose heard of Venkys either. Quite a few Americans have heard of Rovers though and the Premier league is the most liked league, with probably Liverpool/ Manchester Utd being the top two teams

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hannoverover said:

Just came across this tweet

I wonder where we rank in the US and more importantly in India? Haven't met a fellow Rover here in Washington DC yet or an Indian whose heard of Venkys either. Quite a few Americans have heard of Rovers though and the Premier league is the most liked league, with probably Liverpool/ Manchester Utd being the top two teams

You should be able to work this out by looking at Google Trends. 

I had a quick look for the past 90 days… and looks like the biggest number of searches for Rovers came from Iowa and Idaho!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

It’s more of a shit league this season than ever. Given a fair a wind we should be able to do something this time.

No more 'shit' than usual, just no dominant team.

The PL teams haven't dominated (Burnley, Watford, Norwich) and those still getting parachute payments haven't rebuilt properly either. Pre-season we expected Sheffield United and WBA to be strong with their additional funds, but one is floundering and the other is in the Playoffs without pulling away. 

2 hours ago, 1874 said:

Dreadful game. Toothless Burnley against a Norwich team that didn't turn up to play. 

They've already won it according to their fans.

Have Burnley had any amount of injuries yet?

I remember when they went up and they didn't even muster a stubbed toe.

35 minutes ago, booth said:

Not at all, dear boy ! We're just taking it " one game at a time ", and enjoying the ride which tonight included the " Hand of God ", provided by Mr Grant Hanley, formerly of your parish !

As for the injuries, a simple " Google " search will reveal that our Club Doctor is an ex QEGS pupil, brought up in Wilpshire, with a long and distinguished history in Sports medicine.  

• Like 3

10 hours ago, sympatheticclaret said:

Not at all, dear boy ! We're just taking it " one game at a time ", and enjoying the ride which tonight included the " Hand of God ", provided by Mr Grant Hanley, formerly of your parish !

As for the injuries, a simple " Google " search will reveal that our Club Doctor is an ex QEGS pupil, brought up in Wilpshire, with a long and distinguished history in Sports medicine.  

A simple "Google" search would reveal a plenty of premature celebrations from your lot. Though it's Facebook where I'm seeing most of the outlandish statements so googling won't pick those up.  It's bizarre as a few weeks ago I saw equally premature and silly posts about Kompany not being the man and too many draws to go up this season.

That last sentence reminded me of on here.

I think in terms of injuries it only takes a few to put you off your stride. We're riding our luck at the moment with a few key players out (Ayala, Brittain and Szmodic). Earlier in the season most of the defence out, then Gallagher was out for a while. With a thin squad already it's difficult but I think our injuries would trouble any team. I hope JDT addresses our uncanny ability to get at least two injuries to key players per game. The bizarre injury problems seemed to coincide with Tony Mowbray being the manager and plagues us to this day.

Edited by booth
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, booth said:

A simple "Google" search would reveal a plenty of premature celebrations from your lot. Though it's Facebook where I'm seeing most of the outlandish statements so googling won't pick those up.  It's bizarre as a few weeks ago I saw equally premature and silly posts about Kompany not being the man and too many draws to go up this season.

That last sentence reminded me of on here.

I think in terms of injuries it only takes a few to put you off your stride. We're riding our luck at the moment with a few key players out (Ayala, Brittain and Szmodic). Earlier in the season most of the defence out, then Gallagher was out for a while. With a thin squad already it's difficult but I think our injuries would trouble any team. I hope JDT addresses our uncanny ability to get at least two injuries to key players per game. The bizarre injury problems seemed to coincide with Tony Mowbray being the manager and plagues us to this day.

I agree about the injuries. A week or two back we were celebrating only having one player having treatment, Barnes I think it was. That lasted for about 10 seconds. Next thing you know Ayala and Brittain were out.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

3 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I agree about the injuries. A week or two back were celebrating only having one player having treatment, Barnes I think it was. That lasted for about 10 seconds. Next thing you know Ayala and Brittain were out.

Szmodic and Brittain have had two lay offs already this season. Hedges has been out.

Scott Wharton was out for a while and in the last couple of matches seems to be carrying a knock.

I thought when everyone was fit that was our "injury crisis" for the season over.

19 hours ago, booth said:

Literally not one fan I know thinks that or has said that. We are though enjoying the season.

8 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I agree about the injuries. A week or two back we were celebrating only having one player having treatment, Barnes I think it was. That lasted for about 10 seconds. Next thing you know Ayala and Brittain were out.

We’ve already lost 2 big signings (Twine and Churlinov). Both should be back after the World Cup break. Of course we don’t know what other injuries we will pick up in the next few weeks.

1 hour ago, Mr. E said:

On another topic, I find it completely bizarre that there will be Championship matches going on during the World Cup - including on the day of the World Cup final (though we play the day before).

Just very strange feeling it will be.

Is that right? I’d assumed games didn’t resume until after the final.