BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship - 22-23

Just now, Silas said:

I'd be celebrating a draw pretty strongly. 

Isn't that a bit the same thing. 

I would take a draw in most away matches and next Sunday is no exception but I'm reading some posts like Burnley are unbeatable. As I speak Sheffield United equalise. I think Burnley are susceptible to conceding goals from balls into their box.

• Like 3

Just now, arbitro said:

I would take a draw in most away matches and next Sunday is no exception but I'm reading some posts like Burnley are unbeatable. As I speak Sheffield United equalise. I think Burnley are susceptible to conceding goals from balls into their box.

I was just going to post the same thing. Unfortunately we tend to refuse to cross and pass it back and around. Any free kick in their half should be put into their box, especially with Ayala and Wharton on the pitch.

• Like 2

• Backroom
14 minutes ago, arbitro said:

... but I'm reading some posts like Burnley are unbeatable.

Guess we'll know in exactly 8 days.

But for me it's more are they beatable....by us....in an away match.....considering the recent history and current form.

And my brain can't help but spit out a resounding no.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Silas said:

Guess we'll know in exactly 8 days.

But for me it's more are they beatable....by us....in an away match.....considering the recent history and current form.

And my brain can't help but spit out a resounding no.

Yeah very much this, these two teams are pretty clear of the field for me. 
Hopefully we’re taking a few clues though. Their defence is pretty average and can’t win a header and the keeper couldn’t hold a pint 

Edited by superniko
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Hasta said:

I was just going to post the same thing. Unfortunately we tend to refuse to cross and pass it back and around. Any free kick in their half should be put into their box, especially with Ayala and Wharton on the pitch.

I'd probably go with the 3-5-2 formation against Burnley and look to frustrate them in attack and score from set pieces. 

27 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I'd probably go with the 3-5-2 formation against Burnley and look to frustrate them in attack and score from set pieces. 

We definitely need to play with width, they don't like crosses or any height in their box.

10 hours ago, Mr. E said:

Sunderland really enjoying Mowbray's post match interviews I see. No worry lads, I wish you another four and a half years of this: https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/tm-post-match.1593148/

Absolutely bonkers that they gave him a contract. 

Just reading that first page alone I had horrible flashbacks. He’s obviously trying the same tripe there that worked for him here. Working class, honest family man. It won’t cut up there. 🤣🤣🤣. Then reading a few of the comments he still doesn’t do tactics, bigs up the oppo, still very tedious and chucks in his meaningless platitudes like we go again. That’s just from the first page. So glad he’s their problem now.   

• Like 4