BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship - 22-23

14 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Then why can some of Europe's other small league teams do well. Ajax have a far better history than Celtic and they arent financially much better off . They sell players to survive yet appear in the champions league regularly even reaching later stages. Benfica Porto two more examples 

Because they are obviously not as well run, from academies to executives. A lot of it goes back to Scottish football culture and the talent pool.

Are they successful teams at a European level? Of course not, doesn’t mean they aren’t big clubs on many other metrics and wouldn’t thrive outside Scotland. 

(Obviously all moot as they ain’t leaving the Scottish system).

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

I just judge a club's size based on European success. Or how far they go in European competition.  For me that's the metric. Winning the spl or Scottish Cup year after year doesn't hold sway. For all their years in Europe 2 trophies between them isn't impressive.  Even forest won 2 European cups. Not denying the atmosphere at these grounds is impressive but I'm just taken in by the old Firm like other people

12 hours ago, rigger said:

How come the Sunderland V Millwall game in the Championship, is being played tomorrow ?

The fixture has been rearranged from September due to the death of Queen Elizabeth II. 

Another Rovers game moved for Sky tv Coverage. Moved from 3pm to 12.30pm

Kick-off switch for Millers match | rovers.co.uk

2 new managerial appointments made during the world cup break. 

Rob Edwards appointed at Luton and Kolo Toure appointed at Wigan. Mark Hudson has been made permanent head coach at Cardiff after being a caretaker there. Plus QPR need a new head coach after Michael Beale gone to Rangers

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

The fixture has been rearranged from September due to the death of Queen Elizabeth II. 

Another Rovers game moved for Sky tv Coverage. Moved from 3pm to 12.30pm

Kick-off switch for Millers match | rovers.co.uk

Sky sports Rovers.Few games a season we used be on now it seems we are on every week

On 27/11/2022 at 17:29, chaddyrovers said:

The SPL is poor quality league overall, but the Premier league is the place where managers/head coaches want to be managing in. That why Gerrard left Rangers for Villa even tho it wasn't a top 6 side. The Current Celtic head coach will be managing in the PL shortly. 

He’s his own man, is Ange Postecoglou and it wouldn’t surprise me one bit if he ended up in some other far flung place. For the time being, indications are that he’ll carry on the sterling work at Celtic until he feels that that particular job is done.

So far he’s bettered himself with each of his moves and he probably will end up in the Premier League. Not only would he relish the challenge, say a three year deal at a middling PL club would set him up for life financially. I reckon another 18 months at least at Celtic, maybe another season longer.

On 27/11/2022 at 17:45, chaddyrovers said:

Yet Gerrard and Rodgers both left Old firm teams for Mid table PL teams. 

Celtic don’t identify with the tag ‘Old Firm’ any more, both the club itself and the supporters. Both Celtic and Rangers jointly own the copyright to the term but Celtic now refer to their games as the Glasgow Derby.  Rangers are still hanging on to it and, as far as those in the East End of Glasgow are concerned, they are welcome to it.

• Like 2

On 03/12/2022 at 21:21, Gordon Gekko said:

Poor Tony Mowbray had to stay in an apartment away from his family whilst he was rovers manager…Sky have gone over this at least 3 times during the match today it’s hilarious! Can’t believe they are still bangin on about it lol

He didn't have to, it was his choice.

He could have turned the job down.

He could have bought a house near Blackburn and moved his family over.

He could have tried to cope better with the 1000's and 1000's of miles commuting between home and work.

Or he could have just manned up and stopped crying and playing the family card like the weak flawed fuckwit he is.

• Like 4

That absolute C of a man Mike Ashley has just given Coventry City an eviction notice to leave the CBS Arena at the end of the season. He effectively tore up the agreement they had with Wasps and offered worse terms. There's already one abandoned stadium in the city (the speedway track), and there looks like there will be an even bigger one soon.

21 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

He didn't have to, it was his choice.

He could have turned the job down.

He could have bought a house near Blackburn and moved his family over.

He could have tried to cope better with the 1000's and 1000's of miles commuting between home and work.

Or he could have just manned up and stopped crying and playing the family card like the weak flawed fuckwit he is.

If he was half the man he claims to be he'd have just fucked off at an appropriate time. Instead he hung around like a fart in a lift.

• Like 3

On 05/12/2022 at 14:18, Norbert Rassragr said:

That absolute C of a man Mike Ashley has just given Coventry City an eviction notice to leave the CBS Arena at the end of the season. He effectively tore up the agreement they had with Wasps and offered worse terms. There's already one abandoned stadium in the city (the speedway track), and there looks like there will be an even bigger one soon.

He needs to be careful what he wishes for ..... Coventry City are the only viable tenant, and he could find himself with a huge " white elephant on his hands !

There was a sandwich shop near us that did good trade, and the greedy Landlord, not a pleasant man by all accounts, tried to increase the rent and make the two ladies responsible for sub-letting the flat above. What he didn't realise was that the hairdresser next door was retiring, so the ladies took over her lease, moved out over a long weekend and re-opened a week later paying less rent.

The original shop and flat have stood empty for nearly two years now ....

• Like 3

9 hours ago, SoldierMo said:

I wonder if chaddy still thinks Burnley will get relegated?

Currently odds on to win the league with most bookies  - and 1/5 for promotion. Pretty strong odds considering still over half the games to play and a transfer window to come.

In Chaddy's defence, I was really unsure how our season would pan out with all the squad upheaval - though I tend to try to insulate myself from dissapointment and err on the downside as it is the hope that kills you.

Edited by longsiders1882
correcting double use of phrase

6 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

Currently odds on to win the league with most bookies  - and 1/5 for promotion. Pretty strong odds considering still over half the games to play and a transfer window to come.

In Chaddy's defence, I was really unsure how our season would pan out with all the squad upheaval - though I tend to try to insulate myself from dissapointment and err on the downside as it is the hope that kills you.

He has no defence,it was a stupid statement at the time and looks even more stupid now

• Like 3