BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship - 22-23

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

I just look at the league table again and its seem like its tight at the bottom. 6 points between the bottom 8 including Stoke, Cardiff and Wigan. 

Alot will depends who they sign in the January transfer window

Some dross down there. Wigan and Kolo Toure might take one place. Blackpool shouldnt see 4th bottom as a big success.

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Some dross down there. Wigan and Kolo Toure might take one place. Blackpool shouldnt see 4th bottom as a big success.

I wouldn't call any club dross but clubs living within the means. For me, far too close to call who would get relegation right now. Alot depends who they sign in the window. 

I don't understand why Cardiff sacked Morrison when they did. Crazy decision.

Huddersfield made a quick decision to replaced Schofield with Fotheringham.

Wigan sacked Richardson which I think was a massive mistake. Has Toure won a game yet?

I think Bristol City under Pearson should be higher in the league. 

Surprised Stoke under Alex Neil haven't improved results more yet. 

Wigan were struggling under Richardson so that part made sense. But the fact that they went for Yaya and then Kolo Toure was very peculiar.

In the battle to be the least poor, I think Huddersfield and Wigan will go. Blackpool might be saved by Rotherhams incompetence and their appointment hasnt worked either.

• Backroom

Decent goal from our mate Amari’i Bell today, not sure what position he’s been playing but he’s done well there, fans seem to rate him, pleased for the lad, limited full back with some decent attacking potential and always put a shift in

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 47er said:

You could say exactly the same about Rangers but how many Rangers fans do?

If we play at Ewood Park (or even if we don't), wear blue and white halves and the words "Blackburn "and "Rovers" are in there then that's my team and that's all there is about it.

Legal and technical details won't matter to me.

Can you imagine what you guys would make of it if we became a phoenix club? Or indeed vice versa? I suspect legal and technical details would be called into use quite regularly.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

Can you imagine what you guys would make of it if we became a phoenix club? Or indeed vice versa? I suspect legal and technical details would be called into use quite regularly.

I would contribute to you becoming a phoenix club on the proviso your new name was Burnley Rovers 😂😂

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

I'd expect the insults to flow either way because it would mean one club had gone into liquidation!

Wouldn't change my stance on this in any way though. I'd be listening to me not Burnley fans!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Wigan were struggling under Richardson so that part made sense. But the fact that they went for Yaya and then Kolo Toure was very peculiar.

Like I said at the time he was sacked that he shouldn't have been and actually backed in January with signings. 

I don't know what their recruitment was to replaced Richardson or why Kolo Toure was the one they picked. 

11 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

In the battle to be the least poor, I think Huddersfield and Wigan will go. Blackpool might be saved by Rotherhams incompetence and their appointment hasnt worked either.

for me its depends which of clubs made the right signings to have their bigger impact on the season quickly. 

Norwich are interesting in Wagner ex Huddersfield head coach. He is one of 3 or 4 candidates being interviewed in the next couple of days. It won't be Scott Parker cos he gone to Club Brugge to managed there

48 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Norwich's pitch looks good, a carpet compared to ours. Norwich must have its own micro climate.

Can confirm. I spent Christmas in Darwen and it was 95% pissing it down and strong winds, got back home on the 30th and it’s calm as ever.

23 minutes ago, dallydally said:

I feel sorry for Nyambe. Another 4 goals conceded today. Still it was a good move for him to Wigan!!!😜😜😜🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Such a strange one, Wigan have such a poor team that they were always going to struggle, Nyambe is never a Premier League player but he is a steady Championship right back. We could do with him now as an alternative. Brittain for all the talk of his attacking side has not yet assisted a goal.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Such a strange one, Wigan have such a poor team that they were always going to struggle, Nyambe is never a Premier League player but he is a steady Championship right back. We could do with him now as an alternative. Brittain for all the talk of his attacking side has not yet assisted a goal.

Reckon it was a gamble that didn't pay off. Only down the road so no big house or area move. Probably thought he would be first choice given there squad so would play consistently and then get a better move this summer. Hasn't paid off but I'd have him back here in a heartbeat. Was a massive fan. Seemed a good lad too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Norwich's pitch looks good, a carpet compared to ours. Norwich must have its own micro climate.

Have Norwich had the same weather conditions we have in Blackburn? have they been training on it for a couple of weeks like Rovers have? As @norwichbluesaid about the fact that the weather has been different there compare to weather here. 

Norwich have bigger problems then the pitch there like a new head coach needed and squad that need revamping. 

26 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Nyambe had more than enough chance to re-sign here and he and his agent balls it up. His agent was convinced he would get a PL club and he didn't. Nyambe is an average player and one we don't miss at all. 

31 minutes ago, BigBar said:

Reckon it was a gamble that didn't pay off. Only down the road so no big house or area move. Probably thought he would be first choice given there squad so would play consistently and then get a better move this summer. Hasn't paid off but I'd have him back here in a heartbeat. Was a massive fan. Seemed a good lad too.

Some deeper underlying issues with some of Tony’s cronies, particularly Mark Venus. Failed a medical at Boro. Wigan weekly wage is a substantial increase in what Rovers offered him.

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Nyambe had more than enough chance to re-sign here and he and his agent balls it up. His agent was convinced he would get a PL club and he didn't. Nyambe is an average player and one we don't miss at all. 

We could’ve done with him at several points this season, particularly when we ended up with Travis playing right back.

Obviously as soon as any player leaves Rovers they are shit/dead to you. However, you have never offered any sustained criticism to any Rovers player while they remained contracted to us, except for Nyambe, Mola and Bell. Strange that.

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Have Norwich had the same weather conditions we have in Blackburn? have they been training on it for a couple of weeks like Rovers have? As @norwichbluesaid about the fact that the weather has been different there compare to weather here. 

Norwich have bigger problems then the pitch there like a new head coach needed and squad that need revamping. 

Norwich will have had bad weather conditions too as part of the big freeze that hit the whole country. As will the majority of other pitches that all look better than ours. Your desperation to defend the state of a massively underfunded pitch is bizarre. 

6 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Some deeper underlying issues with some of Tony’s cronies, particularly Mark Venus. Failed a medical at Boro. Wigan weekly wage is a substantial increase in what Rovers offered him.

We could’ve done with him at several points this season, particularly when we ended up with Travis playing right back.

Obviously as soon as any player leaves Rovers they are shit/dead to you. However, you have never offered any sustained criticism to any Rovers player while they remained contracted to us, except for Nyambe, Mola and Bell. Strange that.

I agree with your point about him thinking everyone is shit when they leave, but what is meant by that?

1 hour ago, sympatheticclaret said:

I'm always one to keep my feet on the ground when it comes to Burnley, but I think we're safe from the drop now .... 

Yeah more else guaranteed safety now.

1 hour ago, superniko said:

West Brom have won 8 of their last 9 now, and only conceded 2 goals in that spell.
I’d be very surprised if themselves and Boro (won 7 in 9) miss out on the top 6 given their squad quality and how they’re statistically rated. 

The thing with the stats though. Currently a site I like (five thirty eight) gives you guys only an 18% chance of making the play offs - but you are in third FFS. Yes I keep reading on here you are sh*t etc but the fact remains you are third, by earned right. Why can’t you produce a similar performance in the games left? Our assumption has to be that we will, why not you?

19 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I agree with your point about him thinking everyone is shit when they leave, but what is meant by that?

They are literally the only three players I can remember him criticising while they played for us.

Being constantly critical of Nyambe while he played for us the past few seasons, but refusing to have a bad word said about George Hirst can’t be a judgement based on their abilities or contributions. Like I said, it’s strange.

• Like 2

• Backroom
18 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

The thing with the stats though. Currently a site I like (five thirty eight) gives you guys only an 18% chance of making the play offs - but you are in third FFS. Yes I keep reading on here you are sh*t etc but the fact remains you are third, by earned right. Why can’t you produce a similar performance in the games left? Our assumption has to be that we will, why not you?

Many said the same last season and we were on a better position then. Look where we ended up, and many on here predicted it would happen. The majority of the squad has a history of being bottle jobs under Mowbray. We'll find out in the second half of the season how deep that mindset has been ingrained. 

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Norwich will have had bad weather conditions too as part of the big freeze that hit the whole country. As will the majority of other pitches that all look better than ours. Your desperation to defend the state of a massively underfunded pitch is bizarre. 

You have heard from someone who live in Norwich tell you the weather wasn't similar to here but you still argue about it. I didn't see the Norwich game, but given that Rovers have played on 4 times in a month, trained on it for a couple of weeks and the bad weather it was likely it would get into that state. I haven't watched many other games over Christmas and New Year apart from Rovers so can't comment on them as I have more important matters to deal with sadly

1 hour ago, Miller11 said:

Not for me, we are better without and lets not forget we were negotiations for 18 months with him and his agent. He thought he would get a better club and he didn't. Never been his biggest fan and we have moved and upgraded in Brittain who I rated highly and someone I mentioned all last season about us signing and would improve us. 

I have commented on plenty of players when they were here. 

27 minutes ago, Hasta said:

He’s slagged Dack off most of the season until he got recalled and proved him wrong.

Dack has done well but I still don't think he is the Dack of old and he never will be. My points were valid on his fitness and the way we needed to ease him back in and not rush him