BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship - 22-23

33 minutes ago, frosty said:

Good news about Sunderland winning. We know that they're no threat to the top 6 with Mowbray in charge, so keeping Norwich three points behind us would be great.

Yep, agreed, but Sunderland win or a draw are both beneficial results for our nervous play-off push. 

This result shows how poor we need to be to drop out of the play-off places. 

I'm not tempting fate, but any improvement we can make to our goal difference on Wed could be pivotal.... 

Come on, TM....

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Penwortham Blue said:

I desperately hope that I am wrong but I just can’t see us making the play offs. Having only one point all season from going behind and a zero goal difference at this stage of the season just doesn’t shout resilience and grit, which will be needed to make top six.

However we have the second best home record and 6 of the remaining 10 are at home.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Was expecting a Norwich win today so thats a boost. 

just shows how predictable this league is. 

2 hours ago, Ossydave said:

The chump was saying they had absolutely no ambitions of the play offs on Friday, and got absolutely slated by the fan base

are you surprised by his comments? I ain't one bit

• Backroom
51 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

I'm not Chaddy no, to be honest it's ambitious for us to dream of the play offs, so I'm not sure why Sunderland fans are so adamant they should be in them either.

In fairness from what I've read on their forums a lot of their fans are being quite realistic and accept that a mid-table finish would be solid for a first season back in the Championship. The main sentiment from those who expect a playoff place is that it's a poor league and if there is a genuine shot at the playoffs every season counts, regardless of initial expectations. Also a somewhat fair point. They all accept that their recruitment team/board screwed them over by not bringing in a striker in January - not too dissimilar to us in that regard. 

Edited by DE.

1 hour ago, Ossydave said:

I'm not Chaddy no, to be honest it's ambitious for us to dream of the play offs, so I'm not sure why Sunderland fans are so adamant they should be in them either.

I guess they are happy to be out of league 1 and want to get back to the PL as soon as. 

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

They are not far off what Tomasson keeps saying. Meaningless in the grand scheme of things.

But Mowbray did it for 4 years here whilst JDT is in first season at this level and in the championship. 

56 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I guess they are happy to be out of league 1 and want to get back to the PL as soon as. 

But Mowbray did it for 4 years here whilst JDT is in first season at this level and in the championship. 

4 years in which you backed up basically everything be said!

Managers say that crap regardless of timings although inheriting a side set for relegation and one off the back of an 8th place Championship finish obviously make them difficult to compare. Not looking at the table, only bothered with performances, not expected to get promoted, all part of the managerial spiel textbook. Best not to get too mad at it. When managers say it during poor runs, people get enraged, when they say it through good runs they get praised.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

4 years in which you backed up basically everything be said!

I was guilty of backing him too much as I admit on Saturday on here in a post(which clearly you missed). I can admit my mistakes and I will post them on here but I did want him out after the Barnsley away game during the Covid season. 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

I was guilty of backing him too much as I admit on Saturday on here in a post(which clearly you missed). I can admit my mistakes and I will post them on here but I did want him out after the Barnsley away game during the Covid season. 

Just because you admit a mistake, does not make up for it.