BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Football fan rivalry

Hello there fellow championship fans I am  gathering data for Loughborough University in partnership with UMass (a world leading sport management university). We need your help collecting data regarding football fan rivalry which doesn’t just focus on the “bigger clubs”. We appreciate any responses given. Please follow the link to give your needed opinion. Our current focus is on Blackburn however feel free to share this link with championship fans across the globe. 

https://umassamherst.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3FdJ8eN2EgFCfCB?collID=10&grpID=1422

Thanks in advance 

Melissa 

Just got this link on " The Beehole End " forum and filled it in ...

A couple of questions certainly make you think ... " I would not mind if one of my children married a supporter of Blackburn Rovers "  with 5 options ranging from strongly disagree through neutral to strongly agree. As long as he/she loved them, treated them right, and made he/she happy, I wouldn't give a tuppenny damn who they support ! 

Far more unites us than divides us ...

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, sympatheticclaret said:

A couple of questions certainly make you think ... " I would not mind if one of my children married a supporter of Blackburn Rovers "  with 5 options ranging from strongly disagree through neutral to strongly agree. As long as he/she loved them, treated them right, and made he/she happy, I wouldn't give a tuppenny damn who they support ! 

I have no children 😤

Hello there fellow championship fans I am gathering  data for Loughborough University in partnership with UMass (a world leading sport management university). We need your help collecting data regarding football fan rivalry which doesn’t just focus on the premier league clubs. We appreciate any responses given. Please follow the link to give your needed opinion. Our current focus is on Blackburn however feel free to share this link with championship fans across the globe. 

https://umassamherst.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3FdJ8eN2EgFCfCB?collID=10&grpID=1422

Thanks in advance 

Melissa 

On 01/09/2022 at 20:10, sympatheticclaret said:

I have a Rover's supporting friend , rather younger than us, who got married last year to a Burnley girl. For the last 10 years, my wife and I have shared our home and provided support with two Adult brothers who live with learning disabilities, under LCC's " Shared Lives " scheme. When Chris invited one of our gents, Keith, to be an usher, Keith started crying and explained " that I never thought anyone would ever ask me to do something like that, because of how I am " ! They also asked him & his brother to compere a version of " Mr & Mrs ", at the Reception, which brought the House down ...

It was the week after Rovers had conceded 7 at home to Fulham, a result to which his Burnley inclined friends had made reference, as you'd expect. Of course, this group of us Burnley fans were put on table 7 at the reception but he had the last laugh. When the waiter came round and filled our Champagne flutes for the toast, he poured our entire table " 7up " from a litre bottle of the stuff ..... " Seeing as you lot are that bloody keen on the number 7  " 😎

He's a lovely bloke ....

That’s terrific…👌🏻

My business partner is a Burnley fan. He quite often comes trips away and plenty of nights out with me and a group of pals who are all Rovers fans.

One memorable trip was in Benidorm, when on one night out he felt a bit sick early doors and went back to the hotel early. He had been holding the kitty, so he passed it on to one of the other lads. The problem was the kitty was in a Burnley wallet.

Within minutes of him leaving, the money was transferred to a pocket and the wallet set alight and a video made.

He probably realized his mistake before he viewed it the following day.

We are great mates, but have plenty of fun and banter, about our football rivalry. 

• Like 2

I have a Rover's supporting friend , rather younger than us, who got married last year to a Burnley girl. For the last 10 years, my wife and I have shared our home and provided support with two Adult brothers who live with learning disabilities, under LCC's " Shared Lives " scheme. When Chris invited one of our gents, Keith, to be an usher, Keith started crying and explained " that I never thought anyone would ever ask me to do something like that, because of how I am " ! 

Oh mate, don't! 

I'm not crying, you're crying

• Like 1

Was at Rotherham a few years ago, we were both struggling and the weather wasn't brilliant.

Queued up at a burger van for a brew, an old fella with a Rotherham hat on stood next to me.

I said we've come over the hill, but we're not expecting a thriller.

He said in his best Yorkshire accent, "well it's a good job lad, cos tha's not  getting one".

• Like 1

On 31/08/2022 at 16:15, Melissacauser said:

Hello there fellow championship fans I am  gathering data for Loughborough University in partnership with UMass (a world leading sport management university). We need your help collecting data regarding football fan rivalry which doesn’t just focus on the “bigger clubs”. We appreciate any responses given. Please follow the link to give your needed opinion. Our current focus is on Blackburn however feel free to share this link with championship fans across the globe. 

Thanks in advance 

Melissa 

Done 🙂

On 01/09/2022 at 18:22, sympatheticclaret said:

100% mate. Its only football rivalry.

• Like 1

I have a Rover's supporting friend , rather younger than us, who got married last year to a Burnley girl. For the last 10 years, my wife and I have shared our home and provided support with two Adult brothers who live with learning disabilities, under LCC's " Shared Lives " scheme. When Chris invited one of our gents, Keith, to be an usher, Keith started crying and explained " that I never thought anyone would ever ask me to do something like that, because of how I am " ! They also asked him & his brother to compere a version of " Mr & Mrs ", at the Reception, which brought the House down ...

It was the week after Rovers had conceded 7 at home to Fulham, a result to which his Burnley inclined friends had made reference, as you'd expect. Of course, this group of us Burnley fans were put on table 7 at the reception but he had the last laugh. When the waiter came round and filled our Champagne flutes for the toast, he poured our entire table " 7up " from a litre bottle of the stuff ..... " Seeing as you lot are that bloody keen on the number 7  " 😎

He's a lovely bloke ....

Fucking brilliant!!

On 04/09/2022 at 20:31, M_B said:

Was at Rotherham a few years ago, we were both struggling and the weather wasn't brilliant.

Queued up at a burger van for a brew, an old fella with a Rotherham hat on stood next to me.

I said we've come over the hill, but we're not expecting a thriller.

He said in his best Yorkshire accent, "well it's a good job lad, cos tha's not  getting one".

At Rotherham when we were “chasing” promotion…lost of course…on the way out of the ground an elderly Rotherham fan said: “At least tha’ll know weer to come next season now…” 😆

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Herbie6590 said:

At Rotherham when we were “chasing” promotion…lost of course…on the way out of the ground an elderly Rotherham fan said: “At least tha’ll know weer to come next season now…” 😆

Can't beat that Yorkshire humour, is that why you moved there? 😁

I think that match is the one where you noticed my UFO Bob hat before you recognised me😅

• Like 1