BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

World Cup 2022

28 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Unless you're not English, or you're an extremely casual football fan, that's a ridiculous position to adopt.

What nonsense, a thoroughly ridiculous comment.

I'm a football fan and believe the USA v Iran match will be the most exciting.

Why do you think I should be watching England?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JohnD said:

I will start with the England game but keep a close eye on the other.

In fact as I'm typing I think I will watch both, one on PC and one on the phone.

If the US go behind I will definitely get it on a US channel for a laugh.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JohnD said:

"What nonsense, a thoroughly ridiculous comment." Yes, yours certainly was.

Because (and I am assuming here, but I made that clear in my post and you haven't said otherwise) you're an England fan? If your national footballing loyalties lie elsewhere then do what you like, but if you're an England fan and you'll watch an entirely different game whilst we are on at the World Cup, your commitment is absolutely and utterly piss poor.

• Like 2

Ridiculous.  I know I said I will give this game a miss if he goes defensive but this is the world cup and my country (England) are playing a huge game tonight.  I certainly won't be watching 2 foreign countries playing.  U say u are a casual football fan but that only applies when ur own club/country aren't playing 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

The US stoke the fire by insulting the Iranian national flag, in support of women's rights in Iran.

Typical aggressive US behaviour by a US as usual totally lacking in self awareness - Roe v Wade just one example.

A cheap trick by the Septics.

6 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

US v Iran 

One evil regime against another

Hands up who’s supporting Iran? 

laughable yet disqusting comments....but by all means support that bedrock of liberty that is the Islamic Republic of Iran

Edited by onlyoneDuff
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Ridiculous.  I know I said I will give this game a miss if he goes defensive but this is the world cup and my country (England) are playing a huge game tonight.  I certainly won't be watching 2 foreign countries playing.  U say u are a casual football fan but that only applies when ur own club/country aren't playing 

I've watched Rovers on 80+ different grounds so am hardly casual.

There's very little chance of an upset I'm the England game so I'll watch the one with lots at stake.

I also watched and enjoyed Senegal

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, onlyoneDuff said:

laughable yet disqusting comments....but by all means support that bedrock of liberty that is the Islamic Republic of Iran

He's trolling as usual. Just ignore. He goes for whatever he thinks will get a reaction. 

9 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Your opinion, to which you are entitled, is noted and put in file 13.

Study some US history and indeed British.

Where has the Anti-American sentiment on this thread come from?  

By all means rag the USA in the Trump topic.

I hope the USA wins today. It will keep the tournament alive over here, I know more of their players, and they don't play an ultra defensive style of football.

1 hour ago, JohnD said:

Indeed! If I wasn't going out to 'watch' England - which is more for the social side of it really - I'd be tempted to do the same. 

1 hour ago, JohnD said:

US v Iran has the potential to be the better of the 2 matches, not least because of the enmity between the countries. 

Ideal scenario would be for a US-Iran draw and Wales to beat England narrowly, putting England and Wales into the next round

Few people want the US to go through. Their supporters are insufferable

5 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Since its inception 20 different managers have won the FIFA World Cup and all these winning managers led their own country's national team.

So, no foreign manager has ever won the  WC and only two have reached the final, and lost.

Ok it can be argued that there has to be a first time but I don't think England are good enough to tempt fate challenge history.

Cause and effect - foreign managers aren't going to be winning the World Cup if the best teams have only ever employed managers from their own country!

9 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

US v Iran has the potential to be the better of the 2 matches, not least because of the enmity between the countries. 

Ideal scenario would be for a US-Iran draw and Wales to beat England narrowly, putting England and Wales into the next round

Few people want the US to go through. Their supporters are insufferable

Not...a....chance  do I want wales going through 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Cause and effect - foreign managers aren't going to be winning the World Cup if the best teams have only ever employed managers from their own country!

Very true. It also shows footballs nationalistic stance at international level, quite understandable.

• Backroom
13 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

England - Pickford; Walker, Stones, Maguire, Shaw; Henderson, Rice, Bellingham; Rashford, Kane, Foden.

I'm not hating that line-up actually. I feel like he's somewhat done as I'd suggested earlier:

Brought in Henderson to shore up the defence in order to release the shackles of the forwards (albeit he's obviously giving some a rest).

Bellingham pushed forward between Rashford and Foden, and behind Kane looks tasty to me.

• Like 2

I don't think a team containing Bale, Ramsey and Allen have the legs to press us like the US did. They'll be well up for it, but we should have too much.

Wouldn't have started Rashford. I rate him and I'm glad he has rediscovered some form, but I feel he only really warrants his place against teams who will give him space to run in behind. 

• Like 1