BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

World Cup 2022

5 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Southgate is going to a back 5 it's rumoured with walker coming in and Henderson in midfield. He's terrified of the mighty Kieffer Moore. This is a game I might give a miss

would`nt surprise me,typical of southgate to have players that are massively superior to wales and he comes up with a game plan to try and suppress them instead of playing them off the park,gold plated mowbray is that fellow

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Silas said:

I've missed that, was it an obvious one/easy to dismiss? 

A Uruguay player goes in to block off a Portuguese player, the Portuguese player slips the ball through the other guys legs. As the other player falls backwards he puts his hand out behind himself to break his fall and his hand makes contact with the ball.

Accidental for me.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Southgate is going to a back 5 it's rumoured with walker coming in and Henderson in midfield. He's terrified of the mighty Kieffer Moore. This is a game I might give a miss

Where is the expected team? If the intention is to play 5 at the back in the knockout stages then we should have played that throughout the tournament. Henderson in a 2 with Rice in front of 5 defenders is typical Southgate.

16 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Surely the England national team manager should be English? 

I don't see why it has to be unless there has been a rule change. Give me the best person for the job regardless of nationality.

4 minutes ago, Silas said:

I've missed that, was it an obvious one/easy to dismiss? 

I cant for the life of me remember the decision, just that the decision was correct.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Lampard was never going to turn down the Chelsea job. I did say that Lampard has to kick on now at Everton now. Its was pointless friendly played down under for Commercial reasons. I would also say Everton fans think of themselves as a big fish in the PL pond but they are just mid table PL club who owner as wasted millions after millions on a bunch of poor quality signings plus his managerial appointments have been poor overall like Benitiez, Silva, Allardyce. Ancelotti was an excellent appointment.

No, Lampard was never going to turn down the Chelsea job but the fact of the matter is that he performed poorly there. That’s why they sacked him.

He is also performing poorly at Everton and he needs to keep them out of the bottom three or he’ll be the next manager to get the chop.

• Backroom
4 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

A Uruguay player goes in to block off a Portuguese player, the Portuguese player slips the ball through the other guys legs. As the other player falls backwards he puts his hand out behind himself to break his fall and his hand makes contact with the ball.

Accidental for me.

No I saw today's one TS, I meant the one where a ref has stood/gone against VAR. 

Interestingly, apparently today's one is literally listed in the rule book:

• Moderation Lead

Whilst, if we did go to a back 5 and bring Henderson in, it’s unnecessarily negative for me, there’s no point remarking on this yet until the team is confirmed. 
The only person who knows what system we are playing tomorrow and I don’t think he will be spilling his guts at this point….

• Backroom

A lot of fuss about the back 5 HOWEVER a 5 is essentially a 3 if the wing backs are Trent and Shaw.

Bringing Henderson to shore up 3 cbs is fine by me AS LONG AS it means others are brought in to be more expressive in attack.

Grealish and/or Foden brought in too makes Henderson a good decision imo.

• Like 4

Any manager worth any respect, would look at Wales last two games and tell the squad, there's nothing to fear lets go for it, push high up and get a few goals. A good chance to get our attacking players back in the flow and some momentum going into the knockout games.

Southgate however, like Mowbray used to, will talk up the opposition, give 100 defensive duties on all the attackers and hope to nick a 1-0. This will give Wales confidence after 15 minutes and make an edgy unnecessarily awkward game. Id assume Mount and Trippier will be first names on the team sheet again.

Any decent manager id go 4-0 England, with Southgate id go 1-0 in extra time

Edited by benhben

3 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

The US stoke the fire by insulting the Iranian national flag, in support of women's rights in Iran.

Typical aggressive US behaviour by a US as usual totally lacking in self awareness - Roe v Wade just one example.

A cheap trick by the Septics.

Kids in glass houses....

14 hours ago, Mike E said:

A lot of fuss about the back 5 HOWEVER a 5 is essentially a 3 if the wing backs are Trent and Shaw.

Bringing Henderson to shore up 3 cbs is fine by me AS LONG AS it means others are brought in to be more expressive in attack.

Grealish and/or Foden brought in too makes Henderson a good decision imo.

Yeah, I have no issue us playing 352 or 343 if it's offensive and we push up high, and play offensive players in midfield.

Pickford 

Walker      Stones     Maguire

TAA     Foden     Bellingham  Mount     Shaw

Kane           Saka

Would quite like something like that tbh. However wouldn't be surprised if we ended up playing quite a defensive 343 resting a few players....

Pickford 

Walker      Stones     Maguire

Trippier     Henderson    Rice     Shaw

Grealish   Rashford   Foden  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, renrag said:

It doesn’t seem to worry anyone that cricket and rugby coaches are not English. I agree that ideally it would be better 

Since its inception 20 different managers have won the FIFA World Cup and all these winning managers led their own country's national team.

So, no foreign manager has ever won the  WC and only two have reached the final, and lost.

Ok it can be argued that there has to be a first time but I don't think England are good enough to tempt fate challenge history.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

US v Iran 

One evil regime against another

Hands up who’s supporting Iran? 

That US stunt with the Iranian flag has pissed me off with the Septics. That and following US political pantomime for the past 7 years. 

Iran will be so up for this but a ref could spoil it as a contest early on. If the ref follows FIFA instructions to ignore most fouls similar to the ref in last night's Uruguay game it will be a hell of a game.

For the Iranian people and most certainly not their regime I would be ok with an Iranian win and it might even shut the American loudmouths up for 5 minutes 

• Like 1