BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

World Cup 2022

1 hour ago, Darrenbot said:

How do you know the next manager wouldn't have a bond too,they're big men i'm sure they can handle a new guy in place,i wouldn't trust the FA to pick a new man though,they only chose Southgate because he was a safe bet after Allardyce.

Southgate was only caretaker for 4 games if memory serves me right but got the results so got the job the full time. He has been very good in the role and for me should stay in the role for another 4 years

The manager doesnt have to be English imo were trying to win cups not be patriotic.

That where we have to disagree. We wasted millions on Eriksson and Capello who achieved nothing. The England manager should be English. 

If Saka really has to be subbed it wouldn't have been Mount who  isn't good enough to be in the squad imo or Sterling whos just had a traumatic week and who cant have been 100% ready to play, You need a goal get the inform player on Rashford or one of the best performers in the Prem this season Maddison on.

Didn't Mount replace Henderson and win the second penalty? 

Rashford came minutes later for Foden

Doesn't Sterling have 20 international goals? 

I cant get my head around justifying an only English manager stance by pointing to Eriksson and Capello. As individuals, maybe they did underachieve, but that would surely only remove a temptation to for some reason re-appoint those as individuals. They aren't proof that foreign managers would as a general rule not do as well, we have had English managers since who have done even worse.

I also dont get why Southgate would automatically get 4 years. Even if the decision was made to keep him, surely you judge tournament by tournament. If we got knocked out in the first knockout round (almost impossible to go out of a 24 team group stage) of the Euros like in 2016, surely at that point a change would be made.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Southgate was only caretaker for 4 games if memory serves me right but got the results so got the job the full time. He has been very good in the role and for me should stay in the role for another 4 years

That where we have to disagree. We wasted millions on Eriksson and Capello who achieved nothing. The England manager should be English. 

Didn't Mount replace Henderson and win the second penalty? 

Rashford came minutes later for Foden

Doesn't Sterling have 20 international goals? 

Tell that to the Lionesses.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Darrenbot said:

How do you know the next manager wouldn't have a bond too,they're big men i'm sure they can handle a new guy in place,i wouldn't trust the FA to pick a new man though,they only chose Southgate because he was a safe bet after Allardyce.

The manager doesnt have to be English imo were trying to win cups not be patriotic.

If Saka really has to be subbed it wouldn't have been Mount who  isn't good enough to be in the squad imo or Sterling whos just had a traumatic week and who cant have been 100% ready to play,You need a goal get the inform player on Rashford or one of the best performers in the Prem this season Maddison on.

Never understood why maddison wasn't given a single minute 

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Eriksson did an excellent recovery job after taking over the from the disaster that was Kevin Keegan, taking England to three quarter-finals

Keegan was English

English managers have a history of failure, if that's what you want

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

For me Southgate gets the euros whilst getting Eddie Howe prepped for the role

Assuming that Newcastle continue to grow with money and potentially reach European places, would Howe want to be England manager?

4 minutes ago, roverandout said:

I honestly believe if kane had put that penalty away we would have gone on to win the game.  

Big if.

20 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Assuming that Newcastle continue to grow with money and potentially reach European places, would Howe want to be England manager?

Big if.

I think by the time the next euros play out Newcastle will have a big name in situ. I don’t think eddie Howe would leave the Newcastle role now or on two years if things are going well but i think by then south gates time will be up and Eddie Howes could be and he’s imo the best man for the job at the time of typing

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

I think the managers of teams should be from the nations they are managing.

I fail to see how they should be treated any differently than the players. 

Perhaps, but without such a rule in place, would we not be cutting off our nose to spite our face if we chose to choose to follow that rule even if and when superior options were foreign?

17 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

I think by the time the next euros play out Newcastle will have a big name in situ. I don’t think eddie Howe would leave the Newcastle role now or on two years if things are going well but i think by then south gates time will be up and Eddie Howes could be and he’s imo the best man for the job at the time of typing

That may well be the case to be fair, but even then I suppose his stock could be high enough to get a better club based job.

13 hours ago, roverandout said:

I honestly believe if kane had put that penalty away we would have gone on to win the game.  

High Chance game would have gone to a penalty shoot and some else left to live with the heartbreak of a penalty miss..Maybe Kane can handle his  better than a youngster ..Even Messi misses penalties is the only condolence

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Chaddy moving the goal posts. Shock. Horror.

England's best results have come with English manager whether it was Sir Alf Ramsey or Sir Bobby Robson or Terry Venables or Gareth Southgate. 

Yes I know we had some disappointed English managers like Don Revie, Graham Taylor or Steve McClaren but I stand by that England should appoint an English manager only

11 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Its an absolutely nonsensical argument that our best results have come under English managers when such a large majority have been English. It is not down to the nationality that any manager succeeded or failed, it is down to the individual.

If you disagree with me fine but I won't be changing my opinion on that the England manager should be English. I wouldn't appoint Tuchel, Pochettino or Mourinho as England manager. 

26 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

If you disagree with me fine but I won't be changing my opinion on that the England manager should be English. I wouldn't appoint Tuchel, Pochettino or Mourinho as England manager. 

Presumably then, you are of the opinion that the manager of the women's team should not be in that role, even though she's just won the Euros, purely because she's not English.

• Like 6

58 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

If you don't want a foreign manager then I can totally understand that. Its not that which I am calling out, it is the desperate attempts to pick and choose the best performing of loads of historical English managers to try and imply that foreign managers as a collective would do an inferior job.

I am also interested to see your answer to the question posed by @Wheelton Blue