BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

World Cup 2022

4 minutes ago, DE. said:

Can see them getting humiliated against a decent side. Messi can save them against the likes of Mexico, but a good team will absolutely smash this Argentina side unless they improve hugely.

Don't know if they can improve that much. Their midfield isn't particularly technical or athletic.  Their forwards aren't doing much. Their centrebacks look slow 

4 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Don't know if they can improve that much. Their midfield isn't particularly technical or athletic.  Their forwards aren't doing much. Their centrebacks look slow 

argentina like germany and italy are masters at being **** while getting to the final of a major tournament,it must be in their dna,if england are rubbish we just can`t hang in there and grind a result out

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Relying on one player again.  They're a glorified wales 

The best player ever to grace the game was Diego Maradona, he not only won the World Cup on his own for Argentina, he also won the league twice on his own for Napoli.

Its happens roverandout.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Gav said:

The best player ever to grace the game was Diego Maradona, he not only won the World Cup on his own for Argentina, he also won the league twice on his own for Napoli.

Its happens roverandout.

2nd best player,pele was the best,he had careca to help at napoli as well,he used to set them up and careca would stick them in the net,best finisher iv`e ever seen was careca,even better than romario

England was poor last night but I do feel that USA deserved alot of credit for how they stop us playing. Adams in midfield for USA was outstanding. Saka was truly awful, and I would have taken him off at half time for Foden. Mount is quality player and in the first game you witness that, but USA didn't allow him to have the same impact on the game as the previous one. I thought Grealish sub was 10 mins too late for me. I understood and agreed with the Henderson one. Maguire was our best player yesterday. We got a draw and at the end of the day I think we will be the better for having to tough it out. 

5 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Denmark and France was one of the more eye catching games of the group stages, yet the build up will seemingly be dominated by England (and Wales) reaction. Boring.

What sort of build-up would you like to see and surely you would expect Our TV channels to give us daily updates on England 

39 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Argentina haven't justified the hype at all this tournament 

They have been poor all tournament and I think Mexico were solid defensive until the strike from Messi. I hope Mexico do score before the end. 

11 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Same goes for Saka for me, he lost the ball nearly every time he had it last night.  I don’t think playing him on the right wing when he’s predominantly left footed helps his cause though.

Even tho its where he plays for his club Arsenal every week and provided goals and assists for his club from that position? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gav said:

The best cheat to grace the game and he was addicted to cocaine for years during his playing days 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

England was poor last night but I do feel that USA deserved alot of credit for how they stop us playing. Adams in midfield for USA was outstanding. Saka was truly awful, and I would have taken him off at half time for Foden. Mount is quality player and in the first game you witness that, but USA didn't allow him to have the same impact on the game as the previous one. I thought Grealish sub was 10 mins too late for me. I understood and agreed with the Henderson one. Maguire was our best player yesterday. We got a draw and at the end of the day I think we will be the better for having to tough it out. 

What sort of build-up would you like to see and surely you would expect Our TV channels to give us daily updates on England 

They have been poor all tournament and I think Mexico were solid defensive until the strike from Messi. I hope Mexico do score before the end. 

Even tho its where he plays for his club Arsenal every week and provided goals and assists for his club from that position? 

You agreed with bringing Henderson on?! Crazy decision. Mount must know a secret about Southgate as he plays regularly over superior players.

I don't want to see constant, regurgitated interviews, I want them to talk about the game they are bloody showing! The lack of knowledge and research is astounding, the pundits should know in depth the various teams but it usually goes half an hour in the England camp, then maybe 2 minutes talking about the main player for the teams playing, always the same one.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

You agreed with bringing Henderson on?! Crazy decision. Mount must know a secret about Southgate as he plays regularly over superior players.

I don't want to see constant, regurgitated interviews, I want them to talk about the game they are bloody showing! The lack of knowledge and research is astounding, the pundits should know in depth the various teams but it usually goes half an hour in the England camp, then maybe 2 minutes talking about the main player for the teams playing, always the same one.

Tbf Henderson improved England's midfield a bit but to leave on mount who was awful was a criminal decision 

17 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

2nd best player,pele was the best,he had careca to help at napoli as well,he used to set them up and careca would stick them in the net,best finisher iv`e ever seen was careca,even better than romario

It’s all about opinions, but Pele played in a poor league, with pub players.

As for the best finisher, Alan Shearer was the best finisher I’ve ever seen. 

Edited by Gav

48 minutes ago, Silas said:

The hype was all around that 36 game unbeaten run.

But barring 3 games against Brazil, 1 against Italy, the teams in that run you wouldn't expect to have a chance of winning. 

That’s unfair IMO. We’re seeing with Ecuador that the South American sides are no mugs. Games against them (especially away), Uruguay, Colombia, Chile are far from easy.

As for Messi, the punditry at half time was embarrassing from Keane and Neville. ‘All he does is walk around’. That’s what he’s done his whole career. Jesus Christ. I’m pleased he shoved it right down their throats by full time.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 3