BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

Missed out on Porteous, Gelhardt, and probably Undav too. Not bothered about the first two but thought Undav would be a top signing. 

This is why the club try and keep all targets quiet as the vast majority won't end up coming here. 

At least we have signed Sorba who I think will add something but, equally, not a signing to get overly excited about.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

image.png.dffbd4baa602c44014bef17f6b5d8b24.png

Likely excuse at the end of the window "we tried" the same bullshit peddled out by Mowbray. Pretty obvious promotion is NEVER on the agenda and the club is now just a profit machine. Why should supporters get excited when the club stomps on that from the get-go

Would’ve liked Undav.

None of Gelhardt, Porteus and Haikin would be the solution to our obvious current problems, so I’m not too fussed on missing out on any of them three. The worry is we seem to have put significant time and effort into at least two of these and failed to get them over the line. Hopefully this isn’t at the expense of achievable targets we actually need.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Likely excuse at the end of the window "we tried" the same bullshit peddled out by Mowbray. Pretty obvious promotion is NEVER on the agenda and the club is now just a profit machine. Why should supporters get excited when the club stomps on that from the get-go

Whilst I agree with the general sentiment, I don't think anyone can argue that the club is set up to make a profit in any way.

If they really wanted a profit they'd be all in on promotion.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, superniko said:

We’d better hope the lads earning 6 figures a year spent some time ensuring they had other options and not just all these fallen through deals (the Bodo keeper, hibs defender, Geldhart and Brighton striker).

Considering they don’t have to do much else outside of the window I’d hope so.

Of course not. It's just a big jolly up behind the scenes.  Applicants apply for positions here because they know they are on easy money 

Just now, RTM08 said:

Whilst I agree with the general sentiment, I don't think anyone can argue that the club is set up to make a profit in any way.

If they really wanted a profit they'd be all in on promotion.

True.  I was going to say they can't even do that right as they let players run their contracts down 

• Like 1

We could make an almost decent 11 with the players we have missed out on.

Undav

Cantwell      ?          Gelhart

?                   ?

?        Porteous     Anel     ?

Haikan

Anyone else I've missed?

• Like 1

Wonder how much boro would be wanting for a McNair, djkesteel double , shore up our defence and give us a solid unit for years, wouldn’t need to think about defence in the summer. 

in the striker hunt surely we are looking for somebody that’s efficient in the air if we have brought in Thomas to put crosses in. I thought hugill would’ve been a good shout on a short term deal, but he has went to rotherham. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Wonder how much boro would be wanting for a McNair, djkesteel double , shore up our defence and give us a solid unit for years, wouldn’t need to think about defence in the summer. 

in the striker hunt surely we are looking for somebody that’s efficient in the air if we have brought in Thomas to put crosses in. I thought hugill would’ve been a good shout on a short term deal, but he has went to rotherham. 

I took it with a pinch of salt but some fella on one of the rovers Facebook's page said he heard we are in for McNair now that Porteous isn't happening 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ItsRoverZ said:

We could make an almost decent 11 with the players we have missed out on.

Undav

Cantwell      ?          Gelhart

?                   ?

?        Porteous     Anel     ?

Haikan

Anyone else I've missed?

Zidane 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

I would have taken Hugill as well but we obviously weren’t interested as surely, we could at least beat the Millers to a player 🙈

12 minutes ago, islander200 said:

I took it with a pinch of salt but some fella on one of the rovers Facebook's page said he heard we are in for McNair now that Porteous isn't happening 

I think McNair is a good player, capable in midfield and Centre Back. No idea how Lenihan keeps him out of the Boro side.

• Like 3

Genuinely not bothered about the Scottish defender - somebody pointed out that he's pretty average for a mid table SPL side.

And I'd much rather drop Philips into the side if any of the 3/4 first choice CBs aren't available - he'll develop into a far superior player.

But we do need a midfielder and a striker, goes without saying.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, J*B said:

Project signings are a thing of the past really with the latest FFP. 

Just imagine f they'd got a fee for one of two of the 4 that walked/soon to walk for nothing....

All the players fault though obviously.

• Like 3