BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

30 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

The only plan Rovers seem to have is the academy. 

Clearly, in the next couple of years, we will have an under 21 side and our first team will essentially be an under 23 side-all on low contracts. 

I thought the last window was poor but this one is on a different level of inept at seemingly every level of the club.  

The vicious circle then starts when these players make the step up and the first team doesn't have the quality to help them develop. If you look at the amount of academy prospects that get to our first team and then come to a crashing halt in terms of developing it is actually scary. The academy to first team plan has been in for years, Raya is the only person to bring in a decent fee. 

2 minutes ago, ItsRoverZ said:

Wow.. what a depressing start to the day, what a signing for them 

Is it though? I know nothing of the kid but to be released from your contract usually insinuates some kind of issue, be it attitude or physical.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, BigUts said:

Is it though? I know nothing of the kid but to be released from your contract usually insinuates some kind of issue, be it attitude or physical.

I promise you, onhama will rip up this league.  If he has issues with attitude then fair enough but if its simply for game time or anything else then he's going to help transform preston

• Like 2

Well…..the North End signing is a little depressing…..but, of greater concern to me is …currently we have a new winger ( right ) …does  this move Gallagher to play centrally ( shocking goal returns thus far ) ? Will Dack play off him ? Will we have Brererton wide left ( shocking goal return of late ) ….…

…..this forces  us to play  2 little boys in midfield…….always overrun by other Championship teams who play  3 men ? 

So much to look forward to…

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Feed the Yak said:

There we have it, the focus of the club is not on the play offs. Makes me wonder why I bother watching, as my incentive to go is to see us win football matches and that clearly isn't the aim here.

Sick of it.

Sickeningly shite. So glad I bought my half ST 😐

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Feed the Yak said:

There we have it, the focus of the club is not on the play offs. Makes me wonder why I bother watching, as my incentive to go is to see us win football matches and that clearly isn't the aim here.

Sick of it.

I can, kind of understand it IF there is a longer term plan at work here BUT it shouldn't be understated how good an opportunity we have this season to make the play offs and when these opportunities come around, you've surely got to make the most of it.

In addition to that, you look at the bottom 8 clubs in the premier league at present: Forest, Leicester, Leeds, West Ham, Wolves, Bournemouth, Everton and Southampton, 3 of those coming down next season will all be going back up again, which makes an assault on promotion next season almost impossible.

• Like 5