BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

1 minute ago, BigBar said:

Looks like the Lewis O'Brien loan is going to happen, I know we tend to be cautious on here about getting carried away but it appears to be looking good. Be delighted with it if it comes off.

Peter O’rourke is an iffy source which is a worry. I’d rather listen to Nixon & that’s saying a lot. With Sheff united apparently keeping Berge you’re correct it’s a good chance we could land him. I’m still worried about West Brom though…still have a feeling they will come in at some point. We won’t make it easy for us fans anyway.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Why would wanting probably the best midfielder in the league be a wind up. Striker is a must also but O’brien would be huge as long as the T&Cs arnt daft. We’re crying out for control in the middle aswell as a CF.

I just think we have no chance of Berge - he's being sought after by clubs far bigger than ourselves and any loan fee would be absolutely eye watering relative to our budget.

Wanting him is one thing, but the main blocker for Newcastle getting him is the fact they want a loan deal (rather than a £20m permanent deal). There's no way we can compete with them or any other Premier League club. 

EDIT - apologies if the Berge post was referenced as it increases our chance of getting O'Brien. Can see why him staying there would increase the chances of us signing O'Brien! 

Edited by smiller14

2 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Peter O’rourke is an iffy source which is a worry. I’d rather listen to Nixon & that’s saying a lot. With Sheff united apparently keeping Berge you’re correct it’s a good chance we could land him. I’m still worried about West Brom though…still have a feeling they will come in at some point. We won’t make it easy for us fans anyway.

Yeah he used to be fairly reliable but his hit rate has been abysmal (certainly for Rovers) for a bit now.

I won't believe anyone is signing until it's announced on the Rovers website.

Just now, smiller14 said:

I just think we have no chance of Berge - he's being sought after by clubs far bigger than ourselves and any loan fee would be absolutely eye watering relative to our budget.

Wanting him is one thing, but the main blocker for Newcastle getting him is the fact they want a loan deal (rather than a £20m permanent deal). There's no way we can compete with them or any other Premier League club. 

Mate that post was bringing in O’brien…O’Brien is linked with both us & Sheff united. Sheff united cannot buy anyone unless they sell Berge. Berge is supposedly staying which puts us, hopefully, on the front foot with O’brien.

10 minutes ago, smiller14 said:

We aint after Berge.It Lewis O'Brien.Sheffield need to sell Berge to get involved in the 0'Brien chase

2 minutes ago, smiller14 said:

Pretty sure nobody has suggested to get Berge?!

Yeah it's always a stress waiting for actual confirmation but Sharpe also confirmed we are in for him and looks like Berge is staying so hopefully we get on with it and get it done. Would be an unreal bit of business.

I'd like a striker but a commanding center midfielder is priority. I know we are struggling for goals but we don't create chances. We need to win the midfield battle, get a foothold in a game, then chances will be created. Not dealing with our lightweight and easily bullied midfield in favour of a striker is like being told your house has subsidence and buying a new pair of curtains. Ofcourse, O,Brien and a striker is dreamland.

• Like 4

Mate that post was bringing in O’brien…O’Brien is linked with both us & Sheff united. Sheff united cannot buy anyone unless they sell Berge. Berge is supposedly staying which puts us, hopefully, on the front foot with O’brien.

Apologies, I realised after my latest post and edited my reply - but not in time it seems! Just saw the one picture out of context and made an arse of myself 😆

Been a bit late to the transfer rumour party and didn't know Sheffield United were in the hunt as well. Makes total sense though!

*removes egg from face*

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Based on what?

Sources saying we are the front runners and he has been given the go ahead to leave. Sheff United look to be out of it now that Berge appears to be staying, O Brien going there was based on them selling Berge. Think it's looking good for us.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Pretty sure nobody has suggested to get Berge?!

5 minutes ago, islander200 said:

We aint after Berge.It Lewis O'Brien.Sheffield need to sell Berge to get involved in the 0'Brien chase

Apologies, clarified above. Saw the one post out of context, but now understand why it has a knock-on effect.

Back on topic - O'Brien would be a superb signing. We desperately need a striker too though, so hope something is going on behind the scenes. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, smiller14 said:

Apologies, I realised after my latest post and edited my reply - but not in time it seems! Just saw the one picture out of context and made an arse of myself 😆

Been a bit late to the transfer rumour party and didn't know Sheffield United were in the hunt as well. Makes total sense though!

*removes egg from face*

Tbf it could have been interpreted as he meant Berge as the article was relating to him. You should get a pass 😉

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

They'd better loan out Ash Phillips if that's the case. His camp will be furious if we've got him to commit his future to us as part of a long-term project then signed a 30+ year old CB in January when he's not looked out of place in his limited appearances. 

• Like 5