BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Watford (a) - 11/02/2023

4 minutes ago, rock steady said:

Did you negotiate them up, or they come straight in with that?

(Football Manager 2020 related, skip if you're not interested)

Not gonna lie, I fudge player sales. I think it's some weird sort of OCD thing in me that I feel the need to get maximum value (save, offer to clubs at what I think I should get, reload and try again with a smaller or higher ask depending what happened). Yeh it's cheating, but it's more an obsession, as I do it even when I have way too much money in the bank and for players worth about 100k! I don't do it with matches. Sometimes you can get way more for players than you think (like with JRC, I probably started asking about 12 mill which is what the game said his value was), and I don't like the idea that I'm missing out. I also like to pick apart how the transfer system on the game works, cos I like to know how stuff works. Doing so has made me see there are some really weird, sometimes unfair and unrealistic, quirks in there, which heightens my sense that I don't want to get shafted out of a good fee lol! Things like, a club is willing to pay up to 10 million, but if you ask for 10.5 million they won't even make a bid, rather than offering 9 or 10 and seeing whether you'll accept. Frankly it's a waste of my time but I weirdly enjoy it.

It also helped me figure out that almost universally, you can pay exactly 1/3 of a player's price up front and the other 2/3 in 12-monthly installments over 3 years. Super useful, as only the first third comes off your budget for this season (the rest comes off when installments are due, but gives you time to make the money for it). And you can usually pay about half the fee based on league appearances (and still split the guaranteed bit into thirds), very useful for players you know won't ever play for you and are just development and resale projects. They only want slightly more (like 10 percent maybe) than they'd want if you paid it all up front. Might be different on later FMs.

Ahh the inevitable Watford equaliser...

• Like 1

Can see them winning this now with 15 to go, really don't get why we try hold on for 30 minutes, do that in the last 10 to 15 not almost an entire half 

Thomas needs fitness I get that but him going off didn't help us as an attacking threat and we must have the weakest midfield in the league? 

1 minute ago, BigBar said:

Poor from Gally has to be said. Just help it out for a corner or throw..sent it back into the danger zone.

Who was saying he’s worth his place as he’s good at defending corners? 🙄

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ItsRoverZ said:

Can see them winning this now with 15 to go, really don't get why we try hold on for 30 minutes, do that in the last 10 to 15 not almost an entire half 

Thomas needs fitness I get that but him going off didn't help us as an attacking threat and we must have the weakest midfield in the league? 

Thomas is on a yellow too - probably the right decision to take him off. 

• Like 2