BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Watford (a) - 11/02/2023

44 minutes ago, booth said:

He'll be on a decent contract, who will want him?

Just a shocking player. Add to that Brereton sauntering around on his holidays and it's an amazing result.

offer him to other clubs for a nominal fee,sure we`ll get  half a million for him,he`s pretty well thought of my other clubs in the division who don`t have to watch him every week

• Like 1

Just watched the highlights on sky's website.

Very composed indeed from Dack, the only player we have intelligent enough to realise that quickly that the first shooting option was closed down (that close to goal anyway, where many players would just think they have to shoot immediately before the chance is gone).

The only person I put blame on for the Watford goal is Travis. The keeper doesn't have good enough eyes on that to be culpable, fired through too many bodies. Travis though, he was ball watching instead of sensing the danger and getting close to the goalscorer. It was a fairly small window to figure it out though, since he had started off by 'marking' the space between two unmarked players, so not tons of blame, but ideally he should be doing better for sure.

My take from the game 

Good point in the end.

Decision making is awful at both ends at decisive moments . 

So many times with a better or quicker pass we would have been in.

Morton is awful . Pedestrian at best . Should be playing our own players in front of any loan unless the loan player is exceptional talent . Elliot for example. 

Buckley has had a really bad season. But did more with the ball in his first 5 minutes on the pitch that morton had done all game .

Diaz just piss off. Not interested in playing for us at all . 

Clearing the ball. How can we not clear a ball more than 10 yards

We constantly invite pressure by shit clearances 

Edited by Rochdale_rover
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Cherry Blue said:

He's had too many chances and it's obvious he's saving himself for Spain at our expense.

Simply don't play him again.

I agree if he won't sign for us. If he was to agree a contract with us, I would give him a chance to prove himself again. I think in the summer clubs will be seing, who can get him for the cheapest, rather than who is going to pay the most. 

Edited by rigger

1 minute ago, bluebruce said:

Very composed indeed from Dack, the only player we have intelligent enough to realise that quickly that the first shooting option was closed down (that close to goal anyway, where many players would just think they have to shoot immediately before the chance is gone).

The only person I put blame on for the Watford goal is Travis. The keeper doesn't have good enough eyes on that to be culpable, fired through too many bodies. Travis though, he was ball watching instead of sensing the danger and getting close to the goalscorer. It was a fairly small window to figure it out though, since he had started off by 'marking' the space between two unmarked players, so not tons of blame, but ideally he should be doing better for sure.

Disappointing in that we had 4 or 5 opportunities to stop that goal: Brereton’s failure to stop the run, Gally could’ve held back a bit and not given the ref the chance, Gally’s header was awful, no-one stayed with the scorer who held back from the charge in, and Carter could’ve done a Hendry and got his knackers down low in anticipation of the shot. But then they missed two absolute sitters so overall a fair result. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

offer him to other clubs for a nominal fee,sure we`ll get  half a million for him,he`s pretty well thought of my other clubs in the division who don`t have to watch him every week

The annoying thing is that Mowbray was allowed a whole host of passengers on big money. Douglas, Downing, Holtby, Rodwell etc etc.

JDT / Broughton aren't afforded the luxury of any, such is the new wage structure. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

The annoying thing is that Mowbray was allowed a whole host of passengers on big money. Douglas, Downing, Holtby, Rodwell etc etc.

JDT / Broughton aren't afforded the luxury of any, such is the new wage structure. 

id`e forgot about douglas,he was so slow he made pickering look rapid☺️

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Brereton could have stopped it before it even started, but he chickened out and pretended it wasn't happening. As he did against Wigan in the second half several times.

Just watched the highlights and it doesn't show how the free kick occured.

Edited by booth
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

The lad from Forest was coming in on anything between £35-£65k a week according to the leak at the training ground.

38 minutes ago, Gav said:

I’m surprised 1/2 a season wonder Brereton isn’t getting more flack. He pissed off to Chile last season and was either injured or anonymous after christmas and this season I hear he’s still in U.K. but is equally as anonymous. 

You might have half a point if you didn't continually give Gallagher (who has done far less than BBD even in that form) a free pass.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto Mk2 said:

Disappointing in that we had 4 or 5 opportunities to stop that goal: Brereton’s failure to stop the run, Gally could’ve held back a bit and not given the ref the chance, Gally’s header was awful, no-one stayed with the scorer who held back from the charge in, and Carter could’ve done a Hendry and got his knackers down low in anticipation of the shot. But then they missed two absolute sitters so overall a fair result. 

There's a good argument that we would have been better off without him being there at all. Their lad heads over the bar - 0-1.

1627081532_Screenshot2023-02-11at18_12_25.thumb.png.7a4c6483c8377967ff50c794aa6f734a.png

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Bit harsh to bracket Holtby in with those other players but otherwise fair point.

Add in to that paying Mulgrew £1m p.a. for two seasons to play for League one Clubs.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

the usage of Brereton amidst a tactic of not far off a back 6 is infuriating, surely if you are going to play so defensively you at least have him up top and Dolan further back?

Would BBD offer anything more up front than Dolan? 

Dolan can press the front like the front 4 did first half and can run in behind and in between defenders

6 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Carter was man of the match and Wharton has improved alongside him, big question mark once Hyam returns as to what we do. 

Carter and Hyam for me. 

1 minute ago, Exiled_Rover said:

You think he'd be a passenger? Everyone else is telling me he's the best CM in the Championship.

I thought you point was around the wage structure in general, my mistake. 

Edited by Gav

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Bit harsh to bracket Holtby in with those other players but otherwise fair point.

Add in to that paying Mulgrew £1m p.a. for two seasons to play for League one Clubs.

Holtby was poor for most of his time here - when he wasn't injured. I just picked out a couple, I could list a whole host of them, really. 

• Like 1

Frustrating goal to give up, but otherwise can't fault that away performance.

Seemed to be a lot of odd miscommunications attacking down the right (our goal aside!) and Brereton largely anonymous on the left. Finally did cut in with some purpose near the end of his shift, but definitely need more from him...

Travis was driving me nuts in the first half, but then had a classic battling performance in the 2nd. Hope it's a sign of a resurgence from him.

Really impressed with Carter, who had his hands full all game and came out quite well.

JRC had some awkward moments in defence - he and Thomas didn't quite seem in sync defending down the right - but have to give him credit for the results again, plus a key contribution to the goal.

Wish Pears was a bit more commanding defending crosses - had some great punches, but you wish he wasn't having to punch in the first place! - but continued his steady keeping otherwise.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Gav said:

The lad from Forest was coming in on anything between £35-£65k a week according to the leak at the training ground.

Isn't he on more like 30k a week?

23 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

@chaddyrovers do you stand by the decision to keep him?

We never got an acceptable bid from anymore in the summer. The offers were poor to be very honest. 

If we had sold him in the summer we don't know where our season or league position would be. Just think about first