BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Watford (a) - 11/02/2023

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I would drop BBD for next game and play Hedges there. 

Yet we are still create some chances but we lack that Striker to stretch the play until the summer. 

Watford form going into this wasn't great 7 points from their last 6 games. 

I can say that based on the game I listened to on Radio Lancs, people comments at the game but I would expect them to dominate the game given their squad quality

I agree regarding BBD. He needs to sit the next game on the bench.

• Like 2

• Herbie6590 changed the title to v Watford (a) - 11/02/2023
  • Herbie6590 unpinned this topic
46 minutes ago, RoversTilliDie said:

If we could get BBD back to anything like his best alongside Dack, I would say your talking rubbish. Carter had a good game which can only improve Rovers if it continues.

Just simply seen enough no shows to make my mind up,Burnley,Preston,Rotherham..just simply awful,gutless performances.

We lack quality throughout the side and its sadly not been addressed.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yet we are still create some chances but we lack that Striker to stretch the play until the summer. 

I can say that based on the game I listened to on Radio Lancs, people comments at the game but I would expect them to dominate the game given their squad quality

You must at least find it a little wasteful that our assets value has declined by over £8m as his form falls off a cliff.

Surely Brereton is our best bet for a striker who offers a threat in behind? In the absence of a functioning recruitment team, its worth a go.

5 hours ago, Ossydave said:

On the flipside, he comes in and does fuck all and his confidence takes a battering. I think they're being ultra cautious so I doubt we'll see much of him.

What I do find odd is that our attacking players haven't improved whatsoever under JDT, a striker himself by trade. Part of this is due to his insistence on them performing defensive duties too. Brereton was essentially a wing back at times yesterday as part of a back 6!

Brereton-Diaz and Gallagher (or Thomas, or Dolan) are asked to cover in a 4-2-3-1 and a 4-3-3. It's only when you play them upfront in the 5-3-2 (or whatever variation you want to call it - 3-5-2 etc) that you don't find them tracking back with the Full Back. 

He's not being asked to do anything out of the ordinary - it's a staple of the 'new' formations in football. The reason people are saying we were 'playing with a back 6' is because Watford were on the front foot.

5 hours ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

I bet he finds the arrival promo that Rovers produced where he bumps into Sam Gallagher and goes ‘ah a striker!’ very ironic now. 

I laughed at the time.

As I've always said, when Gallagher walks through that door / runs out like a gazelle onto the training pitch every single new coach will think "bloody hell, we've got a 6'4" monster here". Then you see him try to trap a ball or shoot and your heart sinks. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

You must at least find it a little wasteful that our assets value has declined by over £8m as his form falls off a cliff.

No I don't. BBD is having a period of bad form currently but that happens in football. 

Surely Brereton is our best bet for a striker who offers a threat in behind?

Not for me in his current form. He needs a rest. For me that would be the next game. 

In the absence of a functioning recruitment team, its worth a go.

What the recruitment team got to do with the form of BBD? 

1 hour ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Just simply seen enough no shows to make my mind up,Burnley,Preston,Rotherham..just simply awful,gutless performances.

We lack quality throughout the side and its sadly not been addressed.

Those are the games that could put you in the play offs at the end of the season, providing you win them.

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

No I don't. BBD is having a period of bad form currently but that happens in football. 

Not for me in his current form. He needs a rest. For me that would be the next game. 

Because we didnt manage to sign a striker. Therefore I am saying that it is worth trying him up top rather than being a second left back in Tomasson's negative tactics, especially as the standard of the alternatives isnt high.

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

He’s been resting for the last few games tbh. He’s not exactly playing at full tilt….

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Because we didnt manage to sign a striker. Therefore I am saying that it is worth trying him up top rather than being a second left back in Tomasson's negative tactics, especially as the standard of the alternatives isnt high.

The recruitment team don't make signings tho. They scout, research, data analysed potential signings then recommend players who they we should target but its down to GB to sign them and he took full responsibility for the failing of striker signing. 

on Tomasson's negative tactics, I wouldn't say that they are negative but fairly logical if you look at it from tactical point of view. Against Wigan JDT wanted his back 4 to keep Wigan front 3 quiet which they did but it was the responsibility of our wide players to track their wing backs back when defensive which is fairly standard thing to do. 

on playing BBD up front, I wouldn't for the WBA game as I would rest him and give him a break. I would play Dolan up front with Thomas, Dack and Hedges in behind with Travis and Buckley in centre midfield 

26 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

He’s been resting for the last few games tbh. He’s not exactly playing at full tilt….

No he hasn't but is there factors we don't know about like maybe carrying an injury for example purposes 

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

The recruitment team don't make signings tho. They scout, research, data analysed potential signings then recommend players who they we should target but its down to GB to sign them and he took full responsibility for the failing of striker signing. 

on Tomasson's negative tactics, I wouldn't say that they are negative but fairly logical if you look at it from tactical point of view. Against Wigan JDT wanted his back 4 to keep Wigan front 3 quiet which they did but it was the responsibility of our wide players to track their wing backs back when defensive which is fairly standard thing to do. 

on playing BBD up front, I wouldn't for the WBA game as I would rest him and give him a break. I would play Dolan up front with Thomas, Dack and Hedges in behind with Travis and Buckley in centre midfield 

No he hasn't but is there factors we don't know about like maybe carrying an injury for example purposes 

Or, maybe he can't be bothered ?

Maybe thinking of his move,

Maybe doesn't want to get injured,

Maybe just keeping up his fitness levels,

No excuse is acceptable. If he won't sign for our club, the club should drop him.

They are negative. We had a back 6 for much of a home game v bottom of the league. Yes wingers need to track back but we are often penned in like you wouldnt believe with no plan regarding getting the ball and keeping the ball in attacking areas.

1 minute ago, rigger said:

No excuse is acceptable. If he won't sign for our club, the club should drop him.

He shouldnt be dropped just because he wants to move on, its our owners fault for refusing to sell him.

If he isnt contributing then drop him to the bench, and there is an argument for that. I dont think he merely is just not trying though and none of our attacking players are flourishing in these defensive tactics so for me Tomasson needs to look deeper and try to get him further forward. He will score more goals than any of our other forwards if we play to his strengths as the previous manager did for all of his faults.

No point cutting our nose off to spite our face.

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

He shouldnt be dropped just because he wants to move on, its our owners fault for refusing to sell him.

If he isnt contributing then drop him to the bench, and there is an argument for that. I dont think he merely is just not trying though and none of our attacking players are flourishing in these defensive tactics so for me Tomasson needs to look deeper and try to get him further forward. He will score more goals than any of our other forwards if we play to his strengths as the previous manager did for all of his faults.

No point cutting our nose off to spite our face.

But he is not OUR nose. His performances recently are deserving of being dropped from the squad, never mind his contract status.

• Like 3

Just now, rigger said:

But he is not OUR nose. His performances recently are deserving of being dropped from the squad, never mind his contract status.

If it is deemed that he isnt trying then id get it but I dont swallow that. We will be a better side if we can get him scoring and the key is to get him further forward.

He is our player now, just like Thomas, Ayala, Dack etc who also should be jettisoned if we arent interested in players not contracted into next season. 

9 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

They are negative. We had a back 6 for much of a home game v bottom of the league. Yes wingers need to track back but we are often penned in like you wouldnt believe with no plan regarding getting the ball and keeping the ball in attacking areas.

They aren't negative but just basic tactical approach to playing against 3-4-3 formation vs 4-2-3-1 formation. 

9 minutes ago, rigger said:

or maybe they are other things going on that we shouldn't know about.

I think he is out of form and maybe carrying an injury. 

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Not once has he ever said he wanted out of Rovers at any point this season

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

They aren't negative but just basic tactical approach to playing against 3-4-3 formation vs 4-2-3-1 formation. 

or maybe they are other things going on that we shouldn't know about.

I think he is out of form and maybe carrying an injury. 

Not once has he ever said he wanted out of Rovers at any point this season

Its not about the formation, our tactics are very passive and we are always very deep. Wingers should track back but not spend most of the game on the toes of the full back. We are a negative team under Tomasson and offer minimal attacking threat.

6 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Its not about the formation, our tactics are very passive and we are always very deep. Wingers should track back but not spend most of the game on the toes of the full back. We are a negative team under Tomasson and offer minimal attacking threat.

I wouldn't call us a negative team at all but a very well drilled team when defending but need improves in attacking areas and scoring goals. 

Yes I would be looking for minimal of 2 strikers and 1 left winger signings in the summer. 

I wouldn't call us a negative team at all but a very well drilled team when defending but need improves in attacking areas and scoring goals. 

Yes I would be looking for minimal of 2 strikers and 1 left winger signings in the summer. 

We are aside from some horror shoes usually well drilled although we have started to quite regularly throw away leads. Defensively Tomasson is definitely better as a manager than attacking because we havent really carried a threat all season, we havent created many chances all season and we often over work the defence because the ball comes straight back.

We have a tough summer ahead with Brereton going for free. The likes of Dolan, Hedges, Gallagher and Szmodics dont score many.

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I don't disagree, although I can't help but think that we'd be swapping a player who might score, for one who never scores.

• Like 1

We are aside from some horror shoes usually well drilled although we have started to quite regularly throw away leads. Defensively Tomasson is definitely better as a manager than attacking because we havent really carried a threat all season, we havent created many chances all season and we often over work the defence because the ball comes straight back.

Needs improvements in the final third for sure but defensive we have been quite solid. 

We have a tough summer ahead with Brereton going for free. The likes of Dolan, Hedges, Gallagher and Szmodics dont score many.

The work for this summer recruitment is under away now I bet. Every transfer window is a tough one. 

53 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

I don't disagree, although I can't help but think that we'd be swapping a player who might score, for one who never scores.

Hedges has scored this season.