BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season tickets 2023-24 - what could/should be offered ?

An early decent striker signing would be massive in terms of selling tickets. I think a lot of people are sick of watching us Huff and Puff. Broughton has hopefully learnt from his pathetic January window.

in my opinion GB is as guilty as anyone/thing why we have tailed off in recent weeks. The squad needed help and JDT was let down.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, rigger said:

The most practical idea would be for season ticket prices to be reduced to a level that more people will buy

This and only this 👍

Talk of 10 games and pick and choose STs sounds nice bit it's business suicide for a club like Rovers.  If we were selling 10k+ guaranteed and wanted to draw a few more after initial sales had finished then fair enough.

As we are though to risk decimating it even further in favour of part time tickets is a no go, i have issues with plenty things on their handling of STs but back them on this.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, rigger said:

The most practical idea would be for season ticket prices to be reduced to a level that more people will buy

Or both.

Cheaper season ticket prices that are affordable and a membership scheme that offers reduced prices for match tickets. 

You price it so its more cost effective for the season ticket. 

This really is not difficult at all. It just requires brain power and effort. Unfortunately if you have either of these qualities then that eliminates you from being accepted into a senior role at this club. 

Edited by Upside Down
  • Like 1

Well the club are actually still saying a ‘week to go at saver prices’. Are they actually going to increase prices in a weeks time when by their own admission they aren’t even sure we’ll hit 6k by the deadline?

Though I suppose we had the same charade last season until they panic extended it at the last minute.

21 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

are they any clubs who offer a similar thing to what the Rovers trust is offering? 

Rovers need to stop looking at what other clubs do and figure out an appropriate response for our situation.

You’ll struggle to find another club whose gates are as low as ours in terms of percentage of capacity, which tells us the offering over recent seasons is not attractive and we need a radical new approach.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Rovers need to stop looking at what other clubs do and figure out an appropriate response for our situation.

You’ll struggle to find another club whose gates are as low as ours in terms of percentage of capacity, which tells us the offering over recent seasons is not attractive and we need a radical new approach.

I wanted to know if other clubs have similar approach to the once that the trust is proposing. 

I think the price is more reasonable for myself whilst others positions it isn't

We are considerably more expensive than all our local rivals, and we’ve hardly had a home game not on Sky for 6 months.

The club isn’t sure we’ll even hit 6k by the early bird deadline, so I would say, on the whole, the fanbase has decided they are not ‘reasonable’.

• Like 2

What I might be able to do for now is deduce is how many new ST holders we have per day.

Currently, the seat map tells me there are 10,372 unavailable seats. Until the "save your seat" period ends, it won't be possible to say how many we've sold for next season because all of last season's season ticket seats will be unavailable during this period, whether they're renewed or not.

If an existing ST holder moves seats, their previous seat will turn from unavailable to available, so that's -1, and their new seat will turn from available to unavailable, so that's +1. Or 0 (no difference).

If a new seat are taken outside of the currently unavailable set, then that's + 1, or a new ST.

I will do a count tomorrow and see what the figure gives me.

Edited by goozburger
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, goozburger said:

What I might be able to do for now is deduce is how many new ST holders we have per day.

Currently, the seat map tells me there are 10,372 unavailable seats. Until the "save your seat" period ends, it won't be possible to say how many we've sold for next season because all of last season's season ticket seats will be unavailable during this period, whether they're renewed or not.

If an existing ST holder moves seats, their previous seat will turn from unavailable to available, so that's -1, and their new seat will turn from available to unavailable, so that's +1. Or 0 (no difference).

If a new seat are taken outside of the currently unavailable set, then that's + 1, or a new ST.

I will do a count tomorrow and see what the figure gives me.

Thankyou very much for doing that. 

3 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Probably one of the wealthiest suburbs in England.

Ian Clarke, the vice-chair of the Fulham supporter’s trust, says the blanket increase in the other stands is causing the biggest consternation. “Not every Fulham fan lives locally with a nice apartment overlooking the river. Fans have been coming for generations. Our catchment area spreads down the M3, all the way to Surrey,” says Clarke, who has been supporting Fulham for 50 years.

“There’s room for all, the Riverside Stand provides some fantastic opportunities to sell high-priced hospitality experiences and bring the revenue in, we just need them to remember that the grassroots fans aren’t necessarily the ones with the extra cash.

“We want the club to be sustainable. We don’t want the ground to be full of short-term visitors, who can afford to pay, but won’t stick around with the club.”

2 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Ian Clarke, the vice-chair of the Fulham supporter’s trust, says the blanket increase in the other stands is causing the biggest consternation. “Not every Fulham fan lives locally with a nice apartment overlooking the river. Fans have been coming for generations. Our catchment area spreads down the M3, all the way to Surrey,” says Clarke, who has been supporting Fulham for 50 years.

“There’s room for all, the Riverside Stand provides some fantastic opportunities to sell high-priced hospitality experiences and bring the revenue in, we just need them to remember that the grassroots fans aren’t necessarily the ones with the extra cash.

“We want the club to be sustainable. We don’t want the ground to be full of short-term visitors, who can afford to pay, but won’t stick around with the club.”

It's a third full of tourists all the time and has been ever since Fayeds brass made them famous again.

Only club iv'e known to have a neutral section at one end i think that fella is kidding himself if he thinks they'd fill it without targeting the hoorah's and day trippers.

6D15FE8B-9F11-4598-A614-391DC7547E52.jpeg.c9c70bb4505cc1c87b4797d27bd15b28.jpeg

This was tagged into the pre-match email for tomorrow. It’s really annoyed me.

1. On initial inspection it looks like an error

2. the “based on 10 payments” is snook in on the top corner, no asterisks next to the advertised prices, no “per month” underneath

3. The figures are wrong. My payments are actually £38.10 because of the stealth booking fee they add to all tickets. My first payment which I’ve just made was £80.20 because it also includes the fee you pay to the finance company

I’ve bought 2 today for me and my daughter. I work shifts so won’t be able to attend all the games but there is a better vibe around the club at the minute.

its essential we kick on from this season and back JDT. We need to make some strong signings, not just players who make up the numbers. I don’t believe WBA, Norwich and Watford will be so poor next season and you add those to 3 big teams coming down.

• Like 2

Ultimately what this season's prices show is that the club still holds the fans in complete and utter contempt.

Whilst every other club in the surrounding area has made real efforts to engage with supporters and make them feel a part of the club along with ensuring the club is a key part of the local community, Rovers have done the exact opposite. 

In some ways the offer a £379 "early bird" price is even more disrespectful than jacking the prices up.

• Like 1

Thoughtful piece Herbie, however your final paragraph…

‘home league games worked in the 1970s - but we are in the Web 3.0, contactless payment, e-commerce, blockchain, subscription world - is it still truly fit for purpose ? ‘

I would say booming attendances across English football, PNE, Bolton etc. selling considerably more STs than they did pre Covid says they still do work in the format they are in and it’s price, price, price.

• Like 7

25 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Thoughtful piece Herbie, however your final paragraph…

‘home league games worked in the 1970s - but we are in the Web 3.0, contactless payment, e-commerce, blockchain, subscription world - is it still truly fit for purpose ? ‘

I would say booming attendances across English football, PNE, Bolton etc. selling considerably more STs than they did pre Covid says they still do work in the format they are in and it’s price, price, price.

As with any other industry it ultimately comes down to how good the product is and the price being charged for it.

In the case of Rovers, the product isn’t limited to ‘on the field’.

For example, I expect there are some fans who aren’t willing to pay these prices, but would be if they knew the money would definitely be invested in the team.

One thing I would look to do (on top of lowering the prices) is charging the same amount whether someone pays ‘upfront’ or in installments.

I know STH get priority on away ticket sales, but do they get any other ‘benefits’?- I’m thinking of things like a discount in the club shop and on the concourses.

Edited by wilsdenrover
  • Like 2