BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season tickets 2023-24 - what could/should be offered ?

27 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

To be fair it’s only an odd one on here, the wider fanbase is a different issue.

Ask around you in August and see who a lot of them blame for these shocking sales - overpriced tickets or ‘shit fans’.

It does often feel the case - but this year there seems to be a bit more agreement (albeit just from scanning socials). e.g. the first twitter post for ST had almost all negative responses to prices, whereas previously it felt people would be more 'get behind the club ffs'.

Also the recent image with ST prices for the league and Rovers being 5th (I think) alongside the likes of Leeds has maybe opened a few extra eyes.

Edited by superniko

3 minutes ago, lraC said:

During 90's both of my children were born and both enjoyed free season tickets up to the age of 8. Their (now late) mother chose not to come, so it was 2 free and one paid for by me.

They both got the bug and these days my son is as mad a Rovers fan as I am and that is despite them growing up in Bolton and going to school in Bolton.

My son moved to Blackburn when his Mum passed away 3 years ago, so that he is nearer to my family and the football ground. My daughter lives in Preston and her son (my first and as yet only grandchild) is a Rovers fan and attended his first match at the age of 4 joining myself and my sin, as we proudly had the 3 generation attending.

Who knows if my son and daughters tickets had been free if they would have followed the club as much, but there is one thing for certain, it gave the club the best chance possible of attracting the fans of the future.

How nice would it be, if even a £50 season ticket was available to the under 8's were available. Sadly, there is no chance of that happening, under the current stewardship,

An under 12s ticket is ‘only’ £10 more than this (I think they should be free as well)

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Oh it’s definitely turned on social media… but I just know what those around me will be saying!

It is true, very rarely if ever do I hear people around us who go to every game complain about prices. We do, I'm being honest, regularly complain about fans who  now "choose" to stay away. 

34 minutes ago, M_B said:

It is true, very rarely if ever do I hear people around us who go to every game complain about prices. We do, I'm being honest, regularly complain about fans who  now "choose" to stay away. 

I choose to not buy a season ticket, because I think they are not value for money. That does not mean I stay away. What it means is that I pick and choose games that I will attend. Nobody home or away has had a go at me about this.

• Like 2

Football is unique in many ways, you can spend 9 months of the year being treated like shit by the club, by sky and sometimes by the police at games and then you can't wait to pay hundreds of pounds to the same people to treat you like shit all over again, year after year!

Whats not to like? Roll up roll up.

😃

• Like 3

3 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

Genuinely amazed (I probably shouldn't be) that there are fans of this club arguing on here that think the ST prices are fine and value for money.

I’m not even sure they really believe it. There’s a reluctance from some to say anything that might be deemed remotely critical, they wear their “positive” badge with real pride.

I think there’s also an element of people being a bit flash. They want to make sure everyone is aware the money isn’t an issue for them to find, then they couple this with a complete lack of anything resembling empathy.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Doogs said:

So you chose to ignore the free tickets at PNE? But yet take note of the price decrease. Selective arnt you...Just saying..

Waggott literally gives out free season tickets.

22 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

I’m not even sure they really believe it. There’s a reluctance from some to say anything that might be deemed remotely critical, they wear their “positive” badge with real pride.

I think there’s also an element of people being a bit flash. They want to make sure everyone is aware the money isn’t an issue for them to find, then they couple this with a complete lack of anything resembling empathy.

Spot on, maybe some or immune to the rampant inflation. Both myself and my wife earn good money. But out mortgage is going up over 300 quid a month, gas going up 150 quid a month. Somethings got to give and rovers made it easy for me not to renew 

51 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

I think social media has a lot to answer for Miller11.

This description was once called loyalty to Blackburn Rovers and I have to say I wore this badge with pride many years ago, it wasn't frowned upon but encouraged, praised and fought for at times. 

These days, probably because of the owners, its seen as negative and embarrassing, which I understand. But posters/fans shouldn't be hounded for having loyalty as described above to Blackburn Rovers in my opinion, whatever has gone on in the past.

How times change.

Edited by Gav
  • Like 1

Depends how you define ‘loyalty’ to a football club, I buy my ST every summer, but my ‘loyalty’ to Blackburn Rovers is more than just buying a ticket and then closing my eyes and ears to poor decision making by here today, gone tomorrow executives, in order to remain ‘loyal’

My loyalty is looking out for what I deem to be the best interests of the club, as we, the fans, are the one constant -  not slavishly following the official line because it comes out of the mouth of some over promoted  plonker in a club tie…

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 7

5 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

Genuinely amazed (I probably shouldn't be) that there are fans of this club arguing on here that think the ST prices are fine and value for money.

All depending on people's circumstances and what they are do. As I said previously that I think they are value for money from my own perspective and financial situation. I can attend every home game without any problem. 

For others is it a struggle to afford the price or can't make every game for examples meaning a ST isn't viable for them. So that's why they need be cheaper overall for a season.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gav said:

I think social media has a lot to answer for Miller11.

This description was once called loyalty to Blackburn Rovers and I have to say I wore this badge with pride many years ago, it wasn't frowned upon but encouraged, praised and fought for at times. 

These days, probably because of the owners, its seen as negative and embarrassing, which I understand. But posters/fans shouldn't be hounded for having loyalty as described above to Blackburn Rovers in my opinion, whatever has gone on in the past.

How times change.

Nothing at all wrong with being proud to be a Rovers fan, that point still stands today even though most of what we’ve got to be proud of is historic.

I don’t think it’s particularly loyal to deny things that are blatantly wrong at the club. Would someone who supported Steve Kean have been more loyal than those who protested against him?

Is supporting a pricing structure that is steadily eroding our gates and in turn our fanbase really loyal to BRFC?

• Like 9

7 hours ago, Gav said:

Football is unique in many ways, you can spend 9 months of the year being treated like shit by the club, by sky and sometimes by the police at games and then you can't wait to pay hundreds of pounds to the same people to treat you like shit all over again, year after year!

Whats not to like? Roll up roll up.

😃

As soon as the contempt towards the fans came from the club, I was gone.

The club need the fans more than the fans need the club.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Upside Down said:

As soon as the contempt towards the fans came from the club, I was gone.

The club need the fans more than the fans need the club.

The owners don't and thats been half the problem i said years ago i think they'd still fund it even if no one turned up anymore.

It's their toy.

• Like 1

Season Ticket Estimate

Latest: 8,124 (+18)

Notes:

• The estimate is based upon the total number of saleable seats to home supporters (18,210), minus the amount of unavailable (sold) seats.
  • (+xx) represents the difference in season ticket sales from the previous estimate (usually 24 hours).
  • 159 seats in block W01 are marked as unavailable (sold), but are not saleable due to being cordoned-off. These are therefore excluded from the season ticket estimate.
  • 376 seats for supporters requiring ground-level font-row access are marked as unavailable (sold), but appear to be block-reserved rather than fully sold. These are therefore excluded from the season ticket estimate.
  • A seat is marked as unavailable for up to 28 minutes when added to the basket. It is not possible to exclude these from the estimate.

I was talking to a Doncaster Rovers supporter last night who has bought a season ticket at Donny for next year.  He was telling me that if you can't make a match there, providing you give them 24 hours notice they will refund the cost of the game to you as club credit.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, M_B said:

That’s very sad. Sat huddled together complaining about people who have lots of valid reasons to not attend in todays climate. Pathetic. 

17 hours ago, Doogs said:

So you chose to ignore the free tickets at PNE? But yet take note of the price decrease. Selective arnt you...Just saying..

No idea who this is even in reply too - lots of people commented on PNE’s free tickets since your first weird post (that must have been some gotcha lightbulb moment in your brain a month after starting your stance). Anyway, all the replies said it’s a great idea. It would cost Rovers the equivalent of a weeks wage (fortnight if popular) from Dack and Ayala (or paying someone 10k a week instead of 11k) - seems very astute in my opinion. 

Besides, how many of PNEs tickets do you think went for free? From latest accounts we had very similar income as clubs.

Edited by superniko

27 minutes ago, DarthPaul said:

I was talking to a Doncaster Rovers supporter last night who has bought a season ticket at Donny for next year.  He was telling me that if you can't make a match there, providing you give them 24 hours notice they will refund the cost of the game to you as club credit.

One of the most irritating (it's a big pool to be fair) about Waggott is his reluctance to try anything vaguely innovative like the example from Doncaster. We have become a copy and paste club where the low hanging fruit is the most favourable.

• Like 4