BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Sheffield United (h) - 4/3/23

Morton didn’t play today and I don’t think it’s a coincidence that we were difficult to break down today, against an in your face dirty side like Sheffield utd. He’s sadly too light weight and does not put the effort in or put  his body on the line like Travis and Buckley did today. Apart from the Leicester game where he could stroll around, our upturn has come since he’s been dropped. 

• Like 5

How is the team we beat today second in the league? looks bang average, nothing special about this team. Choked on my coffee when they brought on Sharp (they are seriously desperate), we should have brought on Shearer.

All we need a plan and and a team who's willing to fight for one another to beat this lot. Overrated bunch. Glad to send them packing.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, yeti-dog said:

It's funny you should mention this as I keep remembering the post from someone who said JDT wasn't an upgrade on Mowbray (don't worry, I can't remember who you are). 

I'd say he is a massive upgrade on Mike 'Mowbray' Bassett as we're now seeing how he wants us to play and the team putting it into practice and believing. 

We would never have played like we have recently under Mowbray, never.

Whatever everyone’s opinion is, and the back and forth between now and Mowbray….we did go on a big undefeated run winning 4-0, 5-1 etc. battering teams.

Perhaps the accurate sentence would be “We would never have played like we have recently under Mowbray, in the back end of the season”

But anyway, let’s just enjoy what we’re witnessing. 3rd in the league, FA Cup QF, unbeaten in 11!

Some players have really stepped up last few games, some that I didn’t think they had it in them 

jrc 

pears

szmodics 

all undroppable currently when I thought all were for the exit door

travis was a liability first half of the season but has been unbelievable the last two games Iv watched, maybe needed a kick up the arse 

gallagher will never be everyone’s cup of tea and can be hella frustrating but he can also be a right nuisance for oppositions centre backs, takes the knocks and does the unsexy stuff to let others play and for that I appreciate him

dack and brereton aren’t in the team for me at the moment while the others mentioned continue to perform. Great impact subs 

hyam is a great signing 

I have been critical of Jdt so must give him credit where credit is due and we look like we have a plan these days and can be resolute when needed. Still refreshing from mowbrays nonsense 

• Like 8

Sheffield weren’t dirty, they got stuck in which is what you’d expect them to in a promotion clash. This isn’t a league for fancy dans. They’re a good footballing team and had an excellent spell in the first half and looked a very good side. We could easily have conceded at least 2. The cup tie will be tough and they’ll be out for revenge but today was a day to celebrate a great win not whinge about the opposition 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, goozburger said:

Well, well, well... Six points off Sheffield United who were out of sight not that long ago. They'll be getting the jitters, now!

Certainly hope so ! Being honest though, their run in does look easier on paper than ours. But you never know 🫰🫰🫰

cracking game that,both sides getting stuck in and giving it to each other,extremely pleased that jdt has ditched the walking football and got us playing with passion,got to admit from those stinking performances earlier in the season,i did`nt think we were going to get any better and i had wrote the season off😃

• Like 2

That was a great example of professional football.  Very tough and uncompromising. Only decided by a good move and smart finish. Two very determined teams. 

There is now real belief in all we do. A strength and resilience that was missing at times earlier this season. I was confident today we would win.

Huge credit to management for the way the group is being handled. I'm really enjoying seeing the players develope individually. And improve as a team. 

Don't be aggrieved by United's tactics. The stakes are monumental and we should expect nothing less. Just be proud how we handled them and stayed focused.

Time for the fans to up the ante now and show the players we believe in them and want success. The missing thousands would be the perfect addition to the promotion push.

• Like 3