BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Sheffield United (h) - 4/3/23

• Herbie6590 changed the title to v Sheffield United (h) - 4/3/23 - 12:30 k.o.
  • Herbie6590 pinned this topic

Huge game, win it and we're 6 points behind them with 11 games to go (12 for them). The 2nd automatic spot is still very much up for grabs.

They look a very good side to be fair so it won't be easy.

On the plus side that Anal Ahemaroidzic (I'm that mature) who turned us down last summer is suspended. Fill yer boots Jack Vale!

Their manager is serving a touchline ban too. 

I'm assuming they've sold out the lower tier of the DE, so should be a decent crowd despite the KO time.

Rovers 1 Blades 0

image.thumb.png.a3cc8d11f98355e5d3fcbe334e340303.png

Edited by Sweaty Gussets
  • Like 1

As good as we have been over the last few weeks, i just think this is a game too far for our lads unfortunately, especially with them resting the majority of there first teamers on Wednesday night.

Rovers 0 Sheff Utd 2

Edited by MarkBRFC

I agree with Mark - we've been top drawer lately, but I can't see us beating this lot.

They tore us a new one earlier in the season at their place, and aside the great home win last season we don't often fair very well against them.

Had they taken a tanking off Spurs and dropped a bit of morale, sure i'd have been slightly more optimistic... but they somehow managed to beat Spurs without even fielding their strongest side.

Would be a shame to see our great run come to an end, but i'm expecting a 0-2 loss here.

Edited by TheRevAshton

6 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

As good as we have been over the last few weeks, i just think this is a game too far for our lads unfortunately, especially with them resting the majority of there first teamers on Wednesday night.

Rovers 0 Sheff Utd 2

Rest them? They had a sickness bug in the camp didn't they? Which is probably more detrimental than played 90 minutes of football.

I hate early kick offs, always seem to get random results or shite games that take ages to get going. It's not that long ago we'd be going into this game dreading a pasting, it's nicer to be going into it with a chance.

I said last weeks game at QPR was pivotal and the outcome was the positive one we needed, further enhanced by Tuesday of course.

We'd be beyond giddy with a win tomorrow and I'm backing us to get the job done in a narrow 1-0 home win. They've not won in their last 3 away from home, including against QPR who we brushed aside despite the new manager obstacle.

Do us proud (again) boys.

• Like 1

After three back to back wins of increasing quality each time the core of the teams pretty obvious but some tight calls on the margins for who gets included.... Pears, Hyam, Carter, JRC, Travis, Szmodics, Dolan, Gallagher all obvious starters. Which leaves LB, CM and RW up for grabs. I think I'd go for Brittain LB, Buckley CM and Thomas RW - although if any of Pickering, Morton or Hedges were selected I'd be okay with it I think - all played a part in the beating of Leicester.

Edited by joey_big_nose
  • Like 1

Really fancy it.

They had a very tough game themselves on Wednesday with a few out injured / illness and with it being an early KO this could swing the pendulum in our favour.

The squad is looking thin though but a lot, and I almost can't believe I'm saying this, could rest on the shoulders of JRC being fit. He adds something to both the full back and midfield positions at the moment. You could see on Tuesday just how influential he has become when he got taken off Leicester really started to create some chances.

Going for a nervy 2-1 victory which will hopefully keep up the momentum

COYB!

• Like 3

Potentially a right bubble burster this.

But if we play with the effort and endeavour of Tuesday night (not always easy - after the lord mayor's show etc), not only will I be happy, we'll have a good chance of coming away with something.

• Like 2

This would be a massive three points if we are able to get the win.

Squad is stretched even further with the injuries to Gally and JRC, let’s hope they’re not too serious. 

I think it will be 1-1.

52 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Rovers 0 Sheff Utd 2

Don't understand the love-in for Sheffield utd. Squad wise they're nothing special 

Edited by roverandout
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, TheRevAshton said:

https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/pre-match-view-from-blackburn.94391/

Here's what the Sheff Utd lot are saying on their forum - a couple on there would be happy with a draw so it seems.

Seems they are more insulted on there because of one Rovers fan post saying he's confident.

• Like 2

• Backroom

I'd be happy with a draw, but a win would be dangerous as at that point I think I'd genuinely start to believe we could be able to do the unthinkable. That would be some feat for JDT to achieve, considering how crushed I was after we threw it away in such disgusting fashion last season. 

Still, realistically our good run will falter at some point and it's realistic to pinpoint this match as that moment. As long as we give it a Bowyeresque "right good go" and don't lose something like 4-0 I'll accept whatever the end result is. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, DE. said:

Still, realistically our good run will falter at some point and it's realistic to pinpoint this match as that moment. As long as we give it a Bowyeresque "right good go" and don't lose something like 4-0 I'll accept whatever the end result is. 

I'm reminded of Macbeth and his 'vaulting ambition'😉

Winnable game and a great warm up for the FA Cup.

We have to win our home games if we want to remain in the play offs. Take it to them early and we can beat them. They are nothing special - a well drilled team with some quality

They don't realise we have a secret weapon though. An in form Sam Gallagher.......only to be used on extremely rare occasions. This is one of them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Is this curmudgeon's corner or a match thread for one of the biggest games of the season.

COME ON YOU BLUUUUEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh yes, we need to be curmudgeonly with the Blades in tomorrow's lunchtime kick off, without a doubt. 

It would be wonderful if we could somehow continue the energy and belief from Tuesday's wonderful showing into the best performance so far at Ewood this season. We need to build momentum for the reverse fixture in T'Classico in any event.

My guess is that JDT will have the players fired up for this, and will be looking to build on the confidence that our recent form should generate. We cannot rest on our laurels though, and the reality is that teams like Sheff Utd have more strength in depth, more momentum and more points on the board than we do. 

So, bearing all that in mind, my thoughts are:

Heart: Rovers 3 Blades 0 - a thumping endorsement of our new found capabilities and we continue to rise up the league

Head: Rovers 1 Blades 1 - two 'in form' sides of equal stature battling it out with honours even

Hagrid in a Headlock: Rovers 1 Blades 3 - the sheffield steamroller proves too sharp and incisive as Rovers come back down to earth in March with a thumping bump

COYB!! Let's be that side that puts it all together in the final third of the season - there's always one - why not us?

1 hour ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Huge game, win it and we're 6 points behind them with 11 games to go (12 for them). The 2nd automatic spot is still very much up for grabs.

They look a very good side to be fair so it won't be easy.

On the plus side that Anal Ahemaroidzic (I'm that mature) who turned us down last summer is suspended. Fill yer boots Jack Vale!

Their manager is serving a touchline ban too. 

I'm assuming they've sold out the lower tier of the DE, so should be a decent crowd despite the KO time.

Rovers 1 Blades 0

image.thumb.png.a3cc8d11f98355e5d3fcbe334e340303.png

You mean the CB they broke the rules to buy?

Can't wait for their timely points deduction...

• Like 5