BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Sheffield United (h) - 4/3/23

I'd be very surprised if JDT sends them out, all guns blazing - like we did at Leicester.

I'm expecting similar to the last couple of home games; solid and steady in the first half, bit more adventurous in the second half.

Some really weird comments in that SUFC thread/site. Taking a Dingle's advice on all things Rovers, thinking we won the Prem in 1993, thinking we've not won a trophy since, thinking we expect to be in the Prem (despite being still the 13th most successful club in English football history, like...).

They have massive scumbag section of their fans. I used to police in the S.Yorks area (past life, I saw the light) and they have a disproportionate number of dickheads in their fan base.

They'd arrange to meet up with rival fans in fields before/after a match, just to punch each other in the head - for the grand crime of supporting a different team to themselves. Really weird caveman mentality. 

Edited by Andy
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Andy said:

I'd be very surprised if JDT sends them out, all guns blazing - like we did at Leicester.

I'm expecting similar to the last couple of home games; solid and steady in the first half, bit more adventurous in the second half.

Some really weird comments in that SUFC thread/site. Taking a Dingle's advice on all things Rovers, thinking we won the Prem in 1993, thinking we've not won a trophy since, thinking we expect to be in the Prem (despite being still the 13th most successful club in English football history, like...).

They have massive scumbag section of their fans. I used to police in the S.Yorks area (past life, I saw the light) and they have a disproportionate number of dickheads in their fan base.

They'd arrange to meet up with rival fans in fields before/after a match, just to punch each other in the head - for the grand crime of supporting a different team to themselves. Really weird caveman mentality. 

And even more weirdly, Sheffield is actually a half decent place to live. I wonder if city mentality does something to people's outlook on life.. Anyway, they can be as strange as they wish, as long as they behave themselves in our quiet backwater of relative civility and charm. 

Cometh on'eth, you Blueth

44 minutes ago, onlyonejackwalker said:

We all know this has been a very unusual season. So many low scoring wins. Two brilliant cup runs. A ton of away defeats. Three or four mentally damaging hammerings. 

But we have remained very resilient. Our away form is improving. Our over reliance on two or three players receeding. Our confidence is growing. Players are developing.

The group believed they were good enough last year.  They believed Mowbrays tactics cost us badly. This manager encourages them to play. We seemingly manage our highs and lows very well.

There's no reason to think negatively. Rovers 2-1. COYB.

I never think negative, think win. One comment I read was negative, Sheffield United had players missing and will be at full strength we have'nt much chance. Did'nt we have players missing Tuesday night and wont Sheffield utd be thinking the same, were unbeaten in 10 matches and Knocked Leicester out the cup. I am thinking positive 3-1 to Rovers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RoversTilliDie said:

I never think negative, think win. One comment I read was negative, Sheffield United had players missing and will be at full strength we have'nt much chance. Did'nt we have players missing Tuesday night.....

The difference being that we have played much, much better since we lost our 'better' players....no senior players have been rested.

Just like after the Fulham debacle last season, when TM accidentally found the perfect winning formula, I think the same thing has happened for JDT following the loss of Dack and Diaz. 

Whereas TM didn't look the gift horse in the mouth, I worry that JDT will stubbornly return to the Diaz/Gally on the wing tactics, which I guarantee, will fail.

If he does that, I believe that it will be another catastrophic decision, up there with changing the formation against PNE when we had won SIX HOME GAMES IN A ROW....

So, let's reign in the god-like plaudits for the manager until we see the team selection at 11.30 tomorrow.

Sounds dramatic but that decision will be pivotal in terms of our promotion chances.

I'm nervous.

COY mighty B ! ! !

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, garnersfags said:

So, let's reign in the god-like plaudits for the manager until we see the team selection at 11.30 tomorrow.

We might even rein in the criticism of that until we’ve seen the result!

• Like 5

sheff utd arn`t playing as well as they were before christmas,anal whatzisname is`nt playing either(he`s suspended)i reckon we`ll do them 1-0,we do have to look out for the ugly thug mcburney and the terminally unpleasant billy sharpe,they`ll both be in the refs face,big test for hyam and carter against those two,we got absolutely monstered up in sheffield,lets stand up to them,make it a battle and grab a goal or two

• Like 3

1 hour ago, simongarnerisgod said:

sheff utd arn`t playing as well as they were before christmas,anal whatzisname is`nt playing either(he`s suspended)i reckon we`ll do them 1-0,we do have to look out for the ugly thug mcburney and the terminally unpleasant billy sharpe,they`ll both be in the refs face,big test for hyam and carter against those two,we got absolutely monstered up in sheffield,lets stand up to them,make it a battle and grab a goal or two

The defence that got monstered consisted of Ayala, Phillips, Pickering, Edun and Brittain. Hopefully the new pairing of Hyam and Carter gets on a bit better.....

Be full of confidence about this one gents.Hellfire I am. I really think we are on the up in more ways than one with JDT and his philosophies are finally starting to come to fruition.Will it be easy? Of course not as Sheffield,regardless of current form or not, deserve to be where they are in the table and will pose a very stiff challenge.

However, we are a squad full of self beliefe right now and that can really carry you far in this beautiful sport we all love. Need to take our chances when we get them, no silly mistakes, and just continue to believe and follow what JDT and our teammates are trying to do.

2-1 Rovers Dolan and Sammie.

• Like 1

Tomasson has done an admirable job, and if he stays around, I feel better about the future.

alright, tomorrow: I won’t say a “ must win” situation, in terms of if we lose, the seasons over, and everything has been a failure, but if Rovers can’t get a point vs blades, I think we can kiss automatic promotion goodbye, and maybe the playoffs. 

This one is important for several reasons, but the main one, is the blades are our competition for a spot. We can cut into their advantage a bit with a win, we can stay in the picture with a point. The dingles are promoting, that much is clear. We need to be at least as good as blades, M’bro, Luton, etc. If we can’t get at least a point, I’m afraid we’ve seen the movie before, & know the unhappy ending. 

• Like 1

I just hope the team JDT picks is suitable. Im not sure who is available and who isn't. But for me JRC has to be in there if proven fit. 

Diaz... Not sure. Thomas to come in on the right I would think. 

Some thought searching for our manager this Saturday I reckon. 

Wharton bros... What's the update on those 2? 

Can't watch the match on RoversTV as its unavailable thanks to those xxxxx at sky TV so I'll have to walk a mile into halmstad, Sweden to watch at Olreays sports pub. Only £7.50 for a pint lol. 

COYB. 

• Like 2

Based on the managers update around injuries, I would play:

Pears

JRC. Carter. Hyam. Brittain 

Buckley. Travis

Sorba. Szmodics.  Dolan

Gally

Subs - Hilton, Phillips, Pickering, Morton, Hedges, BBD

Reasons - Side picks itself but imo Brittain is top class and was the difference in the last home game as him and JRC kept springing the press with great forward passing. Sorba and Buckley have earned the right to have their places back and neither Hedges or Morton did enough.

The big choices surround Dolan, Gally and BBD. For me, Dolan has been our most influential player in the last month along with JRC. I think his best position is off the left, he’s on form with assists and goals flowing. He stays in. I’ve gone for Gallagher off the back of his two goals and an assist in the last couple of games. He’s been a real handful and deserves to keep his shirt. BBD has it all to do in my opinion and a couple of games out of the starting XI may help to light that fire again….wouldn’t mind him going on a Bezza style 10 goal bonanza in the last 10 games!

Nothing to fear after beating Leicester in midweek - JUST BE BRAVE, LADS

Rovers 2-1 Sheff United

Side note - I’m absolutely sure that somethings gone on with Adam Wharton. Watching the presser yesterday JDT (in his usual, jovial, animated manner) mentioned every player including Batty and Barnes in his update, omitting A.Wharton. When Bayes asked specifically about his possible return to the first team, JDT’s face changed, as did the tone of his voice. His lips seemed to purse and he said sternly, words to the effect of “he has a lot to do” then immediately flipped himself out into a joke about Brereton commentating for Rovers vs Leicester. Anyone else get that vibe? Hope I’m wrong.

Edited by Paul Mani
  • Like 5

Ahmedhodzic is a lot more than a central defender further Blades even though he is the tallest and most mobile and agile defender they have got.

When I have seen Sheffield United play he also links play going forward, breaks the lines in midfield and recycles attacks in open play.

His height is a big problem when Sheffield United are using their long throws an from.corners and free kicks taking defenders with him creating space for others even if the ball doesn't come to him.

I am hoping his suspension can prove decisive this lunchtime. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Paul Mani said:

Based on the managers update around injuries, I would play:

Pears

JRC. Carter. Hyam. Brittain 

Buckley. Travis

Sorba. Szmodics.  Dolan

Gally

Subs - Hilton, Phillips, Pickering, Morton, Hedges, BBD

Reasons - Side picks itself but imo Brittain is top class and was the difference in the last home game as him and JRC kept springing the press with great forward passing. Sorba and Buckley have earned the right to have their places back and neither Hedges or Morton did enough.

The big choices surround Dolan, Gally and BBD. For me, Dolan has been our most influential player in the last month along with JRC. I think his best position is off the left, he’s on form with assists and goals flowing. He stays in. I’ve gone for Gallagher off the back of his two goals and an assist in the last couple of games. He’s been a real handful and deserves to keep his shirt. BBD has it all to do in my opinion and a couple of games out of the starting XI may help to light that fire again….wouldn’t mind him going on a Bezza style 10 goal bonanza in the last 10 games!

Nothing to fear after beating Leicester in midweek - JUST BE BRAVE, LADS

Rovers 2-1 Sheff United

Side note - I’m absolutely sure that somethings gone on with Adam Wharton. Watching the presser yesterday JDT (in his usual, jovial, animated manner) mentioned every player including Batty and Barnes in his update, omitting A.Wharton. When Bayes asked specifically about his possible return to the first team, JDT’s face changed, as did the tone of his voice. His lips seemed to purse and he said sternly, words to the effect of “he has a lot to do” then immediately flipped himself out into a joke about Brereton commentating for Rovers vs Leicester. Anyone else get that vibe? Hope I’m wrong.

Saw that JDT grimace and my reaction was oh no there has been a possibly big recovery set back being assessed.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, garnersfags said:

The difference being that we have played much, much better since we lost our 'better' players....no senior players have been rested.

Just like after the Fulham debacle last season, when TM accidentally found the perfect winning formula, I think the same thing has happened for JDT following the loss of Dack and Diaz. 

Whereas TM didn't look the gift horse in the mouth, I worry that JDT will stubbornly return to the Diaz/Gally on the wing tactics, which I guarantee, will fail.

If he does that, I believe that it will be another catastrophic decision, up there with changing the formation against PNE when we had won SIX HOME GAMES IN A ROW....

Sounds dramatic but that decision will be pivotal in terms of our promotion chances.

I'm nervous.

COY mighty B ! ! !

Let’s not overdo it. Didn’t TM stick Diaz and Gally on the wings last season to some success? It can work but Dolan and Thomas deserve to retain their places in the side for now.

JDT has done remarkably well this year regardless of what happens today. 

5 hours ago, Aqualung said:

I just hope the team JDT picks is suitable. Im not sure who is available and who isn't. But for me JRC has to be in there if proven fit. 

Can't watch the match on RoversTV as its unavailable thanks to those xxxxx at sky TV so I'll have to walk a mile into halmstad, Sweden to watch at Olreays sports pub. Only £7.50 for a pint lol. 

COYB. 

When JDT was asked about Adam yesterday he just said "oh he's still got a lot to do".

I don't think he means that purely on a fitness basis either, I think there's some attitude issues to iron out. I'd be surprised if we see much of him for the remainder of the season.

5 hours ago, Aqualung said:

COYB. 

You mention the Wharton bros…. I believe some of the speculation aboutA.Wharton’s fall out to be true. I was at the Dack chat on Thursday night and someone asked if he was unhappy not starting at Burnley. Said he was but expected it because he’d not been playing much. Said something along the lines of ‘there were a couple who were a lot more unhappy than me to not be playing’ and someone shouted out the Wharton brothers. Can’t remember his exact reaction to that but everyone knew exactly what he was implying 

Edited by Crozzy

13 minutes ago, Crozzy said:

You mention the Wharton bros…. I believe some of the speculation aboutA.Wharton’s fall out to be true. I was at the Dack chat on Thursday night and someone asked if he was unhappy not starting at Burnley. Said he was but expected it because he’d not been playing much. Said something along the lines of ‘there were a couple who were a lot more unhappy than me to not be playing’ and someone shouted out the Wharton brothers. Can’t remember his exact reaction to that but everyone knew exactly what he was implying 

To me It’s only fair. If you had bad attitude you don’t play. Everyone has spells of being dropped. I could imagine when trav was dropped he was fuming!
He’s now back and one of the standouts…it’s all down to attitude and how you react. I presume A Wharton is still abit immature in this way. He will learn eventually….if he doesn’t, I can see him shipped out on loan next season - especially if we bring new players in.

Onto todays game, we can’t afford to let our heads drop. A win is massive but wouldn’t mind a battling draw! A loss although wouldn’t be the end, it could dent our confidence into the next games. 

Anything but a loss please - 1-1 with a Thomas goal.

Edited by BankEnd Rover

Today's referee is Josh Smith who has had us three times this season and we've put in three of the worst performances (Luton, Wigan and Preston). Expect to see a few yellows as he is currently over four per game. When I have seen him in the past he lacks awareness particularly to the darker arts such as time done which Sheffield are quite good at.

• Like 1

• Backroom
10 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

To me It’s only fair. If you had bad attitude you don’t play. Everyone has spells of being dropped. I could imagine when trav was dropped he was fuming!
He’s now back and one of the standouts…it’s all down to attitude and how you react. I presume A Wharton is still abit immature in this way. He will learn eventually….if he doesn’t, I can see him shipped out on loan next season - especially if we bring new players in.

Onto todays game, we can’t afford to let our heads drop. A win is massive but wouldn’t mind a battling draw! A loss although wouldn’t be the end, it could dent our confidence into the next games. 

Anything but a loss please - 1-1 with a Thomas goal.

Oh no, it's infectious!

• Like 2

Last seasons home game against Sheff Utd was one of the best performances of the season, we easily ran out 3-1 winners against a very good side.

I'd take a draw today, but a win would be tremendous after our midweek exertion. 

Come on Rovers.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Today's referee is Josh Smith who has had us three times this season and we've put in three of the worst performances (Luton, Wigan and Preston). Expect to see a few yellows as he is currently over four per game. When I have seen him in the past he lacks awareness particularly to the darker arts such as time done which Sheffield are quite good at.

OMG, FFS just perfect for Sheffield Thugs United.

If he's crap for both sides then ok I can deal with that but if he doesn't like personal intimidation then that will favour the Thugs.

• Like 1