BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Sheffield United (h) - 4/3/23

4 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Is that still to be decided? 

If there was anything in it I'm sure we'd have heard from Steve Gibson of Boro by now, he's pretty litigious on these things.

Edited by SBlue
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Was just about to say that him and the boy that scored against Spurs(and 2 against us!) may be the difference tomorrow, so this news is a real leveller....

COYB!!!!

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, CD_93 said:

They've only won two games more than we have. They're not giants.

Lets be bloody having them.

I feel sure this will be more or less the last thing - possibly not word-for-word! - that JDT will say to the players before they go out for each half of tomorrow's game. He seems almost like some sort of alchemist, capable of imbuing the squad with a self-belief, which was absent under the previous management.

And even if we only draw tomorrow - I hope we don't, obvs! - not only does it keep us in the mix for, at least, the Play-offs but it'll give us a measure of how sharp The Blades are and what we need to do to blunt them in a fortnight's time.

• Like 3

'Blackburn have kindly advised that a limited amount of tickets are available to purchase on the day. Prices do not increase.

3,355 tickets have been sold.

We have been allocated 4,073 tickets, a further allocation maybe available if necessary'.

So, a decent following. May be 4000 if a few decide to go tonight in the pub, which we did sooo many times back in the day...

Good atmosphere likely, when we wake up around 1pm. 

Few hundred, or more?, tickets sold since Tuesday night, Blackburn End rammed, except rainy front rows...

We will also have a few hundred buying in the morn after drunken decision making. I hope.

Then the next game is a guaranteed 14000+ home fans as it's a tenner a ticket, all areas...

C O Y B !

Edited by garnersfags
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

Seems they are more insulted on there because of one Rovers fan post saying he's confident.

They've always been a set of dicks. Worst fans to come to Ewood on many occasion.

That's what you get for a set of fans that's seen their team win f*** all since 1925.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, booth said:

They've always been a set of dicks. Worst fans to come to Ewood on many occasion.

That's what you get for a set of fans that's seen their team win f*** all since 1925.

Have to agree from my experiences with them down the years but just a typical big city unfashionable outfit really.  Always massive chips on their shoulders against clubs with smaller fanbases but a higher standing in the game.

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, booth said:

The highlight of their history is a few old funny Neil Warnock videos and a cricket match

Given the transfer cheating which the EFL are destined to do nothing about I'd love them to drop out of the top 2.

Not much is ever said about them being ruled by Saudis unlike Newcastle. 

Edited by superniko
  • Like 2

They will do their usual and kick everything above grass height.

There have been dirty blunts ever since Wilder indoctrinated them in the dark arts and shithousery and constant referee intimidation. Their current manager is cut from the same cloth.

We can now deal with that.

If Norwood is fit and playing he needs handling he is a danger.

I expect 1-1

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheRevAshton said:

https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/pre-match-view-from-blackburn.94391/

Here's what the Sheff Utd lot are saying on their forum - a couple on there would be happy with a draw so it seems.

Apparently a dingle told them we are an arrogant bunch who won the title in 93. 
That’s what happens when you listen to a dingle now go and plant your magic beans soft lad

• Like 4

Pressure on them, they are the ones who have spent the money and sit on the ridiculous parachute payments while we’ve spent newt in comparison. We need to go out there with that fearless attitude and leave nothing on the pitch, they ain’t anything special. Good thing about our team being a small group is it makes us more collective and  a tighter team where everyone knows what’s expected of them, a chunk of our squad being academy lads really gives us an advantage in ways cause they play for the shirt, that’s one thing that we need when the unwashed and their fancy mercenaries come to town next month. 

we might be bare bones but if we continue the attitude gives them no respect then we can rattle them and that’s what they will not be comfortable with

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Apparently a dingle told them we are an arrogant bunch who won the title in 93. 
That’s what happens when you listen to a dingle now go and plant your magic beans soft lad

"I’ve worked in Nelson, next to Burnley.
There were a few Burnley fans at work and they told me their big rivalry is with Blackburn Rovers.
They said Blackburn fans have always been, surprisingly arrogant,
Blackburn won the Premier League in 1993 (28 years ago) and their fans still think they are a “big club”, who should be back in the PL.

They also insisted that Burnley fans are the complete opposition and tend to be more down to earth."

That's a special kind of stupid.

Gets the year wrong by saying... "Blackburn won the Premier League in 1993 which was 28 years ago" (and he hasn't even mastered basic maths), as if it's ancient history.

This is from a fan of a cricket club that were Champions of England once, 125 years ago.

They haven't won a major cup for 98 years. Massive club.

Always in the shadow of Sheffield Wednesday.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

As good as we have been over the last few weeks, i just think this is a game too far for our lads unfortunately, especially with them resting the majority of there first teamers on Wednesday night.

Rovers 0 Sheff Utd 2

We have beaten West Ham and Leicester City this season, I remember similar words to yours before both matches, but they won both matches. Like you say it will be far from easy, but I think Sheffield United will be thinking the same way about Blackburn Rovers. 3-1 Rovers after a hard fought match. We cant afford to lose this one if we have dreams of joining our neighbours in the automatic places.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, RoversTilliDie said:

We have beaten West Ham and Leicester City this season, I remember similar words to yours before both matches, but they won both matches. Like you say it will be far from easy, but I think Sheffield United will be thinking the same way about Blackburn Rovers. 3-1 Rovers after a hard fought match. We cant afford to lose this one if we have dreams of joining our neighbours in the automatic places.

Let's see how hungry we are after Tuesday night's feast 🙂 Every season, in every division there is a club that makes a late challenge for glory - this year I am hoping it is us !!

COYB!

10 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Except Jack Vale.

He looked really pedestrian when he came on vs Leics to help see out the game. Fresh legs he should have been busting his balls. Really disappointed me that. 

• Like 4

Pears

Brittain   Carter   Hyam   Pickering

JRC     Travis

Thomas       Szmodics       Dolan

Gallagher/Diaz*

*whoever is fittest, if neither then Hedges and rotating front 4

• Like 1